The Audio Lounge
Sep 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #11,251 of 36,016
Oh, WOW..
Seriously, although I could see that the group's name was German, I had absolutely NO idea that the song was originally written in German! :-O
Time to put my 5 years* of German language learning to use!

*(of which I remember about 5 months' worth, haha)

About the same with me and French:) As for German I only had one year of that... so now, years later, I CAN count in German:)

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #11,252 of 36,016
WOD: River

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #11,255 of 36,016
Sep 17, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #11,256 of 36,016
WOD:

Danny Schmidt seems to cover all the words...

a beautiful song by Steve Wickham

another beautiful song by an old favorite.. Eric Andersen (background vocals by Joni Mitchell)

does it get any better than Leonard Cohen?

Hugh Laurie - time to wake you up now... fun live version

How many times have I listened to this album since I bought it in 1990 I wonder...
Brian Eno & John Cale

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #11,257 of 36,016
One of my favorites:

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #11,260 of 36,016
Hi guys, quick question.

With Apple dropping the included lightning to 3.5mm adaptor from their new phones, does anyone know of a third party one that offers a better DAC, or even if the official one's DAC is any good (it is only £9 to buy from them).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-i1-Amplifier-Lightning-Microphone-black/dp/B071R7DYHD

I found this offering, though was hoping for something with a smaller form factor as I'm not sure I need 0.8m of cable added to the end of my IEMs (though maybe there's a market for shorter cables there @majo123), though I do like the included microphone and controls.

Anyone got any recommendations that they know of?

Sep 18, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #11,261 of 36,016
Hi guys, quick question.

With Apple dropping the included lightning to 3.5mm adaptor from their new phones, does anyone know of a third party one that offers a better DAC, or even if the official one's DAC is any good (it is only £9 to buy from them).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-i1-Amplifier-Lightning-Microphone-black/dp/B071R7DYHD

I found this offering, though was hoping for something with a smaller form factor as I'm not sure I need 0.8m of cable added to the end of my IEMs (though maybe there's a market for shorter cables there @majo123), though I do like the included microphone and controls.

I don't use Apple phones so I can't be 100% sure, but my bro-in-law uses THIS for his iPhone and he says it works great.

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #11,262 of 36,016
Hi guys, quick question.

I don't use Apple phones so I can't be 100% sure, but my bro-in-law uses THIS for his iPhone and he says it works great.

Don't think I can help much as well as I'm not an apple user either but maybe possible to cut off connector and shorten cable / put new on or reuse original if your lucky ....i don't know much about wiring an apple connector though ? Some connectors are pressed into the wire with pins/teeth like on a ribbon cable with a pressing tool but as I said I have no experience with an apple connector so no idea if soldered or otherwise.

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #11,263 of 36,016

Thanks for that, little pricier than the FiiO one, but does allow you to charge at the same time which I like.

I keep trying to leave Apple, but everytime I go to Android I end up going back, I though the LG V30 had cracked it for me, but I'm just not getting on with it. Now that Apple don't charge a fortune for officially changing batteries I'll be sticking with the next one for a good few years now.

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #11,264 of 36,016
Don't think I can help much as well as I'm not an apple user either but maybe possible to cut off connector and shorten cable / put new on or reuse original if your lucky ....i don't know much about wiring an apple connector though ? Some connectors are pressed into the wire with pins/teeth like on a ribbon cable with a pressing tool but as I said I have no experience with an apple connector so no idea if soldered or otherwise.
Thanks for the info, was certainly interesting.

I was more thinking of cables for a shorter section 3.5mm connector to y-split on the IEMs though.

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #11,265 of 36,016
WOD:

From a movie that I love, "As I went down to the river to pray" by Alison Krauss. Delightful movie, delightful song :)

Billy Joel :D

I like this cover version

This guy again. Bit of a country style song, very nice :)

I'm not a huge fan of the Foo Fighters, but I really like a handful of their songs. This one is my hands-down favourite :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back