"The Lab"
Jul 28, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #10,726 of 20,136

I can answer this. Yes!

I have to many. I'm an addict and I need help lol.

I keep telling myself to hold off and get some summit fi stuffs, but then the a73 comes out, then the trinity stuff and so on...

I think in order for me to go summit fi I need to stay off Head-Fi for a while. But that's not gna happen damn...

It's a vicious cycle

I know whut ya mean Vince, just laid out my travel Lab and as I've been told no less than 100 times "Why do you have so many of this and that when you can only listen to one at a time"! I'm not sure if it's a priority or reality check I need but I need something (Those closed back cans Brooko suggested comes to mind)
blink.gif
LOL

Looking at this layout just reminds me if I had patience I would have just saved up and bought myself Kaiser 10's and an AK120II but the journey is half the fun and of course what would portable audio be without all my fine enabling comrades on Head-Fi (that's right you know who you are)
evil_smiley.gif
Don't make me mention names LOL

Looks like your luggage is all packed to go to Labster gateway island
biggrin.gif

Btw, are those Westone Alpha or Beta (adventure series)?   There was a big discussion about Beta being discounted down to $50 now, so I got persuaded into reviewing one (doesn't take much).  People seem to mention it was way overpriced at original $200 but for $50 it's a bargain?

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #10,727 of 20,136

Looks like your luggage is all packed to go to Labster gateway island
biggrin.gif

Btw, are those Westone Alpha or Beta (adventure series)?   There was a big discussion about Beta being discounted down to $50 now, so I got persuaded into reviewing one (doesn't take much).  People seem to mention it was way overpriced at original $200 but for $50 it's a bargain?

Can't say for sure Twist, bought mine from Earphone Solutions a couple years back for $119.00. If they can be had for $50 I say don't wait or hesitate
wink_face.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #10,728 of 20,136
I could go to the bar, meet my local buddies and go home hours later with a hundred dollar bar tab.

Instead, I stay home, spend that hundred on a pair of earphones, and spend hours jamming them and hanging out with guys from all over the world who share the same interest.

I might go deaf but my liver is fine!

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #10,729 of 20,136
I could go to the bar, meet my local buddies and go home hours later with a hundred dollar bar tab.

Instead, I stay home, spend that hundred on a pair of earphones, and spend hours jamming them and hanging out with guys from all over the world who share the same interest.

Yeah Vince , we could be doing a lot worse, diving fast cars and such!
devil_face.gif

btw,  do we really know our livers are fine!
angry_face.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #10,733 of 20,136
I can answer this. Yes!

I have to many. I'm an addict and I need help lol.

I keep telling myself to hold off and get some summit fi stuffs, but then the a73 comes out, then the trinity stuff and so on...

I think in order for me to go summit fi I need to stay off Head-Fi for a while. But that's not gna happen damn...

It's a vicious cycle

That sounds vaguely familiar :wink:

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #10,734 of 20,136
Hey Vince, on lunch listening to the CALYX PaT.  I like it.  I think I actually like it better with my hifiman re400s than with the TTPODs.  I'll need to do some more listening though to make that determination.  Dumb noob question that will probably get me kicked off of this thread if not the website, is it totally unorthodox to run it through my Bravo?  I'm doing that now and I like the sound.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #10,735 of 20,136
Hey Vince, on lunch listening to the CALYX PaT.  I like it.  I think I actually like it better with my hifiman re400s than with the TTPODs.  I'll need to do some more listening though to make that determination.  Dumb noob question that will probably get me kicked off of this thread if not the website, is it totally unorthodox to run it through my Bravo?  I'm doing that now and I like the sound.
Double amping isn't a good thing dude.

Feel the amps and see if they are unusually warm. If so you could be messing up the internals, or so I've been told.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #10,737 of 20,136
let me get a little more listening time in then I'll be glad to post some impressions.  I wish I could listen while I work but alas I cannot.  It would definitely make the day go faster.
Neither amp seemed overly hot, no noticeable heat with the PaT and the Bravo always gets hot but it didn't seem hotter than usual.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #10,738 of 20,136
Would it be possible to drive XC from a portable source or something like N6+C5 or do you need a serious desktop amp for that?

That's the thing about the X and the XC, they were Audeze's first cans to be relatively efficient - my XC is 26 Ohm impedance and 96db/1 kHz efficiency, while the newer ones are 20 Ohm impedance and 100db/1 kHz efficiency.

From a dedicated DAP there is no issues driving the XC. Sure, they scale a bit better with desktop gear, but the X5 / X5ii drive them fine. The key is the speed of the drivers and precision in these cans. The more powerful and fleshed out N6 really does wake them up though compared to the FiiO DAPs.

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #10,740 of 20,136

You do know you can drink while you're on the internet, right 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back