The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #1,591 of 4,317

Quote:
oh lol - that's just the size of your EAR - so it all depends on you.
I always use medium :)

the actual driver size is the 100, 200, 400, 500 thing.
But the size of your ear (thus not driver) is S,M,L

Quote:
That's my understanding, especially as the “diameter“ seems to be the outer diameter (too big to be the inner diameter)
I used to get T-400 (no mention of size) for the SHE3580 (big tube) and the T-100 for the etys (tiny tube)

Awesome. Thanks! Any recommendations on the T-400s vs the Tx-400s?? No wax guard vs wax guard?

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #1,592 of 4,317

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks! Any recommendations on the T-400s vs the Tx-400s?? No wax guard vs wax guard?

Up to you.
No real difference sonically.

If the price is near, then get the TX's for extra "no worries if wax goes down the nozzle" 

then again, I've always bought the TX's since they came out, as they weren't all that more expensive.
I have NEVER had THAT much wax in my ears, nor on my earphones - so never concerned me - i just got it for the added bonus for the little extra cost that's it :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,593 of 4,317

Quote:
Up to you.
No real difference sonically.

If the price is near, then get the TX's for extra "no worries if wax goes down the nozzle" 

then again, I've always bought the TX's since they came out, as they weren't all that more expensive.
I have NEVER had THAT much wax in my ears, nor on my earphones - so never concerned me - i just got it for the added bonus for the little extra cost that's it :)

Great to hear. Thanks! 

Also, a review on Amazon mentioned using regular ear plugs, but punching a hole in them. Have you or anyone else tried this??

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #1,595 of 4,317
Meh on the t-400's for me, they wont seal. My ears suck and only foam will do the job the the angle just isnt right. Triflange are ok but I am looking for something like what comes with the Etymotic line with the large barrel. Basically unless I am holding them against my ear canals they are empty.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #1,596 of 4,317

Quote:
Interested to hear your take on them CC51s..Imo I think the MP8320 have a better sound. Thats just my opinion but you might like them more than I did.

I got the 8320s in this week and have only got a little over 10 hours in burn in but I now hear what the praise is all about in these cyborg looking phones.  These do not sound like $7 phones, far from it.  Compared to the cc51 more , the sound is more dynamic, clear and open. Joker's reviews for both are pretty much spot on although I may need a better rig to bring out the qualities of the cc51 he speaks of as I don't hear the sound stage depth he talks about from my iPhone. The 8320s present better there with my iPhone as source.

Which is better for me?  Hmm, I would probably pick the 8320s for overall listening, and the cc51s for a more laid back listening experience.

For tips, I tried some complys I had laying around, but it put the entire piece to close to my ear and was not comfortable.  Tried a pair of double flanged and that worked like a charm - good seal and gave some distance from the piece to make for a comfortable fit.

Great find Dsnuts.  What's you next great budget find?

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #1,597 of 4,317
The Mp8320 is an anomaly to the likes which I have yet to match its equal for the price. I would enjoy your new finds for now  and once your ready there are 2 other threads that I support. The TT isurus which was after these and Philips SHE3580.  Though I have to admit you might actually prefer the newest earphones the ATH-CKM50. The MP8320 throw out a more proper signature but the CKM50s are a blast to listen to you music with.. They sound just like the earphone version of the M50 full sized headphones..For $25. Now if you want more a detailed earphone the TT isurus is one that you have to do a certain amount of brain burn as they have really detailed highs that guys are taming with complys and such. Everyone has different taste so I am seeing guys that prefer the isurus over the MP8320 and visa versa and even the SHE3580 which are outstanding earphones in their own right.

It seems there is a resurgence of new earphones that I am seeing all the time on Amazon. Stay tuned I am working on the next big find..If you go the respective threads you can read more about the others.. The MP8320 even today is an outstanding value that I have yet to match..

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,600 of 4,317
100 hours of burn in time now.

These sound magical, price to sound quality wise.  I don't think we have ever seen such a value in the audio industry.
The replications and accuracy these IEM's produce is truly way, way beyond it's price.
Let's be honest, why spend 200+ dollars on IEM's.  When you can have better sound for $8-9 dollars.

Truly one of the gems of the industry at the moment.  Along with my other favorite the Panasonic HTF-600 with Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads added on.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #1,602 of 4,317

Quote:
100 hours of burn in time now.

These sound magical, price to sound quality wise.  I don't think we have ever seen such a value in the audio industry.
The replications and accuracy these IEM's produce is truly way, way beyond it's price.
Let's be honest, why spend 200+ dollars on IEM's.  When you can have better sound for $8-9 dollars.

Truly one of the gems of the industry at the moment.  Along with my other favorite the Panasonic HTF-600 with Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads added on.

Hey you following my threads.? Lol! I agree with your assessment on both. Excellent bang per bucks.

Quote:
has anyone compared the 8320 v. the 8322 ?

so damn cheap, might as well just get both and do an A/B myself.

No. Just say no to the 8322. I bought those to try out my self. I will spare you from spending your 8 bucks or so for those. The 8320 is the best they have by far. Everything else they have sound like their respective price points. I tried em all.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,604 of 4,317
Because of the size of these things and the microphonics I don't know if these MP8320 will be good for the gym. One I can recommend for you I bought one myself. Has a small dish housing so very comfy and has almost no microphonics with good sound. For the gym try these. Panasonic HJE350. These can be bought online on Amazon for around $18-$20. These are perfect for the gym. Solid build comfy and the lest amount of microphonics for earphones. The MP8320 actually has the better overall sound but these aren't too far off besides I don't think anyone that is working out is gonna be analytical about what your hearing. The sound on these are actually very good for the price point as well..Nothing really missing in the sounds and has good bass and enough clarity balance and detail to do your music just fine. Especially when your working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back