The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Jan 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #4,201 of 8,352
Quote:

Cute you are not the only mad modder here, i bet my BASS will kill your bass.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, and you provide pictures too! Well, sorta!

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #4,202 of 8,352
Quote:

Wow, you listen to Oreo's, you funny man!

C'mon cute get with the program, Oreo Stereo Hi-Fi is the trend of the future. This lil' thing is gonna blow Ds discovery thread wide open!
....Who says it's just for eating, pissssh!

What's your flavor/ color preference? Pick one. LoL

Quote:

Yeah, and you provide pictures too! Well, sorta!

Man i am completely floored by this sound like no other time due to the stuffed stock pads.  The previous setup without the stuffed stock pads felt lacking in bass and doesn't have that full/ lushness in the entire sonic spectrum. Let's just say I will no longer touch/ re-mod this setup, IT'S FINISHED AND COMPETED. DONE!!! Just like my other pair of modded S500s, it's too good to mess with anymore. I will have to get a 3rd set of S500s if another promising mod comes along.

My setup is exactly the same as the lengthy pics galore post few pages back but this time i just stuffed the stock pads as well.

My complete setup goes like this: 1.) All bass ports taped 2.) Cotton/paper towel stuffed stock S500 pads. 3.) Paper towel stuffed HM5 pads with rubber-O-rings holding them in place. That's it!

Ok, more detailed info on the stuffed stock pads. 1.) One cotton Ball 2.) Short/ thin piece of rolled paper towel. Picture below is just for the general idea.

You stretch/ pull one piece of cotton ball long enough to surround the inner diameter of the stock pads. Then you stuff the cotton roll like you would do for the paper towel mod as the inner layer. Lastly you will need thin/ short piece of rolled up paper towel and stuff it as the outer/ 2nd layer. Make sure both layers are stuffed cleanly and really in so nothing will block the driver opening of these S500s.

Why one layer of cotton then a layer of paper towel??? I remember this sounded the best for these stock S500s pads when i was messing with different materials. You can do the classic all paper towel stuff to see what results you get, then try the cotton/ paper combo, or just all cotton to see what sounds the best. Doesn't hurt to experiment.

If you want a dynamic/ engaging HD/ 3-D sound that has a killer bass end and huge soundstage, with micro details from the mids flying all over your face that also has non-harsh/ sibilant but extended highs. This mod is what's up.  It's now truly completed perfection, well at least for me since i have never heard my S500s sing like this, nor have i heard such amazing sound from anywhere/ thing that i have owned.  No hype just my experience on what these crazy @ss S500s are capable of.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #4,203 of 8,352
Quote:
You stretch/ pull one piece of cotton ball long enough to surround the inner diameter of the stock pads. Then you stuff the cotton roll like you would do for the paper towel mod as the inner layer. Lastly you will need thin/ short piece of rolled up paper towel and stuff it as the outer/ 2nd layer. Make sure both layers are stuffed cleanly and really in so nothing will block the driver opening of these S500s.

It sounds strange, but I think I got it! Thanks. I'll definitely try it once I get the rings (I went to Home Depot's plumbing department, but no luck).

Quote:
If you want a dynamic/ engaging HD/ 3-D sound that has a killer bass end and huge soundstage, with micro details from the mids flying all over your face that also has non-harsh/ sibilant but extended highs. This mod is what's up.  It's now truly completed perfection, well at least for me since i have never heard my S500s sing like this, nor have i heard such amazing sound from anywhere/ thing that i have owned.  No hype just my experience on what these crazy @ss S500s are capable of.

The question on all of head-fi's mind is, who's S500 sounds better - yours or cute's?

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #4,204 of 8,352
Quote:

It sounds strange, but I think I got it! Thanks. I'll definitely try it once I get the rings (I went to Home Depot's plumbing department, but no luck).

The question on all of head-fi's mind is, who's S500 sounds better - yours or cute's?

You have no local hardware store near you WAYNE? Print out that O-ring ebay page (make sure you got the right measurements) and go ask them to find it for you, cuz those little things are impossible to find in the store.

Pissssh, you even have to ask, mine's like BASED BASS, cute's is like anorexic bass. Where???!!!
normal_smile .gif
Come at me cute! I am ready.
biggrin.gif

P.S. but i really do want to try cute's modded sets though, cuz who knows what he be cooking of late. Mad genius always something burning on that stove/ mind of his. If he gave up all his $$$ gears and even the FXZ200s for these modded S500s, it says something, or he is just nuts, who knows. LoL

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #4,205 of 8,352
Quote:

What solutions are there though for carrying it around? I wear my SGS2 in a belt holster. I don't think that would really be possible with the Note 2. How does anyone carry it around I wonder?

Uhm... get bigger pockets? 
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #4,206 of 8,352
Quote:
Double stuffed pads = WOW DAT BASS/ FULL BODIED/ FUN SOUND!!!
L3000.gif

I've reconsidered the Sennheiser HD-428 pad option for now.  I hear you regarding the "double" stuffed comments.  I'm going to continue to work on the already started micro-velour pads that I started earlier.  They will remain on-ear pads, but with more sufficient padding.  The more I thought about it, the more I decided to focus in the on-ear pad arena for a bit longer.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #4,207 of 8,352
Quote:

Ok guys, thanks for the info. I think I I'll just go with one of the ebay seller.

Finally I've placed my order for the S500. Paid about US$70 including EMS thru Bluetin and should receive them in a couple of days. Do you guys think it's a reasonable deal I'm getting here. Thanks in advance.

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #4,208 of 8,352
Quote:
Finally I've placed my order for the S500. Paid about US$70 including EMS thru Bluetin and should receive them in a couple of days. Do you guys think it's a reasonable deal I'm getting here. Thanks in advance.

That's similar to what a lot of people have paid.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #4,209 of 8,352
Quote:
That's similar to what a lot of people have paid.

Great.Thanks Achmedisdead. Now, I've to go back and re-read thru the rest of the pages in this thread and I'm only half way thru. Might take some effort though but it gets really interesting with all the different mods popping up now and then. Cheers.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #4,210 of 8,352
Quote:
Great.Thanks Achmedisdead. Now, I've to go back and re-read thru the rest of the pages in this thread and I'm only half way thru. Might take some effort though but it gets really interesting with all the different mods popping up now and then. Cheers.

Remember it will take a little time for them to break in....give it a week or two before you go nuts with different pads and mods. 
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #4,212 of 8,352
Jan 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #4,213 of 8,352
I cant imagine what would happen but the last linked mod over in the s400 thread should take this s500 on an even higher level.!.. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back