The most beautiful headphones you know of?
Aug 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #526 of 590
Quote:
Yeah, the elongated wooden cups thing just does not do it for me at all. They look downright silly to me, actually.

Thanks, I thought I was the only one that thought those looked rather..."unattractive"
Reminds me a girl I met once - gorgeous, but with extremely oversized nipples. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #528 of 590
Quote:
I have purchased one set of 6 headphone stands (black) from Wiktor of Poland.  3 red's and 3 blue's
There is probably another sets of natural wood colour left may be another six I am not sure but
it will be somewhat expensive.  This is the picture that I got from Wiktor

i'm almost afraid to ask, given the obscene prices Wiktor asks for orphs & their amps, but i will anyway. how much does he want for these stands?

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #529 of 590
My custom matte ES10s. Those and the new white pearl M-80 by V-MODA. They are just stunning in person, and I am not usually a fan of white. Maybe I'll post some photos up soon although photos just don't do them justice.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #531 of 590
Quote:
well. not before a few test runs.
:wink:

beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #533 of 590
Yeah, AKG has the looks department nailed.

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #534 of 590
Hands down edition 10s are the best looking with stax 009 coming in a close second

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #535 of 590
Here's my vote:
The first is of a custom, the rest are of my version #0692. The most beautiful wood, highest quality leather pads, as well as the best cable and plug I have seen. Couple this with top notch SQ and unique sound signature and you have an all-time classic.

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #537 of 590
Reminds me of a classier version of some old radio headsets I have. I like the look. Who makes it? 

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #538 of 590
I prefer metal (shiny or not) over wood.  When it comes to just the looks, there are a few I could only "look."

Ferrari T350

Eskuche 33x

The supposedly rare and incomplete Final Audio Muramasa VIII

California Headphones like this Silverado

And the rest were already mentioned.

Unfortunately I don't own any of these 'cause I'm still saving up for another "for the sound" headphone... unless I read good reviews of the Silverado here on Headfi, then I might consider that.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #540 of 590
Quote:
Here's my vote:
The first is of a custom, the rest are of my version #0692. The most beautiful wood, highest quality leather pads, as well as the best cable and plug I have seen. Couple this with top notch SQ and unique sound signature and you have an all-time classic.

I would also pick the W3000s. The lacquer is stunning; the cups look like black mirrors in low light, but put them under a bright light and the beautifully rich wood grain is revealed. It's an exquisite work of art in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back