The Interconnect and Power Cable Thread.
Jul 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #91 of 131
Just a thought . . .

Some want to believe that high-end cables (expensive) cables don't make a difference, then logically cheap cables shouldn't make a difference either, right?  There are lots of cables for under $10 at Monoprice! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #92 of 131
for me i decided the problem will be solved if i listen two different cable.... i am an old guy but i am a newbie in this hobby.... i listen schiit cable interconnect and a translucent cable and a radio schack cable and finally a Morrow cable.... The difference between some were night and day....this is enough to made my opinion.... But is the investment of thousand dollars necessary? its depend on the element quality of the chain and the synergy of each of this element.... the price of the cable is not the only factor ....

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #93 of 131
for me i decided the problem will be solved if i listen two different cable.... i am an old guy but i am a newbie in this hobby.... i listen schiit cable interconnect and a translucent cable and a radio schack cable and finally a Morrow cable.... The difference between some were night and day....this is enough to made my opinion.... But is the investment of thousand dollars necessary? its depend on the element quality of the chain and the synergy of each of this element.... the price of the cable is not the only factor ....

My friend lent me some solid silver wire interconnects. So unpacking my amp for the first time I used the borrowed cables and the sound was very treble and hard to pinpoint the sound-stage details. I ended up switching back to my $20 monster cables and kept using them for a year. So on first try the expensive cables sounded worse. I figure that silver is a bright sound and copper is a warm sound? The silver cables were just too bright.

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #94 of 131
My friend lent me some solid silver wire interconnects. So unpacking my amp for the first time I used the borrowed cables and the sound was very treble and hard to pinpoint the sound-stage details. I ended up switching back to my $20 monster cables and kept using them for a year. So on first try the expensive cables sounded worse. I figure that silver is a bright sound and copper is a warm sound? The silver cables were just too bright.

i had the same experience with stock cable for hifiman he 400 and another cable for the hifiman he 500... question of taste and synergy... My best experience to date was Morrow interconnect, this cable for a ridiculous price(29 dollars)made  a big difference for me in the details of the sound ....

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #95 of 131
i had the same experience with stock cable for hifiman he 400 and another cable for the hifiman he 500... question of taste and synergy... My best experience to date was Morrow interconnect, this cable for a ridiculous price(29 dollars)made  a big difference for me in the details of the sound ....

It is whatever works I think. Price low cost of high cost is irrelevant as it's based on synergy only. I am a sucker for wanting to try new stuff.

Like what about those cables that are a thin sheet of copper inside plastic bags. They look like the wind could break them coming in from an open window? Lol still I want to try em.:p

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #96 of 131
Redcarmoose,

Mapleshades makes cables with ribbons of copper in some cables, and thin copper wire strands in others.....very well thought of and well reviewed as well. I've never used them, but thought about it until I came across the Morrows. A link is here http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/departments.asp?dept=86

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #97 of 131
I'm shopping for some RCA interconnects and came across VH Audio which is somewhere in Wisconsin.  I ordered their Pulsar 24 AWG shielded solid OCC silver cable and some WBT 210 silver RCA sockets for a new amp, but now I'm thinking about getting their Pulsar interconnects that use the same cable and WBT plugs.  It looks like they know what they are doing.  I'm glad I found them.  You can check out VH Audio here.

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #98 of 131
Jul 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #99 of 131
Late to the party in this thread but I did try a few cable suggestions. Cabledyne and Morrow, both priced fair. In my case power cords and XLR interconnects. The build quality of the Cabledyne is excellent and better than Morrow. Sonic wise Morrow was edgier and soundstage more vague. Cabledyne sharper focus and better depth. Results varied by placement between DAC and power amp and preamp. I kept the Cabledynes. I was most impressed with the Cabledyne power cords that most folks seem to like in this Forum. Anyway, JMO and FWIW.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #100 of 131
 Recently purchased two of Patrick Cullens crossover PC's for my W4S Dac 1 and STI500 was very pleased w/ the results. So, out of curiosity I emailed Patrick to see if he made crossover IC's and SC as they are not on the Cullen website and sure enough he does make them. I ordered a pair of balanced crossover IC's and I am absolutely thrilled w/ these IC's.. I have been listening to music for days now. They are just so right! totally balanced and all instruments get there full measure. Strings are sweet and horns have just the right brassiness,  bass is extended and quick.I have no affiliation w/ Cullen Cable just a happy customer. I will be returning to Cullen Cable to try Patrick's SC when I scrape up the cash,but right now I'm gonna listen to more tunes

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #102 of 131
Just wanted to add my experience with my new interconnects since it's literally the first time in my life that I really hear a difference between cables of any kind.  I got the Atlas Cable Element Integra RCA's, 0,5m long, for connecting a Musical Fidelity M1DAC into the Schiit Asgard 2, powering the Beyerdynamic T1's.  I really DO hear a difference clearly, when using my old Bandgridge RCA cables (like 10 dollar for 2 meters) the sound is good, on it's own, nothing is missing or sticking out as an obvious fault, but with the  Atlas, the sound is so much...better tuned so to speak, everything is more defined, better separated, more precisely spaces, the music just sounds more musical, and the bass is literally a couple of levels stronger. I can connect the Atlas on left channel and Bandridge onto the right channel and play a bass heavy track, and can literally feel that the bass is stronger on the side where Atlas is connected.  It's an excellent cable for the money (50€ for 0,5m), and also happens to be the cheapest one the company makes, which makes me want to try their higher end stuff. Even this cheap one uses their patented connectors that don't use any solder.  The cable also got an award for the best cable in class for 3 years in a row by Whathifi, now I see why.   Highest recommendation. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #104 of 131
In my experience Synergistic Research make some of the best cabling
If you are in the USA better for you as the second hand prices are excellent , in Europe they seem to hold their price due to rarity 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back