The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Apr 11, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #511 of 3,535
This man has his priorities straight

She does have different priorities than me. She loves music, but is not as concerned about SQ. But when she does take a listen to my headphones she is impressed, so I figure she should have something better than cheapo earbuds. And like me she does not like iems that require deep insertion. I have tried other iems for her (EPH100 and REO), but she would quickly go back to the earbuds because she did not like sticking anything that deeply in her ears. The 650s sound like just the ticket...good sound with a shallow insertion, similar to the 850s.

In general, headphones are also very good for our marriage as we have very different taste in music
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #512 of 3,535
You have surprising self control. If I knew someone who was using 10$ bud that close to me I'd be harassing them to no end to get a better pair. Or just give them one of my older ones.

And yeah, shallow insertion is much easier to get used to. Even now, I rarely use double/triple flange tips unless the IEMs I'm listening to absolutely calls for it.

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #513 of 3,535
The FBI silver cable arrived and there seems to be a slight increase in detail and treble energy. I mostly can tell the difference since now I prefer my Zu Audio copper IC versus the silver RAL IC I was using with the stock headphone cable.

The cable is very nice looking and seems to be built to last. It seems appropriate that the 850s should have such a nice cable. Stock pictures of this cable are here:
http://headphonelounge.com/silver-iem-cables/

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #514 of 3,535
I am using my new DX90 with the FX850. The combo is stupendous is all I can say. Just amazing. Any of you guys want  THE player to match up with your FX850. Look into a DX90.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #515 of 3,535
I was afraid of this: fx850/dx90 combo super hype. It's here! Damn I bet that sounds awesome. Congrats Ds!

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #516 of 3,535
Ya this combo is off the hook..I don't know what sounds better the FX850 or the L2 using the DX90. Every time I throw on a phone using the DX90 I end up listening for hours.. I got the player around dinner time here and it is almost midnight I haven't stopped listening to the player..I thought my 2 step and DX50 was the best I have heard from the FX850 that is until I got this player..I am very content.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #518 of 3,535
  Ya this combo is off the hook..I don't know what sounds better the FX850 or the L2 using the DX90. Every time I throw on a phone using the DX90 I end up listening for hours.. I got the player around dinner time here and it is almost midnight I haven't stopped listening to the player..I thought my 2 step and DX50 was the best I have heard from the FX850 that is until I got this player..I am very content.
ksc75smile.gif

crap!!!
I NEVER SAW THIS I NEVER SAW THIS I NEVER SAW THIS..... *self-hypnosis*

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #519 of 3,535
Hi,

I am new here, but nevertheless I have been reading this forum a lot. So I thought it would be good time to register. I ordered the JVC FX850 yesterday after reading pages and pages of this thread, so hopefully I will be not disappointed with these IEMs.

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #520 of 3,535
Hi,

I am new here, but nevertheless I have been reading this forum a lot. So I thought it would be good time to register. I ordered the JVC FX850 yesterday after reading pages and pages of this thread, so hopefully I will be not disappointed with these IEMs.

Welcome to Head-Fi! The FX850 is a superb instrument. The overall balance and bass control improves noticeably over the first hundred hours or so of play time.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #521 of 3,535
As a matter of fact it all started with search of new IEMs in January. I intended to buy Yamaha EPH-100 but due dealer did not have these in stock as first claimed I started looking elsewhere and ended up buying JVC FXD80. They sounded fantastic. For example Bowies Moonage Daydreams mids where impressive. But somehow some dark spirit started to whisper in my ear:"perhaps there are something more impressive..." And now I have ended up with punch of great IEMs on my desk: FXT90, Grado gr10, Vsonic gr01 and gr07, FXZ100 and 200, Sony XBA-H3 and now waiting for these new babies :D Crazy I know. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #522 of 3,535
Wow nice collection!!

I'd love a quick comparison of all your headphones, once the 850 is received, if you have time!
I'm trying to figure out the next upgrade from my ASG 1.2 and the market has been flooded with new additions recently!

Quote:
  As a matter of fact it all started with search of new IEMs in January. I intended to buy Yamaha EPH-100 but due dealer did not have these in stock as first claimed I started looking elsewhere and ended up buying JVC FXD80. They sounded fantastic. For example Bowies Moonage Daydreams mids where impressive. But somehow some dark spirit started to whisper in my ear:"perhaps there are something more impressive..." And now I have ended up with punch of great IEMs on my desk: FXT90, Grado gr10, Vsonic gr01 and gr07, FXZ100 and 200, Sony XBA-H3 and now waiting for these new babies :D Crazy I know. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #524 of 3,535
From my understanding of looking at reviews, the Ostry KC06 is more of a neutral IEM as opposed to my preference for a bass-head IEM.

Quote:
^ look at the ostry kc06 :wink::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back