The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 29, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #1,546 of 4,317
Try out all your extra tips from your other earphones. You never know what will work. I can confirm foam tips and Sony hybrids which I am using now works perfectly. Monster tips also work well and throws out a bit more bass end.

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #1,548 of 4,317
My Shure SE530 tips did not fit.  However I had some larger rubber ones from Creative that have increased sound quality due to being larger and getting a better seal in the ear canal.  I'm still looking for a reliable vendor for SoundMagic tips in the US.  Even though the Comply TX-400's may be the next best option.

At around 12 hours burn in now.  Instrument separation has increased.  Sub-bass still lacking.  Mids are quite on point.  Bass is punchy but very subtle still, overall musicality is excellent though.  Great clarity and refinement.  Just wishing for some more bass extension from these huge drivers.  *prays*

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #1,553 of 4,317
True, I struggled with seal until I bought tips.  I have Monster gels, Monster foams, and Sony Hybrids and they're all great; they made me want to keep these IEMs.  I have some others like Comply and some stock tips from other IEMs that I haven't tried.

The Hybrids are the latest I've used (thanks eke!).  Jury's out with regards to sound, but I think I'm getting more detailed highs.  Every listening session is different, so I'm not going to make declarative statements about one tip or another.  But I do put these same tips on my TF10 with only slightly less satisfactory results.  In other words, bigger difference on the MEP-933 when you change tips than on the TF10.

(I think my TF10 wants an acrylic tip.  And and acrylic body.  She's a demanding little one.)

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,557 of 4,317
Glad to see you back Kiteki. You see Jokers review on them? I had a feeling he would put the sound rating at around mid 7s. Which for this tier of earphone is unheard of.. I just wonder what a bit more refinements could do for these earphones.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,558 of 4,317
I hate to be the dissenting opinion but I just never got on with these. The fit is extremely difficult due to the large housing and short nozzle. I tried a wide variety of tips and did manage to get a seal. The sound was a bit thin anyway. After listening for about 30 minutes my wife became a little annoyed with the large amount of sound leakage. No other IEM I own leaks much if any sound. it doesn't isolate very well either. It's almost like a combo IEM/earbud really. It's possible that the sound improves greatly after break in but I never got that far. I gave up.

I do think it's great that Dsnuts found such a cheap IEM that many have found so enjoyable. In addition, I purchased the AT CKM50 from the other Dsnuts thread and I find them to be very enjoyable. Keep up the hunt, DS. Your bargain finds make the hobby more enjoyable.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #1,559 of 4,317
Quote:
hey you're back :)

Yup.

Quote:
The monoprice 8320 still alive  :)  Welcome back kiteki

Thanks.

Quote:
Glad to see you back Kiteki. You see Jokers review on them? I had a feeling he would put the sound rating at around mid 7s. Which for this tier of earphone is unheard of.. I just wonder what a bit more refinements could do for these earphones.

Thanks.  Nop haven't seen the ljokerl review, mid 7's?  Sw33t.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #1,560 of 4,317

Quote:
I hate to be the dissenting opinion but I just never got on with these. The fit is extremely difficult due to the large housing and short nozzle. I tried a wide variety of tips and did manage to get a seal. The sound was a bit thin anyway. After listening for about 30 minutes my wife became a little annoyed with the large amount of sound leakage. No other IEM I own leaks much if any sound. it doesn't isolate very well either. It's almost like a combo IEM/earbud really. It's possible that the sound improves greatly after break in but I never got that far. I gave up.

I do think it's great that Dsnuts found such a cheap IEM that many have found so enjoyable. In addition, I purchased the AT CKM50 from the other Dsnuts thread and I find them to be very enjoyable. Keep up the hunt, DS. Your bargain finds make the hobby more enjoyable.

Ya sorry to hear these didn't work out for you. I have to admit the housing design with the short nozzle is kinda not a good design. It is almost a crap shoot to get these to fit correct. You have to have a medium to large ear canals. But I am glad you find the CKM50s to your liking..If you enjoy that sound signature. I know these newest earphones I have are not budget but I honestly think they are worth the money asked easily. If you want a nice upgrade to that sound signature later on try out a higher end CKS77.. I have them in my ears now. They fit even better than the CKM50/ built better. Has a better acoustics/ balance and has some of the best bass I have ever heard quality wise on anything I have. Astounding and just a blast to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back