"The Lab"
Aug 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #11,389 of 20,136
  My Havi B3 Pro 1 just died (right side)  A moment of silence as it fell in the line of duty, having served me well since i began this hobby :frowning2:

Sorry to hear that Tamal!

I've been addicted to - and listening pretty much exlusively to - the Zens lately (maybe you've heard of them lol?), but in memory of your B3's, I just cracked open a wobbly pop and threw the B3's into my ears. Listening to some Beck, and it's sounding mighty fine...

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #11,390 of 20,136
  My Havi B3 Pro 1 just died (right side)  A moment of silence as it fell in the line of duty, having served me well since i began this hobby :frowning2:

Do you want mine Tamal?  They never get used .....

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #11,391 of 20,136
  That sucks :frowning2: It's always distressing when great iems die out.

Tell me about it man, I really treasured my Havi, just one of those iems I always found myself coming back to, regardless whatever was my muse at the moment!

That suck tamal:disappointed:

Yeah, it was a bit unexpected as the right side cut out suddenly out of the blue :/

Sorry to hear that Tamal!

I've been addicted to - and listening pretty much exlusively to - the Zens lately (maybe you've heard of them lol?), but in memory of your B3's, I just cracked open a wobbly pop and threw the B3's into my ears. Listening to some Beck, and it's sounding mighty fine...

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate that. Yes the Zen gets plenty of time everyday but the Havi was like a palate cleanser for me in many ways, whenever I was used to a particular signature, the Havi kind of helped me get used to another signature much quicker. Really something special this is :)
beerchug.gif

Do you want mine Tamal?  They never get used .....

Wow Paul, that is really generous of you! Will PM you

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #11,392 of 20,136
Aug 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #11,393 of 20,136
Aug 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #11,395 of 20,136
Aug 18, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #11,397 of 20,136
can anyone tell me whats better
ath m50x or sony xb950bt

Better is totally relative, what sort of sound do you like? Bassy, clear, spacious? Or are you asking in terms of build quality?

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #11,399 of 20,136
Labsters....these JVC FXH30s are a juicy buy. Such a clean sounding iem. The detail and clarity are top notch. As much as I love the Titan 1 they've received next to no eartime since these JVCs arrived. Now, I know most of you guys have much more impressive gear, but for a humble cheapo like myself they are pretty damn impressive for the money.

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #11,400 of 20,136
I like clear with bass
and thanks for replying so quickly

I happened to refresh the page when your post came in haha.. I would say the M50x definitely fits that category but unfortunately I haven't heard the Sony so can't comment on the sound of that.

AT tends to have a sort of sound that is great for female vocalists while Sony has BOOM bass from my experience.

That said both those cans are pretty different in terms of other specs, the Sony is a BT model and is built to be used with phones and for mobility. The M50x is sometimes used as a studio monitor so the size is clunkier. Also, assuming you're gonna be running them out of your phone, you might find the Sony easier to drive as it comes with it's own built in amplifier. The downside of course is that you'll need to charge it every 20 hours or so. The M50X will scale better in case you decide to get better audio equipment in future. 

The best way though, is to go listen to both of them at your local audio store and see which one speaks to you more. A set of cans may have all the features you ever want but if you don't like the sound then it's pretty pointless. When trying, wear them for at least 15min to see if they end up crushing your head lol. The M50x is pretty comfy for me but not sure if the Sony will end up having too much squeezing force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back