The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #22,022 of 22,596
I have both - not sure about construction, but Diana SC is a lot thinner and more flexible as a consequence.
Ok so there’s indeed a difference, thanks! Was thinking I could reterminate Diana SC

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #22,023 of 22,596
Subbed, have wa33 elite coming which puts 1266 tc in play and order upgrade cable as well. probably happen Black Friday, boxing week sales….

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #22,024 of 22,596
Subbed, have wa33 elite coming which puts 1266 tc in play and order upgrade cable as well. probably happen Black Friday, boxing week sales….
Congrats :beerchug:

It’s one of the best combos in all of headphones, perhaps even the best.

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #22,026 of 22,596
Damn! I gotta hear these impressions
Spoiler alert: it's equal to or better than the HE-1.
wow.png
rejoice.png

(I'm stealing smilies from another forum I participate in)

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #22,027 of 22,596
Just bought a 1266. Can't even believe it.

To actually own this headphone that's been like the Holy Grail. I've read this thread, looking for info. My Diana TC is going NOWHERE (never felt so close to music). And neither is my V2 (so much fun, and given a new lease of life with suede bass ported pads).

Sorry that's all! But a big thank you to contributors in this thread. I've learned a lot already about amps and inputs etc with the Hugo TT2 which I'll be using for the forseeable future. A tube amp is in the future next year sometime. For now, I've got more than enough to get on with :)

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #22,028 of 22,596

To actually own this headphone that's been like the Holy Grail. I've read this thread, looking for info. My Diana TC is going NOWHERE (never felt so close to music). And neither is my V2 (so much fun, and given a new lease of life with suede bass ported pads).

Sorry that's all! But a big thank you to contributors in this thread. I've learned a lot already about amps and inputs etc with the Hugo TT2 which I'll be using for the forseeable future. A tube amp is in the future next year sometime. For now, I've got more than enough to get on with :)
Pretty much what I did, different oder, same effect. Tube amp first, then 1266, then dac. Have TT1 since 2015. tho it could be next year for dac upgrade. Looking to msb premier but that’s used car prices…..

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #22,029 of 22,596
Pretty much what I did, different oder, same effect. Tube amp first, then 1266, then dac. Have TT1 since 2015. tho it could be next year for dac upgrade. Looking to msb premier but that’s used car prices…..
My DAC upgrade will probably be the Playback Designs MPD-8 or MSB Premire. So I know what you mean.

That Grimm Audio MU2 looks interesting.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #22,030 of 22,596

would love to hear your impressions of diana tc vs 1266 tc.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #22,031 of 22,596
would love to hear your impressions of diana tc vs 1266 tc.
Will definitely post impressions. Would be nice to contribute a little. I've been lurking on this thread for so long!

Shout out to Simone in Italy for the Classified sale. I'm going to be standing at my window for the next few days until I see. UPS truck come.

FWIW to anyone reading this who's unsure, the Diana TC with Hugo TT2 is incredible. Cannot wait to get a 1266 involved with OK Computer and some Tool 🔥

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #22,032 of 22,596
The 1266 TC is miles better than the Diana in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

The loose fitting may have something to do with it, but the Diana did not impress me at all. I also did not like the Diana closed I heard at Can Jam. It is what it is 🤷‍♂️

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #22,033 of 22,596
The 1266 TC is miles better than the Diana in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

The loose fitting may have something to do with it, but the Diana did not impress me at all. I also did not like the Diana closed I heard at Can Jam. It is what it is 🤷‍♂️
If 1266 TC is at least on par with Susvara in terms of resolution/detail, then it exceeds the Diana TC by a good bit.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #22,034 of 22,596
If 1266 TC is at least on par with Susvara in terms of resolution/detail, then it exceeds the Diana TC by a good bit.
The TC has better detail in my opinion. The Sus is laid back, so it blunts the resolution a bit.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #22,035 of 22,596
Yeah, the form of all Diana's is something i can't wrap my head around (or vice versa, lol).
I may suffer from "big head syndrom", but i never had the feeling that any of those models fit me particularly well or that the pads sealed as they (probably) should.
No matter how i rotated the pads, i think there was always a gap below my ears. I didn't try it for more than a few minutes though, only heard them at a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back