The most overrated IEMs
Aug 9, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #121 of 199
have you heard the er's?   

Just because its a single ba etc doenst mean its value is inherent in that, take the twfk for example, it can be a fantastic sounding ba if tuned right or it can bad.

The auriosonics must be overated to considering i can have a set of ibuds for under a fiver.  Both dynamic drivers basically the same thing eh
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #123 of 199
Quote:
I haven't liked any of the iems dsnuts has recommended.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

??

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620246/affordable-iems-canalphones-or-earbuds/60

you wrote that 38 minutes ago?  did you changed your mind in 38 minutes???

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #125 of 199
Quote:
What about Etymotic ER4P ? Single BA for 300 $ ? you can get single BA for 50 $.

You can get multiple BA's for $100 that sound worse.  While pricey, the ER4 is a specifically tuned instrument.  Though the P is my least favorite of the ER4s.

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #126 of 199
Quote:
have you heard the er's?   

Just because its a single ba etc doenst mean its value is inherent in that, take the twfk for example, it can be a fantastic sounding ba if tuned right or it can bad.

The auriosonics must be overated to considering i can have a set of ibuds for under a fiver.  Both dynamic drivers basically the same thing eh
tongue_smile.gif

Which TWFK IEM sounds bad?  I've heard 4 of them (R-50, UE700, B2 and GR01) and non of thoughs sound bad and I haven't read any other reviews that say theres a pair that does.  Granted some sound better than others but I can't think of one that would just sounds flat out bad.  If your going to say the ADDIEM it doesn't use a TWFK its some weird Knowles hybrid dual BA.

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #133 of 199
Quote:
What are, in your opinion, the most overrated/overpriced IEM's ? I think that IE8 are probably overrated/overpriced

This is too funny. I had the opposite experience with the IE8. Sure it needs 500 hours of burn-in but once it is burned in, I found the sound of the humble iPod/IE8 combo better than most of the high-end systems at audiophile meets. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back