The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #22,411 of 22,449
I'm gonna be selling my WA33 EE JPS to buy something else. I'm gonna be posting a classified ad soon, but if anybody is interested pm me
Going to be weird not seeing it in your sig!

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #22,412 of 22,449
I'm gonna be selling my WA33 EE JPS to buy something else. I'm gonna be posting a classified ad soon, but if anybody is interested pm me
DAAAYYUUMMMM.
Tell us, what did spark your interest?

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #22,413 of 22,449
DAAAYYUUMMMM.
Tell us, what did spark your interest?
I dunno really. I just want to try something new. I love my WA33 EE JPS, but I keep hearing about the Primavera and it's getting rave reviews. It's just time to try something new. I've been getting a little bored with my setup. I want to see if I can get something a little more tubey. Or, I'm thinking I just might throw a very nice tube pre-amp in front of my CFA3.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #22,414 of 22,449
I dunno really. I just want to try something new. I love my WA33 EE JPS, but I keep hearing about the Primavera and it's getting rave reviews. It's just time to try something new. I've been getting a little bored with my setup. I want to see if I can get something a little more tubey. Or, I'm thinking I just might throw a very nice tube pre-amp in front of my CFA3.

E N V Y ?
I would LOVE for you to join our club!
Are you into tube rolling / have some tubes already?
I know i know, the Envy will be probably too cheap for you, huehuehue...
But it has the (probably) best 300B tube there is: Elrog TM.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #22,415 of 22,449
E N V Y ?
I would LOVE for you to join our club!
Are you into tube rolling / have some tubes already?
I know i know, the Envy will be probably too cheap for you, huehuehue...
But it has the (probably) best 300B tube there is: Elrog TM.
People get mad at me when I say this, but I heard the Envy at CanJam and didn't like it. I haven't heard the Primavera, so it would be a blind buy. Part of me wants to get out of tubes completely too. I don't know what to do really just yet. I have a lot of decisions to make...hahaha

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #22,416 of 22,449
People get mad at me when I say this, but I heard the Envy at CanJam and didn't like it. I haven't heard the Primavera, so it would be a blind buy. Part of me wants to get out of tubes completely too. I don't know what to do really just yet. I have a lot of decisions to make...hahaha
Ehhh, happens. Envy without upgraded 300B's is not that magnificent.
There's the Armageddon, that's a brand new TOTL amp, no idea about it though.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #22,417 of 22,449
I might just start over with everything. New dac, new amp. It's just time for a change. I should get good money for my WA33 EE JPS and all of the tons of tubes and backup tubes I have for it. Then I'll get some pretty good money for my modded mDAVE. That should be enough to buy something magnificent. I'm also detoxing at the moment, so it could be my withdrawal brain speaking :beyersmile:

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #22,418 of 22,449
Now, my CFA3 just broke :triportsad:

I'm gonna have to buy the Primavera before selling my WA33 EE JPS. I can't be without an amp. I'm not listening straight out of my modded mDAVE, but I guess I could temporarily :thinking:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #22,419 of 22,449
Now, my CFA3 just broke :triportsad:

I'm gonna have to buy the Primavera before selling my WA33 EE JPS. I can't be without an amp. I'm not listening straight out of my modded mDAVE, but I guess I could temporarily :thinking:
Please tell more. What happened?

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #22,420 of 22,449
Please tell more. What happened?
I was trying my Valkyria out of it and then I started hearing loud buzzing. I thought it was my headphones, but I tried them out of my wa33 and no buzzing. The buzzing out of the CFA3 is pretty loud. I tried taking out the XLRs in the back and putting them in again. I tried low gain and high gain and the buzzing remained. Something is just very wrong :triportsad:

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #22,421 of 22,449
I was trying my Valkyria out of it and then I started hearing loud buzzing. I thought it was my headphones, but I tried them out of my wa33 and no buzzing. The buzzing out of the CFA3 is pretty loud. I tried taking out the XLRs in the back and putting them in again. I tried low gain and high gain and the buzzing remained. Something is just very wrong :triportsad:
What about 1266 TC out of CFA3? Any buzzing?

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #22,422 of 22,449

That sucks. Dukai stands behind his work so I am sure he will get it fixed - round trip cost and the wait are the downside.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #22,423 of 22,449
That sucks. Dukai stands behind his work so I am sure he will get it fixed - round trip cost and the wait are the downside.
He also is great at remotely helping to troubleshoot and directing how to repair. He helped me repair something on mine through a bunch of PMs with photos.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #22,424 of 22,449
What about 1266 TC out of CFA3? Any buzzing?
I loaned my TCs to Danacables so they could make a new cable. I get them back this week. I'll check then

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #22,425 of 22,449
to whoever is interested, Oratory1990 released/updated his Abyss TC eq settings recently (2 weeks ago). can be found on AutoEq github.

I'm really liking what it's doing for vocals and the top end. might find it a bit sharp at first, especially with pads at 9 and 3 o'clock, but at 10 and 2 it sounds fab. the low end is cleaned up a lot and makes it seem like it extends down even further.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back