The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Mar 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #5,041 of 8,352
Ha ha! Very funny! Btw, credit for "do it" goes to the master troll motivator himself... sfwalcer :)

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5,043 of 8,352
I have to give kudos to JVC.  I would never have though they could bring such happiness to my ear nubs.  I can't claim to have listened to the best of the best to put things in perspective, but after nearly 6 hours of listening to many of my favorite tracks, the JVC HA-FXT90's are the best sound I've ever heard.  So easy to drive too!  

...then I imagine what Senn IE8's or HD800's must sound like?  Not sure my ears and brain could handle that.  Best money I've ever spent on iem's/headphones.  No doubt in my mind.

Can't wait to try the S500's

Good god of the frequencies be kind to me! 
size]

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #5,044 of 8,352
Well, truth is I'm no fan of ordering online.  I prefer to be able to return them right away if I don't like what I hear.  Besides, I'm happy enough with my Koss Pro DJ100's and Porta Pro's if I want to listen with on ear heaphones.  

Now if the ones I picked up at the Source had been the same S500's, well that would have been sweet.

Edit.  Browsed ebay, thinking about ordering a pair of S500's now 
rolleyes.gif

Can anyone recommend who I should buy from?  If they have anything like the sound I'm hearing from these FXT90's I may just have to...gulp...order from ebay.

Peace,

TBB

Haha don't delay it mate, how do you think most of us on Head - Fi buy our stuff? Japan and China are the centre of technological advancement.

Btw, I used jp-ken seller on eBay. He ships quick and is a good friend of mine.

Link:http://r.ebay.com/PY7nqY

He's also got the Gunmetal model, just message him about it.

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #5,045 of 8,352
Quote:
Haha don't delay it mate, how do you think most of us on Head - Fi buy our stuff? Japan and China are the centre of technological advancement.

Btw, I used jp-ken seller on eBay. He ships quick and is a good friend of mine.

Link:http://r.ebay.com/PY7nqY

He's also got the Gunmetal model, just message him about it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Cheers Geko.
TBB

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #5,047 of 8,352
Quote:
Does JVC or anyone else make a full size, circumaural version of this? With the same kind of driver? Thanks.

There's the HA-S770, but it doesn't sound nearly as good I've heard. I think you're best bet would be to get the S500s and purchase the HM5 pads. If you want the pads to stay on better you'll need some rings as well. If you don't mind spending the money you could go with the WS99s, which is the most similar type of sound I can think of.

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #5,048 of 8,352
^ What 7S said, but i have this feeling JVC is gonna release their full size CNT headphone real soon, all speculation on my part of course but how can they not have any answers for what ATH unloaded this year.

But yeah it seems that for now, the ATH WS99 are these best bang for the buck that is akin to a complete full size upgraded version of the S500s. 

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #5,050 of 8,352
Quote:
^ What 7S said, but i have this feeling JVC is gonna release their full size CNT headphone real soon, all speculation on my part of course but how can they not have any answers for what ATH unloaded this year.

But yeah it seems that for now, the ATH WS99 are these best bang for the buck that is akin to a complete full size upgraded version of the S500s. 

WOH...full size CNT headphones, now that would be something.  Stop teasing me with that idea, I may just dream about that tonight.  (On a white sands beach in Queensland Australia...bottle of red wine within reach...puts on JVC HA-SX900 50mm diaphragm CNT cans...looks out at the ocean while I play some Pink Floyd Flac...smiles...tear rolls down cheek!)

A.K.A. ear SX! lol

See what you've gone and done with that speculation 
size]

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #5,051 of 8,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back