The most EPIC prank I've ever done. (video)
Feb 12, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #32 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Drag0n. Whether or not they "crossed the line" by cutting some mail and paychecks, I think trying to send your friends to jail is way beyond that line.

I believe the idea is they wouldn't be friends anymore because who wants a friend like that.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #33 of 71
What's funny is that almost everyone in that video is brilliant in their own ways, and we have a lot of professional experience designing products all over the place. We were just throwing a decent party for our friend who had been gone for 6+ months. We aren't fratboy idiots. We just enjoy having a good time, building things with our hands, and using tools.

Also, I'm not sure how spraying someone with shaving cream makes a good prank, but drywalling over someone's hallway doesn't? To me the shaving cream seems a lot gayer than taking the time to drywall over someone's door, taping it, mudding it, painting it, installing an outlet, etc.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #37 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's funny is that almost everyone in that video is brilliant in their own ways, and we have a lot of professional experience designing products all over the place. We were just throwing a decent party for our friend who had been gone for 6+ months. We aren't fratboy idiots. We just enjoy having a good time, building things with our hands, and using tools.

Also, I'm not sure how spraying someone with shaving cream makes a good prank, but drywalling over someone's hallway doesn't? To me the shaving cream seems a lot gayer than taking the time to drywall over someone's door, taping it, mudding it, painting it, installing an outlet, etc.

I agree...I wish I had the motivation to pull a prank like that.

And if you're concerned that I was insinuation that you're a fratboy idiot, I'm not. My friends and I drink and have a good time like it seems you guys do, and I don't consider myself a fratboy idiot. Just because you do some idiotic things once in a while (and let's face it, pranks are ultimately idiotic...not that there's anything wrong with them in the right situation) doesn't mean you are an idiot. Props to you and your roommates for taking the time to pull off a time-consuming prank and doing it right.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #38 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the idea is they wouldn't be friends anymore because who wants a friend like that.

Okay, if I decided that I didn't like my roommates anymore, I would move out. Not call the police.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #39 of 71
Quote:

Well MAINLY because a prank should be funny and an EPIC prank should be REALLY funny and the drywalling a room shut just wasn't very funny to me. I mean in a comedic way. However someone covered from head to toe with shaving cream and baby powder is pretty darned funny to me...lol and also quite harmless...of course you wouldn't want to do that to Dragon...lol...anyway lighten up man now your gettin too serious Cash. Who gives a f___ anyway. If you guys had fun rock on! Right?

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #41 of 71
Man, a lot of haters in this thread. I'd like to see you guys post your next prank, I think it will be epically LAME.

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #42 of 71
Quote:

Man, a lot of haters in this thread. I'd like to see you guys post your next prank, I think it will be epically LAME.

lol that's what you get for strutting your stuff like it's the bombdiggity
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #43 of 71
Im not a hater. I just didnt find cutting up someones mail and paychecks a funny thing.
Depending whats in his mail, it can be very serious.
The stealing of just one letter.....the right letter, can ruin someones life, and people just dont think of the repercussions of such an act.
And this is supposed to be your friend.

Im not against jokes and pranks at all. I think the door/sheet rock thing ,is funny.

The powder thing in the face isnt something i would do either.
I see the humour in it, sure...., but im careful with people and wouldnt want it to go into his eyes and damage them, or for him to be surprised when it happens and choke to death on a bunch of powder, especially if hes asthmatic or has a hidden health problem.
Ok, chances are he will be fine and youll laugh it off. Sure, call me paranoid.....but im an accident insurance agent and i see freeky things all the time, and im careful.

Halloween some kids did something very funny. They attacked a young boy and bombed that sucker with eggs. Dood, he was covered!!!! Funny as hell !!!!
Actually, it turned out that it wasnt so funny......because the boy ended up deaf in one ear after it. An egg went right into his ear canal with some shells. But its ok because when he buys headphones, when one side dies he can flip them around and use the other side, so he will save money.
smily_headphones1.gif

All in innocent, good fun.

Ive had many problems with mail in the past, and its caused me alot of IRS problems, and problems with my health insurance coverage. Haha, funny. Darn kids in the area used to steal my mail.
I also live paycheck to paycheck on commission, and one bad week of replacing paychecks would cause me alot of problems with late bills. Some mail i get is very important, and dealing with insurance, the loss of some important papers could mean my job, or legal suits.
Ok, your friend is in school and probably not in the business im in, but im just trying to show how it could possibly be serious.

As i said, im not a hater or against jokes and pranks, but think of where a person is coming from when you make a judgemental statement.
Its all good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #44 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol that's what you get for strutting your stuff like it's the bombdiggity
rolleyes.gif

Drywalling over someone's room IS bombdiggity. You just didn't get the memo because you weren't on the people who do cool pranks list, you were on the lame pranks list.

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #45 of 71
Quote:

Drywalling over someone's room IS bombdiggity. You just didn't get the memo because you weren't on the people who do cool pranks list, you were on the lame pranks list.

Ah, now there's the attitude that crashed the last "Macintosh vs. Windows" thread.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back