The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #1,577 of 8,352
Sep 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #1,579 of 8,352
so, are whe still on the Hype Train or in the REALITY TRAIN?

bigsmile_face.gif

Whats the sastisfaction rate so far?  8 out of 10 are happy with them?

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #1,580 of 8,352
Quote:
so, are whe still on the Hype Train or in the REALITY TRAIN?

bigsmile_face.gif

Whats the sastisfaction rate so far?  8 out of 10 are happy with them?

Reality train. These drivers are the real deal. I'm really hoping that JVC figures out how to make a 50mm circumaural with these. But until then I'm going to remain happy with what I've got.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #1,581 of 8,352
How would you value these headphones on a subjective ("satisfaction") pricing basis? $150'ish maybe? or is that stretching it? Like I value my Q40 (slightly modded stock pads) & swapped cable like ~$220 on a subjective pricing basis (+$100 above its street price).

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #1,582 of 8,352
Quote:

Reality train. These drivers are the real deal. I'm really hoping that JVC figures out how to make a 50mm circumaural with these. But until then I'm going to remain happy with what I've got.

This is my Train.. whos gonna ride???

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #1,583 of 8,352
Quote:
How would you value these headphones on a subjective pricing basis? Like I value my Q40 (slightly modded stock pads) & swapped cable like ~$220 on a subjective pricing basis (+$100 above its street price).

>$200. Easy. Aside from being on-ear, it offers the best of EVERYTHING!

Ridiculously deep bass response? Check
Non-recessed mids? Check
Wide soundstage? Check
Non-fatiguing treble? Check.
Leakage? None
Portability? Check
Folding mechanism? The best I've ever seen.
Looks? Pretty spiffy

All of that, and it's easier to drive than a go-kart in a driveway. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,585 of 8,352
Quote:
+1 on spiffy. CashNotCredit gets word of the day award! :trophy:
(sorry if I sometimes post nonsense when I'm in a good mood.....)

i post nonsense when i am in audio nirvana with my S500 and FXD80
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #1,586 of 8,352
Quote:

Amen. I'm completely satisfied with the sound, just not with the comfort. I mean, they're not bad, but circumaural would be so much better.

Maybe the ATH pads will help make them more comfortable than the Sennheiser velours I have now.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #1,587 of 8,352
I sold my xb500 almost 2 hours ago to a friend, Out of no where i recieve a call from another dude that wanted to check my s500 that lives close to home, i tell him, yea no problem .he has some Beats Solos (bought them in the same place i bought my Beats Pro so they are not fake)

So whe meet, i got my s500 pluged straight to my ipad. Hes like.. It looks ok, so it sounds good? Me, yea its a nice try it, i hit play to some trance music and there he is standing, listening but no words no nothing staring at the floor and music is banging. 2 minutes later some words comes out hes mouth, "can i try my solos with the same music ?". He proceds to plug hes solos, 10 seconds later he says.. Whats the price of these things, 75? 10 minutes later whe are cheking amazon and he bought hes s500. While he was buying a pair of s500's i was listening those solos, those things are horrible, the xb500 runs circle around them and dont let me even start with S500, its MILES away in bass, sq everything is way better. Sorry, but those things are a joke.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #1,589 of 8,352
Quote:
I sold my xb500 almost 2 hours ago to a friend, Out of no where i recieve a call from another dude that wanted to check my s500 that lives close to home, i tell him, yea no problem .he has some Beats Solos (bought them in the same place i bought my Beats Pro so they are not fake)
So whe meet, i got my s500 pluged straight to my ipad. Hes like.. It looks ok, so it sounds good? Me, yea its a nice try it, i hit play to some trance music and there he is standing, listening but no words no nothing staring at the floor and music is banging. 2 minutes later some words comes out hes mouth, "can i try my solos with the same music ?". He proceds to plug hes solos, 10 seconds later he says.. Whats the price of these things, 75? 10 minutes later whe are cheking amazon and he bought hes s500. While he was buying a pair of s500's i was listening those solos, those things are horrible, the xb500 runs circle around them and dont let me even start with S500, its MILES away in bass, sq everything is way better. Sorry, but those things are a joke.

They jump on board the 'ol S500 reality train quite quickly LOL! Good story!

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #1,590 of 8,352
Quote:
Does the bass of the S500s hit harder?

Well, they hit just like a cannon burst beside you with Telarc 1812.

Fast forward to 14:30 and listen to them cannons

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage equipment which are not up to the task of replaying these digital cannons, play and listen at your own risks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back