The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #12,196 of 22,478
It usually don't have a problem on my speaker amp. But with the headphone amp. Sometimes it will take awhile for the left cup to sound normal. It's not every time. Only occurs after I stopped using the headphone for awhile

Send it back to Abyss. They will repair it for u. Similar issue has happened to some of us. Supposedly from a faulty connection.

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #12,200 of 22,478
Will they still fix it after warranty expires? It's just over a year but I don't mind paying them money to get it to work properly

Mine was under warranty. But it took two months to get it back.

I'm sure they will fix it for you, just whether they will charge you for it.

I guess you didn't apply for the extended warranty online too? Which extends it up to 3 years?

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #12,201 of 22,478
Mine was under warranty. But it took two months to get it back.

I'm sure they will fix it for you, just whether they will charge you for it.

I guess you didn't apply for the extended warranty online too? Which extends it up to 3 years?

I actually bought it here not long ago. So it was not a new headphone, the original owner claimed he bought it last year. I'm not sure how the transfer of ownership works. All I have is the original seller's name.

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #12,202 of 22,478
I actually bought it here not long ago. So it was not a new headphone, the original owner claimed he bought it last year. I'm not sure how the transfer of ownership works. All I have is the original seller's name.

Hmm I guess next logical step is to email them, tell them the problem, and at the same time find out if a) the warranty was extended by the original owner, and b) if the warranty is transferable.

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #12,203 of 22,478

Abyss allows a one time warranty transfer, but the original owner would have to initiate the request w/ invoice. There is more info on their warranty page.

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #12,207 of 22,478
I tried to contact the original seller here weeks ago but the seller never responded, I wonder if the sales receipt I got on paypal here will do the work.

Good luck man. Sorry, I don't know if they have a number to call. Thankfully I managed to go thru my local dealer for the fix.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #12,208 of 22,478
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Oct 1, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #12,209 of 22,478
Abyss allows a one time warranty transfer, but the original owner would have to initiate the request w/ invoice. There is more info on their warranty page.
ABYSS® Headphone Warranty Information
Abyss Headphone Warranty

Warranty Information- Headphones
To apply for an extended warranty on your brand new ABYSS Headphones, CLICK HERE.
Abyss Headphones are designed and built in the USA to a very high standard of quality. Abyss Headphones warrants your new headphone set to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase from an authorized dealer or agent of Abyss Headphones. This is the Standard Warranty.

If purchased brand new, never used, current stock from an authorized Abyss Headphone agent, as an original owner you are eligible to apply for a three (3) year Extended Warranty by registering online on the Abyss-Headphones.com Product Registration page. In order to apply, you must register within 90 days of purchase date. It is recommended to apply for your Extended Warranty immediately after purchase. Application subject to approval. Dealer demo's or previously used products are not eligible for the extended warranty.

Proof of your Extended Warranty will be sent via email and be kept on record at Abyss Headphones. You must have the original Proof of Purchase from an authorized dealer or agent and be the person who registered for the extended warranty in order to claim any warranty status past the original one year. As the original Owner you may invoke a ONE TIME transfer of such upon sale of your Abyss Headphone to another by contacting Abyss headphones directly.

When purchasing a previously owned (used) Abyss Headphone product, the standard one year warranty follows the headphone set. The original purchase receipt from the original first owner is required as proof of purchase for any warranty claim. The original Owner must contact Abyss Headphones at the time of sale and provide us with the name and email address of the new owner so we may contact them regarding transfer of the extended warranty, if any.

An Abyss Headphone dealer or agent has no obligation to any warranty of a product they did not sell to you. Contact Abyss Headphones directly with any warranty issues if your purchase was not made with an authorized dealer.

The warranty covers only the cost to repair the headphone or included accessory. The warranty does not cover shipping, insurance, fees, duties, taxes, or loss or damage of any kind. Leather components such as ear pads are considered wear items and may from time to time require replacement. Any finished surface may scratch or mar do to abrasion. Wear and tear on the leathers or finish is not covered under any warranty. Use of faulty or improper ancillary equipment, abuse or physical damage, is not covered under any warranty. Tampering with or any modification to the headphone or included accessory by an unauthorized person resulting in the need of parts or service is not covered under any warranty.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #12,210 of 22,478
Aww, I'm a little sad about the lukewarm opinions of the HPA4 on here. I quite like it with the TC. The treble is lovely, as is the bass. Relaxed, yet clean and detailed. Very wide soundstage. Though not as deep as the best solid state amps.

Having said that, after several months with it now, I'm beginning to think of the HPA4 as a "nice to have" but also as a "non-essential".

🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back