"The Lab"
Jul 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #18,001 of 20,136
If they added a battery and analogue inputs to it, it could be a killer device. But even "just" as a small USB DAC, it seems like a really nice device. The remote, (optional?) stand as well as volume indicators look so darn s@xy!

Yeah, I agree with you. With those added features it would indeed be super sharp.

I'm pretty sure that the volume control is included will the unit (it is with the V2). I've gotta say that although it may seem like a small thing I've become very spoiled with the remote on the V2+ and couldn't live without it now :wink:

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #18,002 of 20,136
Oh, when I wrote "optional?", I was referring to the stand. 
wink.gif

And although I can only judge by the pictures, I agree with you that it seems like an excellent remote - elegant, functional and still simple.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #18,003 of 20,136
Oh, when I wrote "optional?", I was referring to the stand. :wink:  

And although I can only judge by the pictures, I agree with you that it seems like an excellent remote - elegant, functional and still simple.

Ah, my bad :wink:

No stand with mine so you're either right or they add it to the production units (I got no retail package with mine at all).

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #18,006 of 20,136
  Okay, so recently, upon recommendation, I did start listening to my music with the lights off, at night.  Sounds...I know, a little weird.  But it's a pretty sweet way to enjoy music.

That's pretty much the way I end my day.

No distractions, just music
gs1000.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #18,007 of 20,136
So I've been going back and forth between the V2+ and Air for a couple of hours now. I've been listening to my regular demo list with two different laptops running MediaMonkey with identical settings in both Windows and MM. I've been using my modded T50RP's and some LZ A4 prototype IEM's (wife's home so no open cans yet wink.gif ).

I've got to say that I'm super impressed with the performance from the little Air unit. It comes very close to the V2+ in sound quality and signature. I really don't like talking numbers when it comes to sound but in lack of anything better I'll do an exception and say that based on my rather short listening session with a couple of not super revealing headphones and IEM's the Air has probably 85-90% of the sound from the V2+. As a lover of the V2+ this is of course excellent news, to be able to bring most of the V2+ sq with me wherever I go.

The V2+ may have slightly more air, a bit more controlled and deeper bass but the difference is not big. Apart from that the overall signature is very similar. The V2+ of course has a lot of other features like significantly more power, toslink, coaxial and a couple of analog inputs etc.

I'll do the same exercise again when putting my review together but that time I'll be using some of my more revealing open headphones but so far this really seems as the perfect portable unit for anyone loving the sound of the V2+.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #18,010 of 20,136
There are times when the politics, jealousy and gossip that goes on in this site sickens me. I'm thinking about finishing my review queue and calling it quits.

Rant over

Don't let the whining of a few ruin the fun you get out of this hobby. There are a lot of people out here who enjoy your reviews!
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with @Pastapipo. it's guys like you and others in The Lab that make this hobby entertaining

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #18,012 of 20,136
There are times when the politics, jealousy and gossip that goes on in this site sickens me. I'm thinking about finishing my review queue and calling it quits.

Rant over

Im not sure where this beef is going down, but don't let it get you down. If it counts as anything, I appreciate your reviews as contributions to the site. Sure there's going to be some nonconstructive negative feedback, but then again there always is. At the end of the day, you're doing good whereas haters are just hating. That's why I adopt the attitude, including for reviews, of writing what i want to write how I want to write it. Cheers and rock on.

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #18,013 of 20,136

Rant over

This is exactly the way I feel at the moment as well....

I've unsubscribed from most threads I've been following and more will follow.

That being said I really hope that you keep on pushing out reviews since I thoroughly enjoy reading them :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back