The Latest Must Have: The Fiio E10 USB DAC/Amp
Oct 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #33 of 69

Quote:
thanks for replies :)

looks like i'll be getting the E10 "soon" (is there a release date ?)

Within the next 5~10 days, I believe. China is currently in their national holiday week so businesses are closed at the moment. We should start to see the first batch being shipped out by mid next week, I think.

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #36 of 69

Quote:
Can you compare this to Yulong U100, iBassa D2+Boa and NFB-12? Is the Fiio a winner in the <$200 dac/amp category? Btw, can the e10 be used as a pre-amp?

I have neither of them. The only iBasso amp+DAC I have now is the D-zero. The only thing I find to be better on the D-zero is soundstage, other than that, E10 is pretty much the better sounding of the two. Of course, D-zero is really meant for portable use and not quite a direct competitor to the desktop only E10.

No, E10 isn't designed to be used as pre-amp.

Quote:
So where do we order from?

No idea, the usual FiiO dealers I guess? I know MP4 Nation already started a pre-order, but you can always contact your local FiiO dealer and ask them if they will stock it or not.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #38 of 69
hi everybody, im planning on buying some akg k702 headphones, i already have a sony mdr-v6 headphones. I'm starting recording on a mac with a m audio interface and i also like listening to music and would like to buy a portable amp or maybe normal amp which do you recommend? my budget is no more then 150 bucks

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #40 of 69
Hello MrAdrian

I have the HD580/E9/E7 combination and can vouch for the fact that it brings my Senns to life. The power from the E9 is, I believe, the major reason. I also use an HRT Music Steamer II as an alternative to the E7 as a DAC and this is even better still which vouches for the E9 as an amp. The HD580, despite the fact that it is well over 20 years old is a superb headphone and driven by the E9 it just shines.

I'm interested in seeing what the E17 does when it appears next year.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #41 of 69
Great news! Can't wait :wink:

Might be another week till I order the E9 then.

Quote:
Hello MrAdrian
I have the HD580/E9/E7 combination and can vouch for the fact that it brings my Senns to life. The power from the E9 is, I believe, the major reason. I also use an HRT Music Steamer II as an alternative to the E7 as a DAC and this is even better still which vouches for the E9 as an amp. The HD580, despite the fact that it is well over 20 years old is a superb headphone and driven by the E9 it just shines.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #42 of 69

Quote:
I purchased from MP4Nation on Sept. 25th, I wonder if I'm in the first batch or not? Anyone know?

depends, how is your product marked: either preorder or preorder2. mine is preorder so i hope i am in 1st batch. anyway i've opened a ticket regarding est shipping date and now i am waiting for respond.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #43 of 69

Quote:
Hello MrAdrian

That probably makes a big difference.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #45 of 69
My E7 just died, and I was looking to get it repaired, but after reading that review, I think I'll just buy an E10 instead.

It should pair nicely with the HE-300s I'm planning to buy before the year's end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back