"The Lab"
May 22, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #6,496 of 20,136

Almost 200 posts read!! Your guys are post-a-holics!
biggrin.gif

@Wokei, never laughed so hard at the gas chamber! Great pics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Organizing a Labapalooza for North America would be crazy awesome! Too bad the countries are so large........ Gotta do West, Central, and East.

@nmatheis, liquid diet isn't so bad, you'll get through it. Had to be on one a few time in my life. Hope your back to normal soon!

Labsters at work ! LOL

May 22, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #6,497 of 20,136

It is a really good price still, I have always bought Tannoy Reveal monitors, I have had 3 different pairs. Tannoy has been around for a long time there an English company and priced pretty good. How much do the Kantu's cost?

They were $259 for a pair (normal RRP 450).  I have a great pair of Celestion F10 passive monitors (love them - wonderful sound).  But the new iFi Micro iDSD doesn't have quite enough juice - and I'm looking at setting up a new system around it.  So probably going to sell the Celestions + NFB-12 + LD MKIV, buy a good set of active speakers, and probably something like the iTube and maybe iUSB.

I'd go something like the A5 - but there seems to be a lot of really well regarded active speakers around at the moment, at some pretty good pricing too. So it's just a matter of shopping around.  Wish there was a place I could demo a range of speakers.  Sigh - living in NZ has its drawbacks at times like this ......

May 22, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #6,498 of 20,136
Hi everyone.  Thanks to Wokei for the invite, and he said the rule was to post a pic of my gear.  I probably won't ever do that, but what I will do is introduce for the first time, my new headphone (inside the accompanied box) to this Head-Fi thread.  I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be too difficult to find out which headphone is in the accompanied box:

Take care everyone, and happy listening!

May 22, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #6,500 of 20,136
  @moedawg140    Glad you pop by .....play nice .....what is that headphone ? LOL

Looks expensive fo-sho 

Thanks!  You know that I play nice, my friend. 
ph34r.gif

As for the headphone, I'm pretty sure it will be revealed by a Head-Fi member sooner than later. 
normal_smile .gif

May 22, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #6,501 of 20,136
At a guess - I'd say HE-1000

Are you part of the beta tour Moe?

I was asked to join (direct PM from HiFiMan - didn't post on the thread - quite flattered they would offer actually), but i had to turn it down.  Just bad timing.

What are your thoughts - are you allowed to discuss it outside the group?

May 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #6,502 of 20,136
And my little surprise for the day.

X5ii arrived - along with the E17K (Alpen 2).  So I have a very busy weekend and coming week planned.  Good timing too - supposed to get snow down to sea level on Sunday.

May 22, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #6,504 of 20,136
  At a guess - I'd say HE-1000

Are you part of the beta tour Moe?

I was asked to join (direct PM from HiFiMan - didn't post on the thread - quite flattered they would offer actually), but i had to turn it down.  Just bad timing.

What are your thoughts - are you allowed to discuss it outside the group?

You are correct, it is the HE1000.  I am a part of the beta program.  I haven't had enough burning in time to arrive to a definite conclusion, but I did listen to a couple of different HE1000s at CanJam and Jude's HE1000 at length on various DAC/Amps and DAPs such as the DNA Stratus, Hugo TT, AK240, PonoPlayer, and my iPhone 6 (128GB) in my SF mini meet hotel room - prior to the beta program being implemented.  Without going into too much detail, it is simply my favorite headphone that I have listened to, and everyone should listen to it (especially attached to an awesome DAC/Amp/DAP of their choice).

May 22, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #6,505 of 20,136
  @Brooko ....well well .....busy times ahead then .....be interesting to hear how the new X5 sounds like ...cheers

Just finished charging it and about to rescan the library after inserting both cards from my original X5.

Think I'll start with the HD600 and see what this additional power can do .....

May 22, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #6,506 of 20,136
  And my little surprise for the day.

X5ii arrived - along with the E17K (Alpen 2).  So I have a very busy weekend and coming week planned.  Good timing too - supposed to get snow down to sea level on Sunday.

Congrats to you!  I'll be awaiting my Questyle QP1R (Gold), which should be arriving in the near future.  As long as it powers the HE1000 sufficiently, I'll be one happy listener! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 22, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #6,507 of 20,136
  You are correct, it is the HE1000.  I am a part of the beta program.  I haven't had enough burning in time to arrive to a definite conclusion, but I did listen to a couple of different HE1000s at CanJam and Jude's HE1000 at length on various DAC/Amps and DAPs such as the DNA Stratus, Hugo TT, AK240, PonoPlayer, and my iPhone 6 (128GB) in my SF mini meet hotel room - prior to the beta program being implemented.  Without going into too much detail, it is simply my favorite headphone that I have listened to, and everyone should listen to it (especially attached to an awesome DAC/Amp/DAP of their choice).

Yep - I'm regretting turning down the opportunity now.  But Tania and I are due to jump on a kite for 3 weeks around the World (leave in July), so just couldn't really spare the time or the deposit.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to listen at NZ's Head-Fi Meet later in the year.

May 22, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #6,508 of 20,136

Yep - I'm regretting turning down the opportunity now.  But Tania and I are due to jump on a kite for 3 weeks around the World (leave in July), so just couldn't really spare the time or the deposit.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to listen at NZ's Head-Fi Meet later in the year.

No worries, I'm pretty sure that someone will have it at the Head-Fi meet for you to listen to. 

Have fun during your trip! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 22, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #6,510 of 20,136
Thanks Moe - trip is actually business, but I'm allowed to take Tania this time which makes a nice change.  Around the World in 20 days - so it's a bit of a whirlwind (lots of timezone changes).

Wokei - X5ii is crazy powerful.  HD600, high gain, 60/120 and its more than enough volume for me.

Same refined, clear and clean signature as th X5 original - but they've added something.  It seems a little more lively - involving.  Just first impressions - too early to tell yet.

For anyone who's about to get the X5ii though - CAUTION - headphone out is on the right, line-out is on the left.  Just as well I had the HD600s - because if I had been using the DN-2000J I think you might have heard a shriek of pain 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back