"The Lab"
Aug 3, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #20,102 of 20,136
Yo indieman, long time no see! I hadn't been on HF since 2015/am checking in 😅 So I feel ya, haha. Hope everyone is doing well!

I have just recently been reading/lurking and liking posts here & there like in the Discovery Thread, some recent ones here, and stuff. Cheers :beerchug:

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #20,103 of 20,136
Yo indieman, long time no see! I hadn't been on HF since 2015/am checking in 😅 So I feel ya, haha. Hope everyone is doing well!

I have just recently been reading/lurking and liking posts here & there like in the Discovery Thread, some recent ones here, and stuff. Cheers :beerchug:
Hey Ap616! :beerchug:Glad you checked in now I don't feel as out of place haha. Any new audio setups? I'm currently using an ifi hipdac with the he400i headphones and blessing 2 dusk iems. I've also branched out into speakers, some jamo s803 bookshelfs. Lot's has changed but even years later I'm still obsessed with audio equipment haha.

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #20,104 of 20,136
Hey Ap616! :beerchug:Glad you checked in now I don't feel as out of place haha. Any new audio setups? I'm currently using an ifi hipdac with the he400i headphones and blessing 2 dusk iems. I've also branched out into speakers, some jamo s803 bookshelfs. Lot's has changed but even years later I'm still obsessed with audio equipment haha.
Awesome dude! Hope you're enjoying that 😎

Well, a lot has happened in over 5 & 1/2 years lol. I stream on Twitch now. Playing mainly SM64 ROM Hacks & also sometimes stuff like indie horror games, puzzle games, RPG Maker games, RPGs, 3D platformers, and some old-ish retro stuff. It's usually pretty chill if anyone ever wants to drop in/lurk or is even interested in that haha.

I also work an IT job now.

I got married 2 years ago.

As for audio stuff... I have some Sony SS-CS5 Bookshelves, a Sony SS-CS8 Center Channel, an SVS PC2000 Subwoofer(which is awesome), and a Sony STR-DH790 Receiver. Big improvement over my Logitech Z2300 2.1 system. Great sound for a more compact 3.1 system(except the massive sub) & not too much money as I got a great deal around Black Friday for each of the Sony items & the sub for a deep discount off eBay 💪

A few years ago now I ordered some iBasso IT01 IEMs that are pretty great with sound & overall quality but comfort-wise hurt my ears after a decent while.
I still have my Zero Audio DuoZA & Carbo Tenores but don't use them much.
I gave away & sold a few more IEMs as gifts, such as the AT ALI-CKR9LTD to my wife.

I still have my Sony MDR-MA900 which I love. I had some Beyerdynamic DT990 pads on them for like ~6 years or so 😳 I recently replaced the pads with some Dekoni DT Series velour pads, which work even better once you stretch the inner diameter a little.

I recently ordered some Reecho SG-03 IEMs & a decently priced YY 16-Core Upgraded Silver-Plated Copper Cable from HifiGo. So waiting on those to arrive still(hopefully soon) and see how those are in sound & comfort :ksc75smile:

Aug 4, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #20,105 of 20,136
Awesome dude! Hope you're enjoying that 😎

Well, a lot has happened in over 5 & 1/2 years lol. I stream on Twitch now. Playing mainly SM64 ROM Hacks & also sometimes stuff like indie horror games, puzzle games, RPG Maker games, RPGs, 3D platformers, and some old-ish retro stuff. It's usually pretty chill if anyone ever wants to drop in/lurk or is even interested in that haha.

I also work an IT job now.

I got married 2 years ago.

As for audio stuff... I have some Sony SS-CS5 Bookshelves, a Sony SS-CS8 Center Channel, an SVS PC2000 Subwoofer(which is awesome), and a Sony STR-DH790 Receiver. Big improvement over my Logitech Z2300 2.1 system. Great sound for a more compact 3.1 system(except the massive sub) & not too much money as I got a great deal around Black Friday for each of the Sony items & the sub for a deep discount off eBay 💪

A few years ago now I ordered some iBasso IT01 IEMs that are pretty great with sound & overall quality but comfort-wise hurt my ears after a decent while.
I still have my Zero Audio DuoZA & Carbo Tenores but don't use them much.
I gave away & sold a few more IEMs as gifts, such as the AT ALI-CKR9LTD to my wife.

I still have my Sony MDR-MA900 which I love. I had some Beyerdynamic DT990 pads on them for like ~6 years or so 😳 I recently replaced the pads with some Dekoni DT Series velour pads, which work even better once you stretch the inner diameter a little.

I recently ordered some Reecho SG-03 IEMs & a decently priced YY 16-Core Upgraded Silver-Plated Copper Cable from HifiGo. So waiting on those to arrive still(hopefully soon) and see how those are in sound & comfort :ksc75smile:
Awesome man! A late congrats on the job and marriage haha! I've considered grabbing some of those sony bookshelfs. They were on sale recently for $75 a pair. Kicking myself I didn't get any! I need to step up my subwoofer game. I'm using a budget sony one but would love to upgrade to an svs. The new micro is super cool!
I'm not super familiar with twitch but I'll try to check your channel out!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #20,106 of 20,136
Awesome man! A late congrats on the job and marriage haha! I've considered grabbing some of those sony bookshelfs. They were on sale recently for $75 a pair. Kicking myself I didn't get any! I need to step up my subwoofer game. I'm using a budget sony one but would love to upgrade to an svs. The new micro is super cool!
I'm not super familiar with twitch but I'll try to check your channel out!
Lol, thanks! 🙏

Yeah, the Sony stuff goes on sale pretty much every Black Friday for that at multiple retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, etc., and also some other times of the year too. The bookshelf SS-CS5's are really great for what they are/at the price of $75 for a pair on sale. The center channel SS-CS8 is decent too at $75 on sale. I've heard the towers SS-CS3 are less impressive/not as good for the money(being more mid bassy/boomy) & you can do much better with a different model or brand. Also, the subwoofer SS-CS8 is supposedly just passable/underwhelming too. The Sony STR-DH790 7.2 receiver used to be $349 & I got it on Black Friday for $199 I think. Right now that receiver is $449 at Sony/Amazon... I got the Sony bookshelves, center, and receiver for only ~$350 BF 2019 apparently.
And then shortly after, I bought my open-box, like-new SVS PC2000 in Piano Black around the time the Pro models were coming out.

Ah, I hadn't seen nor heard of the 3000 series Micro yet from SVS. Seems like a nice quality compact sub. But it looks like it doesn't dig deep enough imo at 23hz. It seems like it'd be powerful, tight, & punchy for most music with dual 8in. drivers and 800W RMS though, but not enough subsonics for some select music & movies 😁

I did a ton of research back when I bought my SVS PC2000 500W RMS Piano Black sub that reaches down to 16hz. It shakes my whole house with stuff like this at the 20hz tone part with bass tuned to 1 o'clock. It can't quite replicate the 15hz part. And obviously not the 10hz part because it's not a stupid high-end exorbitantly priced sub haha... XD (Warning: Start lower & don't break your speakers/headphones/IEMs from too much volume with this lol)

And songs like this from Virtual Riot & Panda Eyes have great deep bass :)

If you want a good subwoofer the recommended & great models are from BIC Acoustech, Monoprice Monolith, SVS, Outlaw, HSU Research, Rythmik, and PSA(Power Sound Audio). I'm most impressed with Rythmik & BIC I think. Rythmik for crazy stuff like this: https://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV18.html
And I think probably the best value subwoofer out there right now that I've seen for movies & music is probably the BIC Acoustech PL300, which wasn't out yet when I bought my sub in late 2019 👌 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S5MRMN...abc_5R1R34RHRQF42TXTWVXY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And thanks, much appreciated. Not everyone is into gaming or knows much about Twitch I understand, but it's fun :) Especially all the SM64 ROM Hacks I've played! 😄

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #20,107 of 20,136
I have my Reecho SG-03 now and have gotten to listen to them for a handful of days on & off now! Let's go!

All in all really good stuff for $69 if the signature suits your tastes & listening preferences. They have a W-type profile/sound signature as others have stated before. The included case is a nice little welcome & I like their brand printed on it, even if it is a little too small & made with a scratchy material. The shells & fit are very nice with solid isolation. I didn't like the thin stock cable that was kinda tangle prone & had stiffened coating wire ear guides. And the tips provided were fairly minimal, which is fine by me cause I prefer other tips almost always. I was using the SG-03 with JVC Spiral Dots(OG) but they are a bit too bright/more metallic up top that way with such a short+wide bore tip that brings out more upper mids/treble presence. I bought some FAudio white "Instrument" premium tips(learned about from the Tweaking Tips post on audioreviews.org). They aren't as soft, squishy, or comfy as the Spiral Dots, but they pair extremely well with the SG-03 sound wise imo. So I recommend them. I got them here from MTMTAudio: https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...-silicon-3-pairs-white?variant=32465676075068 They are a regular/medium length bore and a medium bore in width.

The upper mids/lower treble on these are just a bit strong for my ears without a good tip match. And the lower mids are a tiny bit too scooped. Sub-bass focused low-end is superb, mid-bass & upper bass are pretty good, and upper-treble is pretty great as well! Oh, and mid-mids are fine, if not a little thin. The tonality is a bit colder at times for mids & upward, a crisp set of IEMs. But the meaty bass range brings some warmth & rumble too. Timbre isn't super natural sounding for a dynamic driver, when compared to something like Zero Audio or Sony's more organic timbre imo. It's almost a little bit sharper like a BA kinda? I much prefer DD's in general. Details/resolution seem really good for the price. Micro details are there/present quite a bit too. Soundstage is moderately good for an IEM at sub 100 USD, wider than tall or deep but not the widest I've heard(Also, am used to my $300 Sony MDR-MA900 headphone's soundstage tho). Separation & layering are really nice for the price, more capable than the soundstage I think. Pretty fast/quick sound overall with great technicalities at the price. I think these are a great value for under $100, let alone $69, and maybe even a decent value for under $150. I really love them overall 💚

I have been driving them just with my LG G7 ThinQ & its built-in Quad DAC. I use it fairly loud to me around 30-37/75 volume. I also like them very slightly EQ'd in Poweramp Music Player for Android. I added 1 bump or 1.5db at 500hz & 1khz. Then -1.5db at 2khz, 4khz, & 8khz. These slight tweaks smooth them out just a hair and make them a little more balanced/tolerable/less fatiguing tonally for me for longer listening sessions while not ruining their signature or any technicalities they have. The IEMs have a sensitivity of 106 db @ 16 Ohms, so it's easy to drive thankfully too! And their listed requency response range is 20Hz- 40kHz.

I listen mainly to a wide variety of EDM songs I have found over the years. But I also like Alternative, Rock, Classical, Folk, Lofi, Video Game OSTs. Pretty much anything except Country, and I guess not really Jazz. These have a good crunch/bite for EDM that is enveloping & great quality sub-bass that has authority when it's there in the original mix. They are good for Alternative, Rock, Classical, and OSTs as well as far as I could tell. I don't know if they'd be good for Metal or fast music with super complex sections or not though. Might need something more technical/even higher-end for that & to reproduce it very well.

I am using this YY 16-Core Upgraded Silver-Plated Copper Cable, which is nice :) https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40001..._allProduct.allProducts_6010282.4000186974626
I ordered it for $29 from HiFiGo, which was supposed to be this:
But they sent me that other colored one pictured in the Ali link not anywhere on their site :/ And they couldn't fix their error cause they didn't have/guarantee the color from the manufacturer that was pictured I ordered... So they offered me a coupon for next order. And am just using the cable that works fine/great, but not fully what I wanted looks wise.

This has been my 1st new set of IEMs since I bought the iBasso IT01(~$80-100) back in Sept. 2018. I also still own a pair of Zero Audio Carbo Tenore(~$35-55) and Zero Audio DuoZA(~$90-110) back from 2013-2015. And these are just as good if not better? than those IEMs. These even hold their own against the Yamaha EPH-100 I think. And even surpass the Havi B3 Pro 1(I hate their fit & signature) & JVC HA-FXD80(too scooped, cold, and bright & painfully large nozzle imo). I like this signature better than any of those 3. Plus the SG-03 are more comfortable for a longer period of time to wear than the IT01(with a better housing & nozzle), even with less comfy tips on them. And no driver flex comparatively. I have squishy, white wide bore TTPOD T1E tips on the iBasso IT01. They are the comfiest, best sealing wide bore tips ever imo even if the IT01 housing is a little bothersome after a while. They're slightly better than the Spiral Dots to me. However, they don't fit the nozzle or synergize well with the Reecho SG-03 like the FAudio white "Instrument" premium tips do.

Posted this in the Reecho thread too. Well, hope this was a fun & somewhat informative read 🙂 And as always, stay classy Head-Fi 😎👌

Attachments

• FAudio Instrument Tips.png
    FAudio Instrument Tips.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0815210039a_HDR.jpg
    0815210039a_HDR.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #20,110 of 20,136
I have my Reecho SG-03 now and have gotten to listen to them for a handful of days on & off now! Let's go!

All in all really good stuff for $69 if the signature suits your tastes & listening preferences. They have a W-type profile/sound signature as others have stated before. The included case is a nice little welcome & I like their brand printed on it, even if it is a little too small & made with a scratchy material. The shells & fit are very nice with solid isolation. I didn't like the thin stock cable that was kinda tangle prone & had stiffened coating wire ear guides. And the tips provided were fairly minimal, which is fine by me cause I prefer other tips almost always. I was using the SG-03 with JVC Spiral Dots(OG) but they are a bit too bright/more metallic up top that way with such a short+wide bore tip that brings out more upper mids/treble presence. I bought some FAudio white "Instrument" premium tips(learned about from the Tweaking Tips post on audioreviews.org). They aren't as soft, squishy, or comfy as the Spiral Dots, but they pair extremely well with the SG-03 sound wise imo. So I recommend them. I got them here from MTMTAudio: https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...-silicon-3-pairs-white?variant=32465676075068 They are a regular/medium length bore and a medium bore in width.

The upper mids/lower treble on these are just a bit strong for my ears without a good tip match. And the lower mids are a tiny bit too scooped. Sub-bass focused low-end is superb, mid-bass & upper bass are pretty good, and upper-treble is pretty great as well! Oh, and mid-mids are fine, if not a little thin. The tonality is a bit colder at times for mids & upward, a crisp set of IEMs. But the meaty bass range brings some warmth & rumble too. Timbre isn't super natural sounding for a dynamic driver, when compared to something like Zero Audio or Sony's more organic timbre imo. It's almost a little bit sharper like a BA kinda? I much prefer DD's in general. Details/resolution seem really good for the price. Micro details are there/present quite a bit too. Soundstage is moderately good for an IEM at sub 100 USD, wider than tall or deep but not the widest I've heard(Also, am used to my $300 Sony MDR-MA900 headphone's soundstage tho). Separation & layering are really nice for the price, more capable than the soundstage I think. Pretty fast/quick sound overall with great technicalities at the price. I think these are a great value for under $100, let alone $69, and maybe even a decent value for under $150. I really love them overall 💚

I have been driving them just with my LG G7 ThinQ & its built-in Quad DAC. I use it fairly loud to me around 30-37/75 volume. I also like them very slightly EQ'd in Poweramp Music Player for Android. I added 1 bump or 1.5db at 500hz & 1khz. Then -1.5db at 2khz, 4khz, & 8khz. These slight tweaks smooth them out just a hair and make them a little more balanced/tolerable/less fatiguing tonally for me for longer listening sessions while not ruining their signature or any technicalities they have. The IEMs have a sensitivity of 106 db @ 16 Ohms, so it's easy to drive thankfully too! And their listed requency response range is 20Hz- 40kHz.

I listen mainly to a wide variety of EDM songs I have found over the years. But I also like Alternative, Rock, Classical, Folk, Lofi, Video Game OSTs. Pretty much anything except Country, and I guess not really Jazz. These have a good crunch/bite for EDM that is enveloping & great quality sub-bass that has authority when it's there in the original mix. They are good for Alternative, Rock, Classical, and OSTs as well as far as I could tell. I don't know if they'd be good for Metal or fast music with super complex sections or not though. Might need something more technical/even higher-end for that & to reproduce it very well.

I am using this YY 16-Core Upgraded Silver-Plated Copper Cable, which is nice :) https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40001..._allProduct.allProducts_6010282.4000186974626
I ordered it for $29 from HiFiGo, which was supposed to be this:
But they sent me that other colored one pictured in the Ali link not anywhere on their site :/ And they couldn't fix their error cause they didn't have/guarantee the color from the manufacturer that was pictured I ordered... So they offered me a coupon for next order. And am just using the cable that works fine/great, but not fully what I wanted looks wise.

This has been my 1st new set of IEMs since I bought the iBasso IT01(~$80-100) back in Sept. 2018. I also still own a pair of Zero Audio Carbo Tenore(~$35-55) and Zero Audio DuoZA(~$90-110) back from 2013-2015. And these are just as good if not better? than those IEMs. These even hold their own against the Yamaha EPH-100 I think. And even surpass the Havi B3 Pro 1(I hate their fit & signature) & JVC HA-FXD80(too scooped, cold, and bright & painfully large nozzle imo). I like this signature better than any of those 3. Plus the SG-03 are more comfortable for a longer period of time to wear than the IT01(with a better housing & nozzle), even with less comfy tips on them. And no driver flex comparatively. I have squishy, white wide bore TTPOD T1E tips on the iBasso IT01. They are the comfiest, best sealing wide bore tips ever imo even if the IT01 housing is a little bothersome after a while. They're slightly better than the Spiral Dots to me. However, they don't fit the nozzle or synergize well with the Reecho SG-03 like the FAudio white "Instrument" premium tips do.

Posted this in the Reecho thread too. Well, hope this was a fun & somewhat informative read 🙂 And as always, stay classy Head-Fi 😎👌
In deed that is a good cable (albeit mine from a different seller logo/KB Ear) for the money, I run one on both my TA Legacy 3's and Terminator's "Ya, I'll be back" :grin:

Hi Res Ensemble.jpg

Sexy N They Know It.JPG

Attachments

• Pair-O-3’s.JPG
    Pair-O-3’s.JPG
    825.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back