"The Lab"
Jun 21, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #20,086 of 20,136
Indeed the Colorful Peacock is correct :thumbsup: I love the Shanling House sounds (Obviously since the boy has 4 Shanling's, had 5 but gave my BFF my M5), then I found the Tomahawk to not color my M2 and it was on like Donkey Kong:grin:

Probably not my best DAP and probably not my best AMP but for sure 110% my best combo:wink:

Nice, but I have to admit I was a wee bit confused. I saw Shanling M2 and thought "I have one of those, maybe I need a tomahawk too". I actually have the M2s.
Ampage, I'm doing fine, really. My e12a is still chugging along nicely, but sadly the nx1 has shuffled off this mortal coil. I was thinking about getting a hipdac, but only if I could get one of those cursed cables for my A17 without getting totally gouged (damn you Sony and your proprietary WMport)

Hows them Titan6s treating you? Bout the only interest I still cling to regarding iems an epic single DD. Ideally Etymotic would do a flagship version of the 2XR/SR (I really do like the tuning on mine), but I'm not holding my breath

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #20,087 of 20,136
Indeed the Colorful Peacock is correct :thumbsup: I love the Shanling House sounds (Obviously since the boy has 4 Shanling's, had 5 but gave my BFF my M5), then I found the Tomahawk to not color my M2 and it was on like Donkey Kong:grin:

Chi-Fi Doodle Doo.JPG
Titans.JPG

Probably not my best DAP and probably not my best AMP but for sure 110% my best combo:wink:

Oh H1 ShanHawk.JPG
So @Podster, what’s your next audio purchase going to be? I think you need more IEMs 😉

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #20,088 of 20,136
So @Podster, what’s your next audio purchase going to be? I think you need more IEMs 😉

You so funny, my next for your information is in the mail :wink: Have the IKKO OH10's along with FiiO FH3's coming, "Jane, stop this crazy thing":rolling_eyes:

@Mr Trev , The titan's are very sweet and well rounded. Better than I thought they would be but I always trust @peter123 's judgement and ear and have been pleasantly surprised with them. Of course to this day @Lurk650 's loss my gain and still favorite single DD is my Advanced M5-1D's. Best single I've ever heard period and according to Old Slow here Pod seems to have a few in the comparison category:smirk:

AWESOME Single Right Here:

No Fakes!.JPG

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #20,091 of 20,136
It’s quiet because @Podster is trying out the Ikkos and FH3s. Meanwhile, I’m enjoying these
image.jpg

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #20,092 of 20,136
Jun 27, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #20,095 of 20,136
Jun 27, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #20,096 of 20,136
@twister6 has the best countertops😉

I call it a "watermark" in all of my pictures over the last 7+ years of reviewing. And that "watermark" idea started back in the days of Xiaomi Piston v2. Remember those? They were about $25 on eBay for real ones and $20 for fakes. Apparently, some of the sellers of fake Pistons were using my review pictures, and I had a number of people ping me about it, "thanking" for a granite countertop background that was unmistakably from my review, thus letting them know it is a fake set. The rest is history...

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #20,097 of 20,136
@twister6 has the best countertops😉

Yeah, he's made me want to go and buy myself a nice granite slab to take my pictures on for a long time! I mean black is so boring :rolling_eyes:

Dayton B652.JPG

As is white:smirk: Unless it's inside a sweet light box:thinking:

Fat Stack Gold.JPG

Of course I've really grown fond of the outdoor picks and lighting is superb:grin:

Copper Clad Starz.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back