The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,787 of 8,352
Quote:
Okay so I'm gonna go for the Clip+ or Clip Zip, which should I go for?

I believe the Clip Zip is the newer model, that's why I bought my Clip Zip.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,789 of 8,352
Quote:
Okay so I'm gonna go for the Clip+ or Clip Zip, which should I go for?

The website anythingbutipod is a good place to ask this question.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,791 of 8,352
You know a product is good as so many are recommending..I was surprised about the sound on them first time I heard them I was mighty impressed. It has a nice clean tight sound. Sounds much more high end then the price would say.

Since everyone have  clips we all should do something fun on this thread. How about Clip n HA-S500 night..So you guys that have them with clips and E11 we all listen at the same time and then we report back. Anyone game? We will pick one day and everyone get your HA-S500 on with what ever mod pads with a clip. Anyone? 

Better yet I will wait till you get your clip and then I will pick a day for this. Who's in.? Just get one Gee.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #1,792 of 8,352
Quote:
You know a product is good as so many are recommending..I was surprised about the sound on them first time I heard them I was mighty impressed. It has a nice clean tight sound. Sounds much more high end then the price would say.

Since everyone have  clips we all should do something fun on this thread. How about Clip n HA-S500 night..So you guys that have them with clips and E11 we all listen at the same time and then we report back. Anyone game? We will pick one day and everyone get your HA-S500 on with what ever mod pads with a clip. Anyone? 

Better yet I will wait till you get your clip and then I will pick a day for this. Who's in.? Just get one Gee.

My ears are burning, sorry to keep harping this but a rockboxed clip+ with a setting of volume to -13, bass to 10  and treble to 2, the S500s sounds like sex!!! Don't know if you tried it yet rick, since you seemed to be having problems putting rockbox into your clip + a little while ago.  Someone try this can confirm if I am trippin' or not. LoL

Would love to participate in this clip party, and we can try different settings out to get the best sound outta this little sucka with our S500s.  I don't have any amps so I'll be going commando with only my sexy S500s. heeeeee

Anyone else in???

@gee
Get the older clip+ cuz it is fully rockboxed and it's cheaper than the newer model. BUT the most important thing of all, IT LOOKS MORE SEXY esp the white color one. It's gonna look so sweet with my upcoming white S400s. 
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,793 of 8,352
Quote:

Get the older clip+ cuz it is fully rockboxed and it's cheaper than the newer model. BUT the most important thing of all, IT LOOKS MORE SEXY esp the white color one. It's gonna look so sweet with my upcoming white S400s. 
cool.gif

Haha, nice, I had exactly the same in mind.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,794 of 8,352
My ears are burning, sorry to keep harping this but a rockboxed clip+ with a setting of volume to -13, bass to 10  and treble to 2, the S500s sounds like sex!!! Don't know if you tried it yet rick, since you seemed to be having problems putting rockbox into your clip + a little while ago.  Someone try this can confirm if I am trippin' or not. LoL

Would love to participate in this clip party, and we can try different settings out to get the best sound outta this little sucka with our S500s.  I don't have any amps so I'll be going commando with only my sexy S500s. heeeeee

Anyone else in???

@gee
Get the older clip+ cuz it is fully rockboxed and it's cheaper than the newer model. BUT the most important thing of all, IT LOOKS MORE SEXY esp the white color one. It's gonna look so sweet with my upcoming white S400s.  :cool:

Yea. I rockboxed my clip. I will try that setting tomorrow since i dont got ir right now and i am watching the Ryder Cup

I am in for the ClipFest.

Clip+
Rockbox
Fiio E11

What about downloading the same songs/files so whe can use same files/songs for better reference? Maybe some1 can share a ftp file/server to up/download them?

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,795 of 8,352
Quote:

Sounds like fun. But I really don't think the E11 is necessary.....the rockboxed Clip Zip I have easily powers my S500's to deafening volumes without an additional amp, even with my files that are ReplayGained to 89db.
And speaking of deafening volumes......
Quote:
My ears are burning, sorry to keep harping this but a rockboxed clip+ with a setting of volume to -13, bass to 10  and treble to 2, the S500s sounds like sex!!!

You're going to go deaf listening to it that loud. 
basshead.gif
 I tried it just a second ago with some Crystal Method, and it's not only way too loud but too much bass, IMO. Save your poor ears buddy!

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,797 of 8,352
Quote:
Sounds like fun. But I really don't think the E11 is necessary.....the rockboxed Clip Zip I have easily powers my S500's to deafening volumes without an additional amp, even with my files that are ReplayGained to 89db.
And speaking of deafening volumes......
You're going to go deaf listening to it that loud. 
basshead.gif
 I tried it just a second ago with some Crystal Method, and it's not only way too loud but too much bass, IMO. Save your poor ears buddy!

hmmmmm, the volume is on negative "-13", not 13 (you would go deaf in 1 min on 13 haha) and the bass sounds like what I would get from the FX40s but in a bigger/ more refined version of that from my S500s.  Yeah it is kinda loud, well not really THAT loud tbh compared to the volume others listen at for sure.  Maybe the loudness settings are different on your zip compared to the clip+???

All genres of music just sounds right to me on this setting, am so diggin' the sound so much more from the rockboxed clip+ than from my ipod classic/ nano cuz it gives my S500s so much more body/ weight due to the great EQ setting as compared to the more thin sound from the iproducts. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #1,798 of 8,352
Quote:
hmmmmm, the volume is on negative "-13", not 13 (you would go deaf in 1 min on 13 haha) and the bass sounds like what I would get from the FX40s but in a bigger/ more refined version of that from my S500s.  Yeah it is kinda loud, well not really THAT loud tbh compared to the volume others listen at for sure.  Maybe the loudness settings are different on your zip compared to the clip+???

All genres of music just sounds right to me on this setting, am so diggin' the sound so much more from the rockboxed clip+ than from my ipod classic/ nano cuz it gives my S500s so much more body/ weight due to the great EQ setting as compared to the more thin sound from the iproducts. 

There is no 13 in Rockbox....the highest it goes is 6. And my files are all ReplayGained to 89db, with the pre-amp is set at 0.0. I don't know, maybe you have a pre-cut dialed in that I don't.....but -13 volume, even with the bass and treble both at 0, is still pretty loud....I wouldn't want to listen to more than a song or two at that volume.
smile.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #1,799 of 8,352
Guess I'll be skipping "Cliparty 2012" since I don't rock the clip,

I disagree on the e11. Unless the clip has some seriously superior amp circuit than the ipod touch, I find that running my E11 not for higher volume but better SQ is definitely worth 50 bucks imo.

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,800 of 8,352
Quote:
Guess I'll be skipping "Cliparty 2012" since I don't rock the clip,
I disagree on the e11. Unless the clip has some seriously superior amp circuit than the ipod touch, I find that running my E11 not for higher volume but better SQ is definitely worth 50 bucks imo.

What generation Touch do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back