"The Lab"
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #17,147 of 20,136
On another note...

I have to say, sometimes reviewing forces me to finish writing a review on something really good, only to put it in a drawer for a long time because I don't have time to use it. Well, as I was bolting out the door this morning I grabbed my pair of Axgio Sprint Bluetooth earphones. I'm glad I did, these things are awesome. Big bass that is sub focused, pretty neutral mids, and a nice sparkle up top. Definitely one of, if not the best Bluetooth in-ears I've heard. They rock

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #17,148 of 20,136
On another note...

I have to say, sometimes reviewing forces me to finish writing a review on something really good, only to put it in a drawer for a long time because I don't have time to use it. Well, as I was bolting out the door this morning I grabbed my pair of Axgio Sprint Bluetooth earphones. I'm glad I did, these things are awesome. Big bass that is sub focused, pretty neutral mids, and a nice sparkle up top. Definitely one of, if not the best Bluetooth in-ears I've heard. They rock

+1! That happens too often. I agree on the Sprint as well. Unfortunately they seems to be discontinued :frowning2:

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #17,149 of 20,136
+1! That happens too often. I agree on the Sprint as well. Unfortunately they seems to be discontinued :frowning2:
That's really sad they're discontinued. I'm really digging their deep and controlled bass response hat the moment. It's not the tightest or most responsive presentation I've ever heard, but it makes up the difference with depth.

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #17,150 of 20,136
That's really sad they're discontinued. I'm really digging their deep and controlled bass response hat the moment. It's not the tightest or most responsive presentation I've ever heard, but it makes up the difference with depth.

Yes I agree. I've recommended them to many people but lately more than one person told me that they're not available and at the time I couldn't find them on Amazon either, a shame really. They're very easy to enjoy.

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #17,151 of 20,136
Yes I agree. I've recommended them to many people but lately more than one person told me that they're not available and at the time I couldn't find them on Amazon either, a shame really. They're very easy to enjoy.

Peter, on a different subject are you tempted to try out the Chord Mojo to see what all the fuss is about before you make your next big purchase for your new desktop Dac-amp which will ensure that you will be tethered to your desk for years to come? 
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #17,152 of 20,136
Peter, on a different subject are you tempted to try out the Chord Mojo to see what all the fuss is about before you make your next big purchase for your new desktop Dac-amp which will ensure that you will be tethered to your desk for years to come? :wink:

LOL! I was and would still love to hear it but since I've already made that purchase that needs to last for at least five years it's too late to go back now. It would definitely have been a cheaper option though but the Burson unit has a lot more features that was important to me if I was going to spend this kind of money.

TL;DR: the physical design, size and features on the Mojo wouldn't be suited for an end game dac/amp for me.

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #17,153 of 20,136

Are these the ones Peter?   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axgio-Vigour-Sport-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Running-Stable-Earphone-Headset-/262195745705?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #17,154 of 20,136
just have to emphasise how much i love my aurisonics 1-plus!

"I was floored by what the ASG1+ had to offer. This was by far my favorite in the Aurisonics line-up. It is up there with the likes of Final Audio Design Lab1, Fitear MH334, Tralucent Audio Ref1 in my books. It is such a well-tuned IEM that should receive lots more attention than it is having at this point of time." @destrozer

"It should be no surprise by now that the ASG-1PLUS is a solid 5 star performer for me when it comes to sound and it’s safe to say that this is my all-time favorite, and potentially end game, IEM." @peter123

"Mesmerizing and sweet vocals with a wide soundstage. I dare say this is one of the best vocals iems in the market and it is up there with the likes of FI-BA-SS, Earwerkz Legend Omega, VisionEars5 just to name a few" @audio123 (me
biggrin.gif
)

Fender will need to recreate this underrated gem which isnt given much recognition

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #17,155 of 20,136
LOL! I was and would still love to hear it but since I've already made that purchase that needs to last for at least five years it's too late to go back now. It would definitely have been a cheaper option though but the Burson unit has a lot more features that was important to me if I was going to spend this kind of money.

TL;DR: the physical design, size and features on the Mojo wouldn't be suited for an end game dac/amp for me.

If you can also use the Burson in your main full sized HiFi system then it is well worth it.

The main issue I had with the Mojo was the lack of sub bass that I was used to.

I read on the Mojo thread, where one guy reckons the Chord  2Qute was noticeably better than the Mojo but it needs a separate amp.

I tested the Mojo against my 3 years old Musical Fidelity V90 Dac in my main system and I thought it was not as transparent but played it safe and never offended.

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #17,156 of 20,136

No unfortunately not, the ones you want are the Axgio Sprint.

If you can also use the Burson in your main full sized HiFi system then it is well worth it.

The main issue I had with the Mojo was the lack of sub bass that I was used to.

I read on the Mojo thread, where one guy reckons the Chord  2Qute was noticeably better than the Mojo but it needs a separate amp.

I tested the Mojo against my 3 years old Musical Fidelity V90 Dac in my main system and I thought it was not as transparent but played it safe and never offended.

Yes, it's considered to be an excellent pre amp (honestly haven't tested it myself yet), even has a dac out for use with another pre amp if desired, has a remote, analog inputs and some other stuff that was important to me when spending that kind of money.

7kg weight and 8,2W @16Ohms also suits me well :wink:

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #17,157 of 20,136
No unfortunately not, the ones you want are the Axgio Sprint.
Yes, it's considered to be an excellent pre amp (honestly haven't tested it myself yet), even has a dac out for use with another pre amp if desired, has a remote, analog inputs and some other stuff that was important to me when spending that kind of money.

7kg weight and 8,2W @16Ohms also suits me well
wink.gif

8.2W @ 16Ohms?? That's potential to made a headphone an electric chair 
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #17,159 of 20,136
8.2W @ 16Ohms?? That's potential to made a headphone an electric chair :p  

Yes, fortunately the PGA2310 fully digital volume control (100 steps) is excellent so I'm not very worried. The big volume number on the display also help :wink:

But yeah, not to be used when intoxicated. Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back