The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Jun 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #6,724 of 8,352
And btw, there are any big difference between the S400 and S500? besides the price.

The differences have been discussed recently mate.

Just search the thread. :wink:

I am! I hate ordering from places other then Amazon. I won't even order off of eBay :p

LOL!

Does Amazon Japan count?? :p

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #6,726 of 8,352
Can someone give me plzz compatible pads for modding these headphones? to buy in amazon or ebay!! ?? plz

Lol dude, no one buys them from there.

MP4Nation!!

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #6,727 of 8,352
Can someone give me plzz compatible pads for modding these headphones? to buy in amazon or ebay!! ?? plz

Why don't you actually TRY them first before you want to get pads and modify them, if you are looking to try and turn these into full size headphones you are going to be disappointed... You should probably look into Superlux, Panasonic's, SOMiC's, Takstar's, HM5's or similar... IMHO

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #6,728 of 8,352
I have the JVC HA-S500 w/WS55 pads and Monoprice 8323 and haven't really tried any other on-ear or over-ear headphones.  Today, I was at Best Buy Mobile today and decided to try their headphones.

I didn't have my headphones with me, but I was surprised that I liked the S500s more than all of them except for maybe the Skullcandy Aviators, which are 3x the price!

I only spent a few minutes on each with my LG Nexus 4, but I would probably rank them in this order.  Some were too close to call.

Skullcandy Aviator S6AVFM-289
Monster DNA On-Ear
Beats On Solo HD
Sony MDRX10
UE 4000
Beats Studio Over Ear (worst by far)

I would say the JVC-S500 is either better than all or 2nd to the Aviators.  I think the Monoprice would even sound better than some of these.  Are my ears messed up?

I'll have to bring the S500 with me next time to compare them again.

Jun 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #6,729 of 8,352
Quote:
I have the JVC HA-S500 w/WS55 pads and Monoprice 8323 and haven't really tried any other on-ear or over-ear headphones.  Today, I was at Best Buy Mobile today and decided to try their headphones.

I didn't have my headphones with me, but I was surprised that I liked the S500s more than all of them except for maybe the Skullcandy Aviators, which are 3x the price!

I only spent a few minutes on each with my LG Nexus 4, but I would probably rank them in this order.  Some were too close to call.

Skullcandy Aviator S6AVFM-289
Monster DNA On-Ear
Beats On Solo HD
Sony MDRX10
UE 4000
Beats Studio Over Ear (worst by far)

I would say the JVC-S500 is either better than all or 2nd to the Aviators.  I think the Monoprice would even sound better than some of these.  Are my ears messed up?

I'll have to bring the S500 with me next time to compare them again.

^ This guy is nuts, we need to have him committed ASAP!!!
deadhorse.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #6,731 of 8,352
S500's fully burnt in (100 hours+) and I must say, I've rediscovered my love for:

Aquemini - Outkast (specifically Synthesizer and Liberation) 

- and - 

OK Computer - Radiohead

in FLAC, although it is just straight from my Macbook Air rather than any DAC. 

Just sharing the cherry on top of my Saturday night with you fellow budget Audiophiles :wink: 

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #6,733 of 8,352
Hahaha, yea i know that iems are far from my brain! it was just a joke =P

And btw, there are any big difference between the S400 and S500? besides the price.

The S500s have better lows and highs. The S400s have better mids.

They are on ear.

If you really want over ears I wouldn't bother with the s500's personally.

+1

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #6,734 of 8,352
Quote:
Yuck....iPod EQ settings are horrible. I don't remember what mod you performed on your S500s, but out of curiosity now, I am charging up my one iPod that is not running Rockbox, and I am going to try it with the S500s and that treble booster and see what that combination sounds like to me.

I took the mods off except for some insulation in between the drivers and the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back