The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,561 of 8,352
Quote:

The Fischer Audio FA-011 A very nice wooden cupped open headphone on the relative cheap. One of the better headphones for the cash actually. And one of the few open back headphones that actually has some bass presence. They take a month when you order them to get to you but is one of those headphones that gets a solid value rating as they only cost around $110 or so. There are some variations of the wooden cups and cords but all use the same driver.  I wanted these red wood cups but got a black wooden ones instead. These were nice when they were introduced but I have to say the HA-S500 are a better deal overall.

WOW.... stunning.. beatiful HP.

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #1,562 of 8,352
Ya I see guys selling theirs on the sale forums once in a while. I believe I recently saw a white wooden one. They always sell though. I am glad I own a pair. I can't say they are my favorites but they are a solid value. They look really nice in a cyber punkish sort of way on the head.. For the same cost of something like a AD700 with sharp highs with no bass. These actually has a nice balanced sound with bass. Which I don't believe there is too many open back headphones that actually has..These are one of those headphones that is owned by the hard core headfier. Not a headphone you can get from your local Amazon.com. or ebay I believe. There are only a few places online you can get these.  

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,563 of 8,352
Doc, Man.. you got the best looking, and maybe the most best sounding S500
NICE.. i would gladly pay for a recabling job like that! :gs1000smile:

WTH,  i just ordered a pair of those original addidas pads, that S500 looks veeeerry good!

Thank you for the very nice words about my pics Rickdohc.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,565 of 8,352
Quote:

I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with these headphones for $70/$80. They sound great. I'm sure you'll be excited once you hear them 
smile.gif

Thanks. I'm already excited, and I haven't even heard them yet!

Btw, could you please change your avatar? It really slows down my browsing experience because I keep getting hung up staring at it
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #1,568 of 8,352
Quote:

The Fischer Audio FA-011 A very nice wooden cupped open headphone on the relative cheap. One of the better headphones for the cash actually. And one of the few open back headphones that actually has some bass presence. They take a month when you order them to get to you but is one of those headphones that gets a solid value rating as they only cost around $110 or so. There are some variations of the wooden cups and cords but all use the same driver.  I wanted these red wood cups but got a black wooden ones instead. These were nice when they were introduced but I have to say the HA-S500 are a better deal overall.

I have the natural wood colored one.  Brian at BTG Audio is in the process of recabling mine with detachable XLR.  This headphone, like the S500 punches way above its price.  

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #1,569 of 8,352
Still trying to decide between the S400 or S500.

I like forward mids with as natural of a sound as possible.  I want realistic bass and no painful highs.  I want clarity. 

So of the two, which one would be best for me...  The S400?

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #1,570 of 8,352
Both will give you that me thinks. I am certain you are gonna have a spend a bit more for the ATH leathers but to me the way it sounds now was a bigger surprise than the ATH velours. I will have my HA-S400 soon..All these people on this thread can't be wrong...

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #1,571 of 8,352
Quote:

Thanks. I'm already excited, and I haven't even heard them yet!

Btw, could you please change your avatar? It really slows down my browsing experience because I keep getting hung up staring at it
biggrin.gif

That is a nice looking avatar, isn't it? 
wink_face.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,572 of 8,352
Quote:
Both will give you that me thinks. I am certain you are gonna have a spend a bit more for the ATH leathers but to me the way it sounds now was a bigger surprise than the ATH velours. I will have my HA-S400 soon..All these people on this thread can't be wrong...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the two side to side.

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,575 of 8,352
Quote:

Yours actually distracts me a lot less now that I changed mine. I can look at my own
atsmile.gif

Well, "Sexy September" is nearing the end....so the October avatars (whichever they end up being) will likely be much less distracting.(although that just gave me an idea) 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back