The Mod Collective: Bring all your full sized headphone mods here.
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #256 of 521
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #257 of 521
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #258 of 521
headphones-listen.jpg

Someone reviewed these and said he liked it better than his T1, and the person is a Beyer superfan, and has heard almost all the headphones and has some stoopid rare ones,

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Also, in tis review, it was mentioned the product is the most simple engineering with a cheap driver, and the potential is high with improved driver.

I don't mention reviewer b/c he doesn't like being mentioned. You can youtube the Ergo Review.

I only bring this up b/c its fairly cheap, and i have these mod bug, but it looks so gawdamn ridiculous. Like LMAO

giphy.gif

I am shopping an endgame to get out of this madness, but the mod ideas are limitless lmao

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #259 of 521

Someone reviewed these and said he liked it better than his T1, and the person is a Beyer superfan, and has heard almost all the headphones and has some stoopid rare ones,

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Also, in tis review, it was mentioned the product is the most simple engineering with a cheap driver, and the potential is high with improved driver.

I don't mention reviewer b/c he doesn't like being mentioned. You can youtube the Ergo Review.

I only bring this up b/c its fairly cheap, and i have these mod bug, but it looks so gawdamn ridiculous. Like LMAO

giphy.gif

I am shopping an endgame to get out of this madness, but the mod ideas are limitless lmao

@mbwilson111 has these, if you want her take on them.

I don’t know anyone else with them, because of their hideous design. Which is unfortunate, because I’m sure they sound great.

I can say if I ever saw someone actually wearing them in public, I would definitely laugh in their face before apologizing and asking if they’d mind letting me take a listen LOL

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #260 of 521
@mbwilson111 has these, if you want her take on them.

I don’t know anyone else with them, because of their hideous design. Which is unfortunate, because I’m sure they sound great.

I can say if I ever saw someone actually wearing them in public, I would definitely laugh in their face before apologizing and asking if they’d mind letting me take a listen LOL

Imagine like a Sigma'esque mod of the Ergo for ultimate musicality with stax driver

Feb 9, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #262 of 521
I have all my headphones 'on display' in some fashion, either hanging on pegs above the window by my desk/media center, or actually on a stand in front of me. Mostly for convenience, but also because I like looking at them......this is the one headphone I would be putting safely back into its case ...in a drawer...in another room...with the lights out....

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #263 of 521
When I listened to the Ergo ii I enjoyed them and they reminded me of the HD650

That is interesting, but

the dude says T1 is no match for ergo corrected (i'm guess EQ with APO) or something along those line.

The mind can not help but wonder what would happen with some mods. The thing is like $150 QUID. LoL
A part of me wants to just get a TOTL type and move on, and the other wants to make a frankenstein, but my brains reminds itself of all the failed ugly mods, horrible sq mods etc etc.

giphy.gif

i don't wanna do anything tooooo freaky man...[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Attachments

• whaaa.jpg
    whaaa.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #264 of 521
Here's the finished (for now) Grado project. I bought a set of like new SR80e out of the classifieds, aftermarket L cush pads off Amazon, I had a local leather shop make me a headband, I got a set of SR 325e cups from another member here on headfi (shout out to @fleasbaby ), I made some black grills out of wire mesh from a dollar store pencil cup and added some magnets to the backs of the drivers.
51697035_10215643505734897_6342902612920107008_o.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #265 of 521
Here's the finished (for now) Grado project. I bought a set of like new SR80e out of the classifieds, aftermarket L cush pads off Amazon, I had a local leather shop make me a headband, I got a set of cups from another member here on headfi (shout out to @fleasbaby ), I made some black grills out of wire mesh from a dollar store pencil cup and added some magnets to the backs of the drivers.

Dang those look so good. They make me want to buy a Grado just so I can mod it!

So are the new cups metal, or wood, or just painted? Hard to tell from the photo.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #266 of 521
Dang those look so good. They make me want to buy a Grado just so I can mod it!

So are the new cups metal, or wood, or just painted? Hard to tell from the photo.
Thanks man. They are a fun headphone to mod. They are the powder coated aluminum cups from a 325e. I de-buttoned them and put black grills in.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #267 of 521
I sketched out my headband mod for my SHP 9500s. You have a little bit of play on the overall length, 9 and 1/2 inches would work fine. The width you have some leeway, I kept it pretty close to the stock headband. The distance from the edge of the headband to the center of the pilot holes will affect how tight the headband is, so you need to keep it pretty close to the dimensions listed. The diameter of the holes can be almost exactly as big as the dimensions of the posts because the plastic clips that hold it in place cover the hoIes and hold the leather in place. I took the dimensions listed above to my local leather shop and had them cut me a scrap to fit and punch some holes in the strap for me. I had them cut too small and I had to bore them out a little bit so they are a little more ragged than I would like. Realistically, you could just take a piece of leather and cut it to the dimensions and punch the holes yourself.

\51765516_10215655942405806_7836777240166662144_o.jpg
51564368_10215656022087798_3014143091247415296_o.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #268 of 521
IMG_20190118_222203_169.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #269 of 521
I did a couple of simple mods to my Monoprice Monolith M565. I got some velcro peel and stick patches at the Dollar Store and made the pads a little more user friendly. The velcro sticks just ok to the backing when the pads are unmodded, but adding the patches made them much more secure. I also added some foam backer rod to increase the depth of the cups:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back