"The Lab"
Aug 18, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #11,401 of 20,136
Labsters....these JVC FXH30s are a juicy buy. Such a clean sounding iem. The detail and clarity are top notch. As much as I love the Titan 1 they've received next to no eartime since these JVCs arrived. Now, I know most of you guys have much more impressive gear, but for a humble cheapo like myself they are pretty damn impressive for the money.

That makes 2 of us haha.. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #11,402 of 20,136
I happened to refresh the page when your post came in haha.. I would say the M50x definitely fits that category but unfortunately I haven't heard the Sony so can't comment on the sound of that.

AT tends to have a sort of sound that is great for female vocalists while Sony has BOOM bass from my experience.

That said both those cans are pretty different in terms of other specs, the Sony is a BT model and is built to be used with phones and for mobility. The M50x is sometimes used as a studio monitor so the size is clunkier. Also, assuming you're gonna be running them out of your phone, you might find the Sony easier to drive as it comes with it's own built in amplifier. The downside of course is that you'll need to charge it every 20 hours or so. The M50X will scale better in case you decide to get better audio equipment in future. 

The best way though, is to go listen to both of them at your local audio store and see which one speaks to you more. A set of cans may have all the features you ever want but if you don't like the sound then it's pretty pointless. When trying, wear them for at least 15min to see if they end up crushing your head lol. The M50x is pretty comfy for me but not sure if the Sony will end up having too much squeezing force.
will try both of them
thanks

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #11,405 of 20,136
Aw, man. I have to go in and have my gum surgery redone tomorrow morning :frowning2:

At least the Perio isn't charging me for the second go-around!

No more solid food for a few weeks...

Man that sucks. Good luck!

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #11,406 of 20,136
Aw, man. I have to go in and have my gum surgery redone tomorrow morning
frown.gif

At least the Perio isn't charging me for the second go-around!

No more solid food for a few weeks...

oh no :frowning2:  hope it goes smoothly man 

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #11,408 of 20,136
Man, I've been on a few liquid diets in my time. You'll get through it but I won't lie, it's a bit rough. Hang in there buddy.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #11,409 of 20,136
Man, I'm having similar eargasim to what twister6 was going through earlier. Listening to the DAC-19 it does reverberation and distortion soooooo well. It sounds so REAL. Man if you guys haven't heard a good R2R DAC implementation (vs Sigma Delta) I suggest you RUN, don't walk, to the nearest meet or high end audio store, or find a Head-fi'er in your area with one to audition.

Put on some good 'ol Canadian Tragically Hip tonight and boy it sounded good.

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy-KGZzJTrI[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoXM95WyJjM[/VIDEO]

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #11,410 of 20,136
Also ran across this again. I'm not sure if I posted it a while ago in here or not but its worth another post.

Too cool.

[VIDEO]https://vimeo.com/111593305[/VIDEO]

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #11,411 of 20,136
Runabout just arrived - can finally go back to listening to the Duke again :)

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #11,412 of 20,136
Aug 19, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #11,413 of 20,136
Man, I'm having similar eargasim to what @twister6 was going through earlier. Listening to the DAC-19 it does reverberation and distortion soooooo well. It sounds so REAL. Man if you guys haven't heard a good R2R DAC implementation (vs Sigma Delta) I suggest you RUN, don't walk, to the nearest meet or high end audio store, or find a Head-fi'er in your area with one to audition.

Put on some good 'ol Canadian Tragically Hip tonight and boy it sounded good.

In all fairness, my eargasm was partially due to a new toy syndrome of the first CIEM and a tight insertion into my ear (no pun intended
biggrin.gif
).  In all seriousness, that 6-driver P650 can give Westone ES60 run for it's money at exactly half the price with a slightly better sound tuning.  Color me impressed!!!

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #11,414 of 20,136
Have you already written a review about it or is it still coming?

ps. I had my Rooth LS-X5 reshelled by Inearz. They did a great job, very good fit. Just took a little bit long (6-7 weeks), but that's similar to large companies as UM and Heir I guess.

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #11,415 of 20,136

Pictures, Paul?
wink.gif

Tomorrow if that's OK.  Late here, and to do it justice I really need to get the light box out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back