The M50 has been dethroned by......Sony
Sep 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #61 of 67
I think MR.tdockweiler got a counterfeit. 
darthsmile.gif

ZX700 are awesome....

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #62 of 67

Quote:
What are the two distinct audiences you see for these cans?

What headphones is it 'fair' to compare?

Is it 'unfair' to compare a Grado with a Sennheiser?

Can you compare an open with a closed, how about a red pair with a black pair?

Look Tyll at innerfedelity compared them :

In the end, I moderately preferred the Sony MDR-ZX700 to the other two cans. The M50 was close, but it's also somewhat more expensive. Bass lovers should probably go with one of the other cans, but I think the better balance of the ZX700 would win over most folks in the long run .

Was he wasting his time?

It's not unfair to compare them, but the point is that when headphones have a drastically different sound signature, you can't claim one to be simply "better" because before any technical superiority comes into play, a listener will pick one based on which sound signature they prefer.  If someone thinks the HD800 is too bright and doesn't have enough bass, all their technical wonders will likely be meaningless and they might very well prefer the M50.  I know I do, in my brief experience of the HD800. 

That being said, I haven't heard them....  I do like my mids

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #63 of 67

Quote:
I think MR.tdockweiler got a counterfeit. 
darthsmile.gif

ZX700 are awesome....

Got it directly from Amazon.com and it wasn't from a marketplace seller.
You do understand that no matter how good a headphone YOU might think is, there will always be lots of people that don't like it. Doesn't mean it's a bad headphone. Not everyone likes the same sound signature..

I did prefer it over the Kicker HP541, but not the Creative Aurvana Live. I'd even take the MDR-7506 over it I think. Felt like a downgrade from that headphone.

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #64 of 67
I am just a beginner and I was kidding but this thread was certainly interesting. Peace V

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #65 of 67

Quote:

Got it directly from Amazon.com and it wasn't from a marketplace seller.
You do understand that no matter how good a headphone YOU might think is, there will always be lots of people that don't like it. Doesn't mean it's a bad headphone. Not everyone likes the same sound signature..

I did prefer it over the Kicker HP541, but not the Creative Aurvana Live. I'd even take the MDR-7506 over it I think. Felt like a downgrade from that headphone.

I was wrong. ZX 700 was my first headphone not counting the XB-300 I had before that. I have since got the MDR-V6 for half the price and also the Brainwavz M2. I do feel something is not right with the ZX 700 but I cannot put my finger on it.

I mean I cannot explain it to you in technical terms but at this point I prefer the V6 over ZX-700.

My humble apologies... 
normal_smile .gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #66 of 67

Quote:
I'd even take the MDR-7506 over it I think. Felt like a downgrade from that headphone.  

Quote:

I mean I cannot explain it to you in technical terms but at this point I prefer the V6 over ZX-700.

I also prefer the V6 and 7506 over the ZX-700.

In fact, the ZX-700 (purchased from samash.com) have been relegated to the back of my bedroom closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back