The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Nov 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #7,756 of 8,352
k
Thanks for all your response guys :)
Actually I own an M50 but I feel that the bass is not that much in quantity (needs an extra amp to satisfy my hunger :p)
and ya I agree with Darknecron that M50 is good with the kind of string instruments like violin n guitars..

I also agree with xkonfuzed in terms of M50 got a bright and harsh treble..sometimes it fatigues my ear for a high pitch vocalist listening to. smoother one is a good preference..
Then, is this S500 character similar to AKG K420? since u mentioned about a tight bass n smooth treble..

I haven't heard the K240's unfortunately.

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #7,757 of 8,352
I haven't heard the K240's unfortunately.

K240 (Mk. II) have a clean, clear sound which lacks the bass inpact, but has smooth, full sounding mids and somewhat bright, crisp treble.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #7,761 of 8,352
Interestingly enough, I've found the K240's to not blow up the highs like most AKG cans. They still don't do bass terribly impressively. They are mid-ish phones. I say "ish" because they're not quite as decadent as some other mid cans I've heard like the Sennheiser HD598. I haven't heard the older, high-impedance models of the K240's like the Sextett, however.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #7,762 of 8,352
K420? The K series line and they digit combo go together amazing. XD But in honesty, I still love my S500's, I've been using them for over a year now, and all I can say is they are amazing and definitely worth the price, I wear them every where! But when I'm at home I use speakers, not sure how good the S500z's at minor details and stuff, as I only use them on the go or when my room gets a little Smokey, but I think that they are endgame portable headphones for me, no need to amp or anything. The only portable thing I might buy eventually is a pair of Ciems.

EDIT: Disregard this post please, I may have been listening to my S500z at home during the time of writing. :/

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #7,765 of 8,352
Room gets Smokey... Vent that Hookah with a little open window... :D
lel, I actually am gonna start to just cook stuff and vape, also, end of this convo, I can't make good decision making choices about it atm and might say something too much. :/

Oops! I know nothing about the K420! :p
I heard it made stuff sound really deep. :|

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #7,766 of 8,352
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #7,768 of 8,352
Got the headphones in about an hour ago. UPS Surepost sucks by the way! Not sure why but USPS (who does the final delivery for UPS Surepost) didn't leave the package on the porch like they usually do when no one is home Also, the box was small enough to fit into the mail box, but they didn't use that at first. I waited till today since yesterday was Thanksgiving, which is a given cause it's a holiday. So this time they left it in the mail box. Very weird and I got a bit frustrated lol.

I guess end rant?

Well, I actually love the headphones even though they're not burned in. I'm just gonna use them as normal. I'll probably play music louder than usual through my ipod when I'm not using them. K-Pop is really awesome with these :D. I'm also playing some music from anime. Very fun headphones. I do love my HD555 but oh man..the HA-S500 is just super fun. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I appreciate really good headphones, and good audio equipment as well.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #7,769 of 8,352
Got the headphones in about an hour ago. UPS Surepost sucks by the way! Not sure why but USPS (who does the final delivery for UPS Surepost) didn't leave the package on the porch like they usually do when no one is home Also, the box was small enough to fit into the mail box, but they didn't use that at first. I waited till today since yesterday was Thanksgiving, which is a given cause it's a holiday. So this time they left it in the mail box. Very weird and I got a bit frustrated lol.

I guess end rant?

Well, I actually love the headphones even though they're not burned in. I'm just gonna use them as normal. I'll probably play music louder than usual through my ipod when I'm not using them. K-Pop is really awesome with these :D. I'm also playing some music from anime. Very fun headphones. I do love my HD555 but oh man..the HA-S500 is just super fun. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I appreciate really good headphones, and good audio equipment as well.

That's good to hear :) enjoy your s500's!

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #7,770 of 8,352
I brought my S500 to dance practice nowadays and gave 2 of my friends a listen. Responses had been fairly well. Considering it's not too expensive to mention the price, its a very suitable starter pair. One of them was interested and talked about this USB gaming headphones she got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back