The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #1,396 of 4,317
Not over $30.

Quote:
My neighbour is tired of his se215's, he's looking for something a bit more fun and engaging. This thread caught my attention/ made me laugh so I ordered myself a pair.

I will proceed to giving them to him and see how he likes them; without mentioning the price.

How would you guys price these if they were a bigger brand?

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #1,397 of 4,317
due to the lack of soundstage, horrible cable and housing $25-45. They sound really good and non fatiguing :)

Quote:
My neighbour is tired of his se215's, he's looking for something a bit more fun and engaging. This thread caught my attention/ made me laugh so I ordered myself a pair.

I will proceed to giving them to him and see how he likes them; without mentioning the price.

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #1,398 of 4,317

Quote:
due to the lack of soundstage, horrible cable and housing $25-45. They sound really good and non fatiguing :)

Lack of soundstage.....what are you comparing them to?  To me the soundtage is rather good

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #1,400 of 4,317
Come back and let us know how that goes, its always fun to get blind impressions from folks.

Quote:

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #1,401 of 4,317
HAHAHA!
I'm so glad I got 2 pairs, one for me, and one for a friend.

These little things are AMAZING :D
Ok - not worth £50+ but they are Certainly better than the Denon AH-C260's, CX500/CX400II's, and just under the EX500's

These are BEFORE burn-in - literally, just my first impressions:
-Bass is nice, not over powering, nor too little - just about right -> I know I'm an extreme basshead, but here - I'm being a little less "extreme" - these have a nice bass impact.
-Their mids are quite muddy so far - I'm SURE this will change with burn-in, put it this way, the CX500's/CX400II's sounded muddier at first
-Their highs are present and don't spike at ANY point - they are quite rolled off in fact, but what I love about them is that they don't pierce you in the ears, thus aren't bright at all - if anything they sound quite dark.
-Isolation is actually not bad
-Comfortable for me, over-the-ear - although for my friend with smaller ears he found them hard to put on -> so you might need to buy extra tips, I certainly don't but will play around with some tips I have
-Soundstage is excellent, honestly, kind of reminds me of the IE7's possibly a little more closed in atm, but still - excellent.
-Build quality is nice, and the wire is absolutely brilliant (reminds me of "Surcouf" wires - any of my french crew will understand what I mean)

So far my price estimate for them is:
-£35

I paid £8 - thanks to user "some1" for organising the group buy - he has some for sale - WELL worth the price, go buy them NAOW!

This price will probably go up, with burn-in!

I would like to thank:
-Some1
-Dsnuts for bringing them to my attention

If your in the US - grab yourself 5 pairs, and hand them out to people, they will love you :D!
If your in the EU/UK, if you don't buy some from "some1", I'll feel sorry for you, as these are an absolute steal.

Don't get me wrong, I can't see them being my main earphones, but they are certainly and most definitely staying with me until they break :D!

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #1,402 of 4,317
haha - I've had these on for around 1-2hrs now, was watching head-fi TV on CES2012 - brilliant :D

They do get a little uncomfortable after a long period, due to the design and housing being quite large.

Here are some pictures!

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #1,403 of 4,317
Great pics. Lol! Glad you are enjoying these.. I have decided to bust open a new pair as I can't stand looking at my old pair any more. They are SOO ugly. Funny, I was walking around with my MP 8320s in my ears and the looks I was getting from people.. From audio fans obviously but they are all looking at how shiny chrome my earphones are. They do tend to stick out quite a bit in public. Nothing like having Chrome mini blow dryers in your ears.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,404 of 4,317

Quote:
Great pics. Lol! Glad you are enjoying these.. I have decided to bust open a new pair as I can't stand looking at my old pair any more. They are SOO ugly. Funny, I was walking around with my MP 8320s in my ears and the looks I was getting from people.. From audio fans obviously but they are all looking at how shiny chrome my earphones are. They do tend to stick out quite a bit in public. Nothing like having Chrome mini blow dryers in your ears.

hahahaha! 

And cheers :D!

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #1,405 of 4,317
Maybe I'm being a lazy ass not reading through this whole thread but has anyone cracked these babies open yet?

Bought three pairs thinking they would be a nice DIY custom project. Maybe someone has tips for opening them before I destroy one pair!

EDIT: Or do I have to be the guy to take one for the team?

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,409 of 4,317

Quote:
Well the shells are definitely easy to crack. The drivers, on the other hand, are pretty much stuck to the nozzle side of the shell. Removing them destroys them. I think this is typical for a lot of dynamic iems.

Ya that is why i recommended recabling them not getting the drivers out, probably should have mentioned that.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #1,410 of 4,317
I just received mine. Haven't tested it yet but I have one question.
Does you guy's 8320 comes with a box or just a plastic bag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL1Q2FEhaho
In the video, it seems that it comes with a box but mine only resides in a plastic bag. No difference in content but seems like they are keeping the price low by saving the packaging.

It's a gift to my sister, that wont be back until tomorrow. But I really want to try that for her XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back