"The Lab"
Jan 3, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #19,326 of 20,136
Is this the Max or the Mini?
I got the bigger version, 4gb of ram and 64 gb storage.

I don't think this is an upgrade to the v10 in terms of software, but definitely in terms of speed and price to performance.

The AK chip is more musical than the ES chip of the V10. I'm terms of dialing it in and technical ability, I give a slight edge to the V10. Still, this Axon 7 is no slouch.

The V10 has better software design. The processing power of the Axon 7 is dope. It's a blank canvas that is very cusyomizable. The stock Axon 7 keyboard is excellent as well.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #19,327 of 20,136

I don't think this is an upgrade to the v10 in terms of software, but definitely in terms of speed and price to performance.

The AK chip is more musical than the ES chip of the V10. I'm terms of dialing it in and technical ability, I give a slight edge to the V10. Still, this Axon 7 is no slouch.

The V10 has better software design. The processing power of the Axon 7 is dope. It's a blank canvas that is very cusyomizable. The stock Axon 7 keyboard is excellent as well.

Did Lg ever offer you the new V20 instead? I hear there close in sound just a few other upgrades.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #19,329 of 20,136

Yup :L3000:

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #19,330 of 20,136
Speaking of old things, these arrived today
wink.gif

Seems to be in great shape considering their age and sound is very addictive.....

Nice!
Why the Beyer pads though?

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #19,331 of 20,136
Nice!

Why the Beyer pads though?

Thanks!

1. Comfort on the original pads were not good for me.
2. They look much better.
3. Sound is identical to stock AFAIK.
4. I had them lying around :wink:

These does certainly give me thoughts about how much (or rather little) full sized headphones has developed the last decades.....

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #19,333 of 20,136
True dat-in speakers all these wide diaphragm units, stats like Martin Logan, or planar magnetics, like Magnepan, were loosely called planars, if I remember correctly, but I guess in headphones the Stax still are referred to as electrostatic only, not planars, or so it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back