"The Lab"
Jan 7, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #15,721 of 20,136
New avatar, Joe? My older kids thought MJ was a white lady at first, lol
wink_face.gif

Do you live in Oregon, too?

Haha no, but my Vpost address is in Portland, OR lol. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #15,723 of 20,136
No, I meant for some impressions, Alex
wink_face.gif

Curious how they stack up against FLC 8S, which are fantabulous!

Don't have FLC, but Oriveti is very resolving, detailed yet smooth, sounds very natural, excellent low end extension with a powerful slam - great mid-bass impact supported by sub-bass weight.  Bass and midrange are relatively linear and nicely balanced, with a gradual roll off in upper mids after 2k and then a little hump in upper treble to add some airiness and definition to a sound.  Unlike other 3-way hybrids, you are not going to hear an ounce of sibilance or harshness or graininess.  Their sound is not in a league of analytical level of detail retrieval or high definition airy top end.  It's definitely on a smoother and a little warmer side, but still with an excellent retrieval of details and plenty of clarity thanks to a rather well controlled bass (no spillage into mids) and smooth/organic upper mids/treble.  The combination of their sound tuning and a slick fitment just elevated these to the top of my hybrids IEMs list.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #15,725 of 20,136
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 7, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #15,728 of 20,136
Jan 7, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #15,730 of 20,136
The Fidues are for my wife, the Q1, an upgrade to the Havi's. Only that. The Havi's are that good 
biggrin.gif

Has anyone done the craziness of using a sibilance control tip on the B3P1? I'm using the Ostrys OS100 tips (the weakest of them) and they are by far my preferred tips. Everything seems crispier and the bass seems stronger but without loosing any quality, it even seems more textured. Only drawback is a slightly less wide stage but that Havi's has to spare. Listening to Sultans of Swing with them and the bassline gives me goosebumps 
basshead.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #15,731 of 20,136
Don't let anything stop you. Pop the filters out and put them in wider bore tips. Then there are no drawbacks. Why have a drawback if you don't have to :)

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #15,732 of 20,136
Now there's
  The Fidues are for my wife, the Q1, an upgrade to the Havi's. Only that. The Havi's are that good 
biggrin.gif

Has anyone done the craziness of using a sibilance control tip on the B3P1? I'm using the Ostrys OS100 tips (the weakest of them) and they are by far my preferred tips. Everything seems crispier and the bass seems stronger but without loosing any quality, it even seems more textured. Only drawback is a slightly less wide stage but that Havi's has to spare. Listening to Sultans of Swing with them and the bassline gives me goosebumps 
basshead.gif

Now there's devotion! An amp specifically for 1 pair of iems. I tip my hat…
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #15,733 of 20,136
  Don't let anything stop you. Pop the filters out and put them in wider bore tips. Then there are no drawbacks. Why have a drawback if you don't have to :)

But that's the point... I find the OS100 better then the Sennheiser double flange 
eek.gif

My tip-rolling journey was a thought one... First the Senns would easily loose seal and fall of, so i adapted a comply trying to get the same results:

I liked this very much, equal to the Senn's Double flange but with slightly more bass. But my Ostry tips arrived and as i never seen such tip dependency before... Why not? Now i can't just use anything else with them 
biggrin.gif

Now there's
Now there's devotion! An amp specifically for 1 pair of iems. I tip my hat…
beerchug.gif

Love at the first listen. They are driving me crazy so the last i could do is drive them properly 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back