The List: Balanced amps under $1,000 (aka Amps NOT to buy)
Jan 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #53 of 87
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #54 of 87
So the amps listed in the original post aren't "truly" balanced?  

blink.gif

The NFB-10 isn't "truly" balanced?  

OP - good call on starting this thread.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #56 of 87
Hello, I can add to the list my current amp Audio-gd Roc Sa (but I think this is now discontinued) and the Cec hd53n.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/ROCSA/ROCSAEN.htm

My experience with this amp is very good. My source is a real balanced one (yamaha cd-s2000) as well.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #57 of 87
Hey, I just wanted to thank everyone for the contributions to this thread. There is some very interesting stuff coming up that I wasn't aware of. This is exactly why I wanted to start this thread, and it is great to see it finally coming together after a rough start!

Best,
Adam

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #58 of 87

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And for those that do not know me ,I actually use one of the above amps.Pictures tell a thousand words.

I am surprised that you use MK VII to drive K1000. Is it powerful enough to K1000? 

More than enough.

more importantly how does it compare with other amps for K1K? is there a review on it driving the K1000? you can preamp it with the little dot IV tubes, might be a nice combo.

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #59 of 87

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And for those that do not know me ,I actually use one of the above amps.Pictures tell a thousand words.

I am surprised that you use MK VII to drive K1000. Is it powerful enough to K1000? 

More than enough.

I think this specification comes from English site of LD. Actually LD has other Chinese forum. The specification of MK VII in that forum is different. Its output at 120ohm is only 0.5W. I asked the boss of LD why. He said they were keeping fine tuning their products, so the specifications also keep update. The data on their Chinese forum is the most updated. I think the new version may have problem to drive K1000.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #60 of 87
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
 I think this specification comes from English site of LD. Actually LD has other Chinese forum. The specification of MK VII in that forum is different. Its output at 120ohm is only 0.5W. I asked the boss of LD why. He said they were keeping fine tuning their products, so the specifications also keep update. The data on their Chinese forum is the most updated. I think the new version may have problem to drive K1000.

I believe ford has the MKVII.  After the MKVII the MKVII+ came out and the MKVII was discontinued.  IIRC, the MKVII+ has less power.  I own the MKVII and can attest that it is a powerful amp.  It has high and low gain- high is to be used with the K1000 and low for everything else.  I have never used the high gain (don't have K1K) and on low gain it has crazy power in balanced or SE mode.

I have used it in various configurations with excellent results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back