The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #16,261 of 22,511
I love Parcels. They do a song with Kraak & Smaak that is really lovely.

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #16,262 of 22,511
If you like to bass it ...

Joe at Abyss mentioned how rental cars invariably have the bass turned up to max. This kind of song does that. I usually play at polite levels when I drive, but this is an exception.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #16,264 of 22,511
Hi, has anyone upgraded to the 1266 TC Phi from the Diana Phi? I have the Diana Phi now which I love but am curious if it's a "worthwhile" upgrade to make? Thanks!
All Abyss paths lead to the 1266 TC.

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #16,266 of 22,511
I've heard it mention that the Diana Phi has similar-ish qualities to the 1266 which begs the question whether i should resist the temptation or let it take over
Unfortunately.. I think that was only true in the past.. before the TC driver was available.

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #16,267 of 22,511
Hi, has anyone upgraded to the 1266 TC Phi from the Diana Phi? I have the Diana Phi now which I love but am curious if it's a "worthwhile" upgrade to make? Thanks!
Even though I only had Diana V2, I would consider AB-1266 a significant upgrade in terms of comfort and build quality. Maybe I am in minority here, but I didn't like how Diana fit on my head, whereas AB-1266 fits just perfect. Others have commented on the sonic fidelity, I wanted to add a comment on the headphone body itself.

Jun 3, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #16,269 of 22,511
Even though I only had Diana V2, I would consider AB-1266 a significant upgrade in terms of comfort and build quality. Maybe I am in minority here, but I didn't like how Diana fit on my head, whereas AB-1266 fits just perfect. Others have commented on the sonic fidelity, I wanted to add a comment on the headphone body itself.
Thanks, i've initially had some comfort issues before switching to the DMS modded-pads on the Diana which helped improved it. Just alot of pressure on my temples

Jun 3, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #16,270 of 22,511
Thanks, i've initially had some comfort issues before switching to the DMS modded-pads on the Diana which helped improved it. Just alot of pressure on my temples
Same here, my temples were sore after a couple of minutes wearing Dianas. Interestingly enough, Abyss had a revision on Dianas and that's why they are no longer offering DMS modded pads. They have changed the angle a bit so that it puts less pressure on your temple, but now with that change, the headphone was a bit too loose on my head. I had both versions (old loaner demo and new model I purchased), but never tried DMS modded pads. This being said, AB-1266 fits perfectly, I am wearing it 8+ hours a day and no pain whatsoever. Maybe my neck is a bit sore if I do not move, as the headphone is heavier than Diana. But if you have ever tried LCD4, it is not even close in discomfort, haha. Worth mentioning is that I wear glasses and no issue there, they fit no problem.

Jun 3, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #16,271 of 22,511
I've heard it mention that the Diana Phi has similar-ish qualities to the 1266 which begs the question whether i should resist the temptation or let it take over
Unfortunately.. I think that was only true in the past.. before the TC driver was available.
The driver of the Diana Phi is based on the TC driver:

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #16,273 of 22,511
The driver of the Diana Phi is based on the TC driver:

Diana Phi is based on the original 1266 Phi driver, not the TC driver. In the video it says "based on 1266" but does not specify the TC. Having owned all three, this fits with my experience.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #16,275 of 22,511
Diana Phi is based on the original 1266 Phi driver, not the TC driver. In the video is says "based on 1266" but does not specify the TC. Having owned all three, this fits with my experience.
Ok. Since this video is comparing TC and Diana Phi, I read that to mean based on the TC driver. Happy to accept your view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back