The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,622 of 4,317
It's really funny you mention this.  Last night I was playing around with the MP's on my home setup to try and see if I could improve the timbre of guitars, cymbals, and snare as I find them a little off.  I stumbled upon using the below EQ:

Before you ask I use the Xonar audio centre so the EQ is on all outputs not just Foobar.  
I think perhaps the mids get a little congested normally and I don't quite get the bite of guitars as I would like.  I also find cymbals to be a tad splashy the snare can sound a bit odd.  For whatever reason I found this EQ to help quite significantly....I really love the sound these produce...I'd say I'm preferring them to my CAL in many ways. 

If anyone is interested and can verify this setting is just the 'Metal' preset with the 500Hz pulled back down to almost 0dB. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #1,623 of 4,317
Ordered a few for some friends here, They came in a small plastic baggie versus the box which i saw other people have :frowning2:
The fit is rather strange, It doesn't seem particularly snug fitting, and it takes some getting use to
For 8 dollars the sound is rather unexpected in a good way. As some have said earlier, they aren't the most bass heavy of in-ear headphones (a skullcandy 50/50 easily has more bass). However, the treble is clear, and my friends were impressed. 
Granted, these were not burned it, but pretty much new out of the box (or bag) when i tried them, so it's possible that their sound quality changes over some usage.
Over all good buy, but could have a bit more bass for my taste.
Then again, keep mind theses are 8 bucks apiece, and for that price you can't really complain.
Thanks for the recommendation Dsnuts!

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #1,624 of 4,317
They way they fit is kinda like you have to have the driver housing. All big bulkiness of it in your ear canal. I know that sounds like a task as these do have some torture like device size but that is how they are supposed to fit. So the nozzle with tip in the earhole the housing into the canal. Now if they don't fit that way. I know guys have used longer tips to fit them in without the housing sitting inside your ears.

I have to admit these aren't the smartest design. These guys that created this housing I have no idea...Audio Technica uses similar sized drivers but those are so much more easier and more comfier to put into your ears. They will get better and better with more use/ burn in. Try some other tips as well.. Happy listening.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #1,625 of 4,317
Got mine today. Very nice for under ten bucks.

Running through my Samsung Infuse phone with the Voodoo Sound app's bass boost enabled, the bass is actually pretty impressive.

Pretty similar-sounding to the Koss KSC75 I picked up a couple weeks ago, though a touch less detailed, and with less pronounced midrange. But I would say the price to performance ratio is about the same as the Koss.

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,626 of 4,317

Quote:
and that's why i never bought the TF10's...always thought they lacked bass.

And that is why I sold my TF10s
Just could not justify the price when Monoprice is doing 90% of what TF10s were doing, and I have no comfort issues with the Monos.

These are just pure and simple gems of in-ears. For price they are amazing. I will be ordering another or possibly two more pairs just to keep them around. These for sure with better cable and more accessories would fetch 100+ easily and if it was manufactured by the "cool" brands like Monster, would have a list of $399 easily.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,627 of 4,317

Quote:
And that is why I sold my TF10s
Just could not justify the price when Monoprice is doing 90% of what TF10s were doing, and I have no comfort issues with the Monos.

These are just pure and simple gems of in-ears. For price they are amazing. I will be ordering another or possibly two more pairs just to keep them around. These for sure with better cable and more accessories would fetch 100+ easily and if it was manufactured by the "cool" brands like Monster, would have a list of $399 easily.

well lets not get ahead of ourselves.

These are good - but not worth anything more than $50.
They are still one of the few IEM's that are worth more than what you can actually buy them for, but still, nothing more than that.
The EX500's beat these easily hwoever the denon c260's and CX400II's will have trouble in certain areas

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #1,634 of 4,317
I just got my pair after a couple of weeks of waiting. First impressions: The stock eartips suck, I replaced them with senneheiser biflanges and they're way way more comfortable and isolate better this way. Wearing them chord up is the only way I can wear them comfortably. At first I thought they were too mid forward, but I started amping them with a fiio E5 and played with some EQ settings, and now they're almost a whole different set of headphones; I just can't believe how well they respond to EQ. I'm going to do some A-B comparisons and will post back when I have enough time with them. In the mean time, thanks for directing my attention towards them :D

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #1,635 of 4,317
Hey welcome to the $7.11 club. You guys enjoy your new earphones. Look forward to both you guys impressions once you get used to the sound.  And Martin you are gonna love Rock on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back