The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,561 of 4,317
True, I struggled with seal until I bought tips.  I have Monster gels, Monster foams, and Sony Hybrids and they're all great; they made me want to keep these IEMs.  I have some others like Comply and some stock tips from other IEMs that I haven't tried.

The Hybrids are the latest I've used (thanks eke!).  Jury's out with regards to sound, but I think I'm getting more detailed highs.  Every listening session is different, so I'm not going to make declarative statements about one tip or another.  But I do put these same tips on my TF10 with only slightly less satisfactory results.  In other words, bigger difference on the MEP-933 when you change tips than on the TF10.

(I think my TF10 wants an acrylic tip.  And and acrylic body.  She's a demanding little one.)

mkay, regarding sony hybrids and monster gels - do they really fit T400 size nozzles and where on earth do I get non-fake ones?

Feb 29, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,563 of 4,317
Got my Sony Hybrids from a head-fier, but that's only because I'm too lazy to drive to the Sony outlet, where apparently they're crazy cheap.  If there are knockoff Sony tips, it's possible that's what I have, as I don't know how to tell.  But they were unopened when I got them, for what that's worth.

I bought the Monster sampler pack from Radio Shack.  That day I also bought the Auvio rubber tip pack, which look and feel like the Sony Hybrids (though it's been a while since I really checked them out).  There was a head-fier who stated that they are the same.  I don't remember who, but I think if you search Auvio and Sony you'll find it easily enough and can determine if he/she is full of it.

EDIT:  I know next to nothing about tips and nozzle size.  The Monster foams fit easily on the TF10 and the MEP-933.  I don't remember how easy it is to get the Monster gels on, but others are doing it too.  The Hybrids are a tight fit on the TF10, not as tight on the MEP-933 that I can recall, but even when it feels like it's not gonna go, I make it go.

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #1,567 of 4,317
It seems the general consensus on these is that they're pretty balanced but lacking in sub-bass. Am I on point to assume this? Sub-bass is critical to me since I'd be using these almost exclusively at the gym, and if these don't have it, I don't even want to pay $9 for them. That, plus the poor fit. Spending another 8-10 bucks on decent tips makes these almost $20.

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,568 of 4,317
They are bass-light.

Not much mid-bass let alone sub-bass.
Oh and the stock tips worked perfectly for me btw, the comply's were just lying about, only had 1 pair, so stuck em on - and it extended the bass and muffled those mids a lil (comply speciality) -> win for me

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #1,569 of 4,317
I don't think they lack sub bass. But if that is a part of the sound you like/ want. Try a Philips SHE3580. Some of the best sub bass you will hear for any earphone and is equally cheap as well.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #1,573 of 4,317

Quote:
so has anyone removed the screen on them and stuck a piece of foam in there instead? 

I took off the filter, but I didn't do the foam thing. What I did though was to tape up the vent. I like the sound better that way.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #1,574 of 4,317
They aren't the bassiest, but not bad for $7.11 right.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #1,575 of 4,317
Isn't that what makes it good, the closer to neutral bass rather than all the other bass-bloated budget IEMs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back