"The Lab"
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #16,399 of 20,136
Curious about what you don't like about Mojo compared to your other gear. So often I read that something is better but no one specifies what the specifics are, or even their preferences. Not trying to convince anyone of anything, just looking for more frame of reference.

I will try to put it into words over the next few days when I get a chance - bedtime here and early rise in the morning!
confused.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #16,400 of 20,136
Guys, the Aria Universal:

Finally ...!!! I've been waiting for these for a while now.

My expectations are very high at this point. I really hope they are up to snuff 
biggrin.gif

Also, you mentioned a US Tour. Luke, please include Canada, man, c'mon.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #16,401 of 20,136
You guys will find out soon enough. A tour of the universal will be taking place soon. I don't know if I've ever been so excited about an In-Ear

:grinning: HiFi being a tad leary of all b/a as the driver configuration, how's the bass quality and extension?

I have a pricing request in on the Aria's website for the universals. By all rights they should be somewhat less., than the custom made I would think.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #16,402 of 20,136
:grinning: HiFi being a tad leary of all b/a as the driver configuration, how's the bass quality and extension?

I have a pricing request in on the Aria's website for the universals. By all rights they should be somewhat less., than the custom made I would think.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN
In all honesty they are priced less if you think about it. What Luke is doing is saying you will get the same four driver design and tuning, and it's up to the consumer to decide whether or not they want to go out and pay to get impressions of their ears done and wait for them to be scanned, printed, then assembled.

Universals have resale value so you always have to consider this, while a custom IEM is a lifetime commitment (barring a reshell).

Both have their pluses and minuses.

As for the bass it is slightly North of neutral with great dynamics. It extends as low as you can hear. It isn't the stereotypical armature bass, promise.

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #16,406 of 20,136

Aww man 
frown.gif

deadhorse.gif

Aww, c'mon Edison. You can actually walk into shops with TOTL CIEM demos, can't you? Not many of us in the West can do that. Best I can do is try out some AKG, Beyer, and Senn cans at my local hifi shop. These tours are our only salvation!

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #16,407 of 20,136

Aww, c'mon Edison. You can actually walk into shops with TOTL CIEM demos, can't you? Not many of us in the West can do that. Best I can do is try out some AKG, Beyer, and Senn cans at my local hifi shop. These tours are our only salvation!

Well you aren't wrong about that... 
redface.gif

redface.gif

redface.gif

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #16,408 of 20,136
Feb 12, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #16,409 of 20,136
In all honesty they are priced less if you think about it. What Luke is doing is saying you will get the same four driver design and tuning, and it's up to the consumer to decide whether or not they want to go out and pay to get impressions of their ears done and wait for them to be scanned, printed, then assembled.

Universals have resale value so you always have to consider this, while a custom IEM is a lifetime commitment (barring a reshell).

Both have their pluses and minuses.

As for the bass it is slightly North of neutral with great dynamics. It extends as low as you can hear. It isn't the stereotypical armature bass, promise.

cool.gif
That is true, good point. The Bass sounds exactly right where it should be, slightly north of Neutral. It doesn't sound like a Basshead phone.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #16,410 of 20,136
One thing I like doing recently (and occasionally) is playing extremely cheesy pop music through my Tralucent 1Plus2 at moderately high volumes. For example, Carly Rae Jepsen - Boy Problems. Then I just keep pressing the back button as the song finishes and repeat it about 15 times. And you know what? It sounds fing amazing, like a $10k car system. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back