The Interconnect and Power Cable Thread.
Apr 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #76 of 131
im using harmonic technology fantasy AC10 power cables for the dac /preamp and amp - power cord is about $200 each used
for interconnects im using soundsilver trilogy II Cu interconnects  approx $129 1m pair 

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #79 of 131
Dear friends my experience with cable interconnect is simple and at no cost.... I replace the schiit interconnect with a Morrow cable interconnect....I must say that it was night and day .... the soundstage was improved without any doubt possible , the clarity, the details, and the body of sound....I have bought the least expansive ma1 Morrow cable.... it was one of my best move in audio.... Best regards

p.s.  My own ears listen to the break in process .... i cross hell crap sound to the peak of heaven....

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #80 of 131
Cable Inventory

Virtual Dynamics Master Series RCA interconnects
Electra Glide Audio Reference Glide-Reference Standard "Fatboy" Power Cord
Electra Glide Audio Epiphany X2 Power Cord

Nice to see an interconnect and power-cord thread here. I feel it is really amp dependent on PCs. Some amps respond some don't. Some do a little, some do a lot.

I saw a really cool device made where you could match RCA connectors male and female then connect to a mini plug essentially connecting a device with a mini plug into an amp with no power cord at all. I have found a place to buy the parts so it is a new project. I call it the interconnect less interconnect.

I started borrowing different interconnects and testing them, not thinking they could make a difference but in the end they do. (sometimes:D) LOL

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #81 of 131
Cable Inventory

Virtual Dynamics Master Series RCA interconnects
Electra Glide Audio Reference Glide-Reference Standard "Fatboy" Power Cord
Electra Glide Audio Epiphany X2 Power Cord

Nice to see an interconnect and power-cord thread here. I feel it is really amp dependent on PCs. Some amps respond some don't. Some do a little, some do a lot.

I saw a really cool device made where you could match RCA connectors male and female then connect to a mini plug essentially connecting a device with a mini plug into an amp with no power cord at all. I have found a place to buy the parts so it is a new project. I call it the interconnect less interconnect.

I started borrowing different interconnects and testing them, not thinking they could make a difference but in the end they do. (sometimes:D) LOL

I think that its a good point....The quality of amping will play a big role....but i have a good system, not at all very high end and too costly and the difference are not subtle but very clear.... best regards

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #82 of 131
The best thing I did to improve my sound quality was to move my stereo to another room and away from my TV, X-box, DVD, home theater amp, computer, powered speakers, and satellite box!!  
wink_face.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #83 of 131
Richard51,

My experience is similar to yours. After doing quite of bit of research, I replaced all of my standard and existing interconnects with the Morrow cables, and I could not be happier with the decision.....to the point that I have stopped looking further for better cables. I instead focus on the OpAmp and tube rolling for the Maverick Audio D2 DAC, and the Bob Latino VTA ST-120....and speaker cables for the Thiels. These give more noticeable sonic changes IMHO.

I went with the Morrow DIG1 digital interconnects to feed the D2, and added two pairs of MA1 analog interconnects from Morrow Audio to drive the Magni headphone and ST-120 amps. The price to performance is utterly ridiculous, ultimate combined costs for all 3 pairs was just a little over $110. This is of course is with their discounted prices, which they run all of the time.

For example they have one meter pairs of the MA1 analog interconnects for 50% discount at $29.98 on sale as I right this, in MY opinion one of the great values in audio. Here is the link for anyone wanting to look into them http://www.morrowaudio.com/ma1interconnect.htm

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #84 of 131
......uhhhhh that would be "write" this, ah all of that higher education down the drain!

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #85 of 131
  Richard51,

My experience is similar to yours. After doing quite of bit of research, I replaced all of my standard and existing interconnects with the Morrow cables, and I could not be happier with the decision.....to the point that I have stopped looking further for better cables. I instead focus on the OpAmp and tube rolling for the Maverick Audio D2 DAC, and the Bob Latino VTA ST-120....and speaker cables for the Thiels. These give more noticeable sonic changes IMHO.

I went with the Morrow DIG1 digital interconnects to feed the D2, and added two pairs of MA1 analog interconnects from Morrow Audio to drive the Magni headphone and ST-120 amps. The price to performance is utterly ridiculous, ultimate combined costs for all 3 pairs was just a little over $110. This is of course is with their discounted prices, which they run all of the time.

For example they have one meter pairs of the MA1 analog interconnects for 50% discount at $29.98 on sale as I right this, in MY opinion one of the great values in audio. Here is the link for anyone wanting to look into them http://www.morrowaudio.com/ma1interconnect.htm

Dear VThookie83,
I understand you perfectly....The difference is audible and surprizing.....I am curious to have your impressions of the DG1...
Its an optical cable... zero -one, zero-0ne... I am sceptic for digital cable difference interconnection... Do you think that only  the DG1 made a difference ? i am convinced for the Ma1 interconnect , and partake your impressions, but Have you made an experience? is the DG1 only made a difference? thanks for your opinion.... best regards

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #86 of 131
Richard51,

Let me say that I am one who believes that cables (yes even digital coax cables) DO make a difference in the listening experience.....and I do have a degree in engineering, so I understand the science that would suggest that there is no difference in them. But I am not going to go into too much detail here, lest the thread degrade with the pro and con posts. For me there was a subtle sonic improvement from the DIG1s.

Was this improvement as great as that seen from the addition of the MA1s? from the tube or OpAmp upgrades in the Maverick D2? from the tube or capacitor upgrades in the ST-120? from the Vampire Wire or Anti-Cables speaker wire? or from an electronic component upgrade?.....definitely not.

Was this improvement on a par with the upgrade to the Volex 17604 power cables? with the addition of a better equipment stand (no metal)? with installing a better power strip? with re-routing cables so that they did not lay across or cross each other?.....absolutely. And taken in whole, all of those subtle changes added up to a much more noticeable change.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #87 of 131
  Richard51,

Let me say that I am one who believes that cables (yes even digital coax cables) DO make a difference in the listening experience.....and I do have a degree in engineering, so I understand the science that would suggest that there is no difference in them. But I am not going to go into too much detail here, lest the thread degrade with the pro and con posts. For me there was a subtle sonic improvement from the DIG1s.

Was this improvement as great as that seen from the addition of the MA1s? from the tube or OpAmp upgrades in the Maverick D2? from the tube or capacitor upgrades in the ST-120? from the Vampire Wire or Anti-Cables speaker wire? or from an electronic component upgrade?.....definitely not.

Was this improvement on a par with the upgrade to the Volex 17604 power cables? with the addition of a better equipment stand (no metal)? with installing a better power strip? with re-routing cables so that they did not lay across or cross each other?.....absolutely. And taken in whole, all of those subtle changes added up to a much more noticeable change.

Thank you for your kind explanation and opinion.... i will definitevely try the DG1....I have ask my question not for  debating but out of my ignorance and i appreciate your experience and reply.... best regards to you

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #88 of 131
Richard51,

Your question was absolutely fine, it's just that I have seen many other threads hijacked by those who will say that cables make no sonic difference versus those that say they do make a difference.....and back and forth it goes. Instead of letting each determine for themselves, they seem bent on convincing everyone that their opinion is correct.

For me cables do make a noticeable repeatable difference (some more than others), and upgrading cables makes sense to me. However to others they make no difference at all, and to spend money on cables for them would be a waste of time and resources. That's what is terrific about this hobby we love, we all have to find what sounds best to us.....and if we're lucky (as I have been) we'll find some great people to guide us along the way with good information.

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #89 of 131
  Richard51,

Your question was absolutely fine, it's just that I have seen many other threads hijacked by those who will say that cables make no sonic difference versus those that say they do make a difference.....and back and forth it goes. Instead of letting each determine for themselves, they seem bent on convincing everyone that their opinion is correct.

For me cables do make a noticeable repeatable difference (some more than others), and upgrading cables makes sense to me. However to others they make no difference at all, and to spend money on cables for them would be a waste of time and resources. That's what is terrific about this hobby we love, we all have to find what sounds best to us.....and if we're lucky (as I have been) we'll find some great people to guide us along the way with good information.

I like your voice and tolerance.... Thanks....

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #90 of 131
If possibly by chance or true audio fate, when the time is right more will be revealed as to the nature and perception of sound reproduction. Cables make a difference when certain perimeters are in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back