the most comfortable headphones?
Jun 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 24
which ones? and from where?

Beyer Dynamic DT250, I believe. Shure 940's should fit it also, as they have the same pads as 840's according to Shure. And since the 940s come with an extra set of pads, IT GIVES YOU A GOOD REASON TO GET THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME(the headphones).*

*That's a very bad reason to get them but you should get them because they're comfortable and the sound is top-notch~

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Beyer Dynamic DT250, I believe. Shure 940's should fit it also, as they have the same pads as 840's according to Shure. And since the 940s come with an extra set of pads, IT GIVES YOU A GOOD REASON TO GET THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME(the headphones).*

*That's a very bad reason to get them but you should get them because they're comfortable and the sound is top-notch~

im actually just lookin for pads to replace my m50 ones, not a whole diffrent headphone, do you think the dt250 pads would fit the m50s?

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #21 of 24
Audio Technica headphones & Beyers are pretty comfortable. 

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
anyone know of any velour pads that would fit the m50 and be very comfortable?

Here is an easy mod.  Stretch them over a box for 24hrs. straight.  Purchase Beyer softskins or velours, the ones made for the DT770-990 series (round, not oval).  Cut the stock cushions on your M50's down to just the "lip", where the cushion wraps around the cup.  Take the Beyer softskins or velours and glue them to the thin lip that you just made.  Beyer was ingenious for this design, being the cushions are circular, it spreads the weight evenly on both side of the head and offers ample room inside for anyone's ears = no pressure points.  I did this mod to my Pro700MK2's.  I can officially wear them for 11hrs. straight, just like my DT990.

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #23 of 24
For comfort, I loved the Beyerdynamic DT880 while I had them. Always a pleasure to wear.

But I've come to love the Sennheiser HD-800. Very comfy and they're my favorite to listen to.

I also find the AKG K-1000 comfortable, but you have to stay fairly still to keep them from moving around.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #24 of 24
The AD700.  And I am EXTRAORDINARILY particular about this.  People talk about headphones disappearing on their heads that I found absolutely unbearable to wear for more than an hour, to give you some perspective on my standards for comfort.

The DT770s Pros were far too tightly clamping.  Didn't care for the vaunted Beyerdynamic velour earpads much either, even when I owned the DT990s.  The ridges on the AKG K70X headband are, to put it nicely, the worst design evarrr.  Also, I found the foam in their earpads to be too firm for my tastes.  The AD900s look a lot like the AD700s, but don't be fooled.  They use a flat driver design rather than the angled drivers of the AD700, which means that your ear will touch the plastic driver grilles and cause discomfort.

Some complain that the AD line from Audio Technica are too large for their heads.  Maybe, but they seem quite perfect for my head.  The clamping force is incredibly light and its such a relief compared to other headphones, even ones that are typically considered to be lightly clamping.  No other headphone I have tried have even come CLOSE to the AD700s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back