The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #1,607 of 8,352
About my experience with HA-S500 echoed. The thinner the pads, the less "boxy" and constricted soundstage, plus all things you mentioned.

The circumaral  pads for HA-M750 I mentioned that I have tried are effectively thick exactly for the thickness of the protective mesh material in the center of the pads protecting the drivers from foreign objects - it is below 1 mm. Beats any on ear earpad easily.

Voices are better, sound is wider. I am NOT going back to stock pads. The bass is there hitting hard, better highs.

Oohh, comfort went up a complete notch, the pads are not clamping so hard, so it feels more soft on my ears.
Its almost 4mm thinner, the hole is 7mm wider, same material, looks completly stock.

No, i am not using stock pads anymore.

CMON guys , WT................... the bass went up a notch, the sound is wider, bigger, treble sounds more natural, voices are not "boxy"... i dont know what these guys at JVC where thinking with those stock pads, but they DONT make justice.. i am NOT going back to stock PADS! god!!!, the voices are more clear and real!!!!

WT... you JVC guys thinking with those stock pads???????????????????????????? buy some Cobys and try the pad, i am telling you JVC people, they sound better!!!!!

UPDATE

Stock Pads are tunned for more bass, but its KILLING the mids and highs, you guy got try these pads, Highs are up a complete notch, voices, guitars, pianos, everything sounds more clear, bass is maybe like 90% of the bass with stock pads, but the sound overall is more "cristal clear"

man ..... i you guys ignore me, thats Ok.... but man, buy your self a pair of cheap Cobys, Change de pads, sell the cobys and you are getting free replacements.

Highs went TO ANOTHER LEVEL HERE! sound is more closer to the FXD80!!

Coby CV185 $8.43
http://www.amazon.com/Coby-CV185-Folding-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B001U7YKVM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348610661&sr=1-1&keywords=coby+cv185

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #1,608 of 8,352
every day i come back to check on this thread there is a new pad :frowning2: are these pads the same as the ath leather that cute and dsnuts seem to be using http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Compatable-audio-technica-MDR-V150-Packaged/dp/B004SHFPFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348611976&sr=8-1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/StoreONE-Earpad-Technica-ATH-ES7-Headphones/dp/B008DLLJD0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348611976&sr=8-2

just wanted to add an update instead of another post: http://www.audiotechnicashop.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80_81&product_id=275
can you use these ones. cost seems to be same and these are straight from ath

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #1,610 of 8,352
Quote:
Gohst, you are giving me a hardtime waiting for Octubre and those S400 hit the States.... i am like, "if he keeps talking about better mids iam not waiting till octuber"

bigsmile_face.gif

ME WANT.. White S400 with Blue Addidas Pads and Doc Blue Cables MOD...... RIGHT NOW!

Sheesh! Not a mere few days after convincing me to get a pair of "ksc75 crushing" S500's, do you not start having wandering eyes for another girl! You are a nasty one Mr rickdohc! LOL!

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #1,612 of 8,352
Quote:
The posts in this thread border on mass hysteria. 
beyersmile.png

Yeah, so have you jumped on the "reality train" yet and got yours???

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,613 of 8,352
Quote:

Sheesh! Not a mere few days after convincing me to get a pair of "ksc75 crushing" S500's, do you not start having wandering eyes for another girl! You are a nasty one Mr rickdohc! LOL!"

Life aint easy 
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,614 of 8,352
Quote:
I think generally if you use a wider pad for these it will open up the sounds much better..

Just like you reported, changing pads its like having a complete NEW S500. 

Coby`s Pad`s is like bumping the highs and mids up,   thats what i was doing using the "treble boost" setting from my ipad (my ipad is in spanish, dont know what it says in english), but i needed the fiio to boost the bass i was loosing, but still had that little "boxy" thing i wasnt liking that much, still not "perfect".

With these Coby's pads, i got more clear highs, bumped mids.. the bass went down a little but it still hits hard and low, i can say now that these things sound AS I WANTED !  
L3000.gif

Eric Clapton. --  EPIC!

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #1,615 of 8,352
Man someone really ought to make a complete list of which headphones these s500's are better than 

Some thing like this: 
                                                                               Winner  
Jvc Ha-s500  Vs  ATH-M50                                   HA S500
                           V-Moda M80                              HA-S500
                           Beats Pros                                 HA-S500
                           HD598                                                 
                           K701                                                 
                           Skullcandy Aviators                          
                           K1000                                            
                           KRK KNS-8400                                           
                           HD600
                           DT880
                           And anything else people want compared.          

Edit: Filled in the ones i already think are accepted by some people in this thread                                                     

And likewise for the s400's. A complete list of Earpads would be nice too. Oh yeah, i'll post some pictures soon (hopefully) but i found some random earpads that turn these into over ears, however, it is just a big pad placed over the stock pads so no difference in sound, just in comfort. I LOVE THESE THINGS      

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #1,616 of 8,352
Just finished listening to this. By far the best stuff i have heard come out of my s500's yet. I only have around 80 hours burn in so far.. can't wait to see what else these are capable of. Everything you guys have been saying is true. 

Nitrous Oxide - Dreamcatcher   (Trance)

SO EPIC 
L3000.gif

~Ic3

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,617 of 8,352
Man someone really ought to make a complete list of which headphones these s500's are better than      

Well a "complete list" is impossible but each persons personal opinion of the stuff they own might be an interesting topic. Especially since lots of phones are ideal for different uses. Like to me the super portablility is one of the things that trumps the ATH M50.

If I had to make a pecking order on prefered listening of music it would be something like this: DT990 premium(32Ohm) = DT770 premium(250ohm) > JVC S500 > ATH M50 > HD380 Pro > Sony MDR 7505 > other junk i have.

If I had to thrown my TF10 IEM somewhere in the command line I would say they are equal to the M50 but inferior to the S500.

But "better" again is relative because if I was going to mix an album HD380 would be the top of the list so there you go.

Doc

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #1,620 of 8,352
Quote:
Well a "complete list" is impossible but each persons personal opinion of the stuff they own might be an interesting topic. Especially since lots of phones are ideal for different uses. Like to me the super portablility is one of the things that trumps the ATH M50.
If I had to make a pecking order on prefered listening of music it would be something like this: DT990 premium(32Ohm) = DT770 premium(250ohm) > JVC S500 > ATH M50 > HD380 Pro > Sony MDR 7505 > other junk i have.
If I had to thrown my TF10 IEM somewhere in the command line I would say they are equal to the M50 but inferior to the S500.
But "better" again is relative because if I was going to mix an album HD380 would be the top of the list so there you go.
Doc

Well that's a given because everyone has there own opinion, but i mean just a generally accepted list that most people could accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back