The Audio Lounge
Sep 10, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #3,211 of 36,128
Then again, Shanling have shown themselves recently to be a reliable manufacturer with good quality products. I sure hope TAE follows through seeing as that "new product lineup" announcement made no mention of the Icarus 1/2. Also, because I put in a tenner for that Icarus 1 :p
That's the thing, I can vouch for their older M2 and m5. Those are both wonderful pieces of machinery.

Honestly my AK 100 MK II is literally like a shanling M5 in UI.
M5 never crashed on me, never had errors playing back 24 bit flac files or even 16 bit or weird MP3 files even.

FiiO Music App whether it was x5III or x7. It had bugs that annoyed the heck out of me.

I tried playing some Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn MP3s and the x5iii choked on it and slowed down tremendously. like she had no experience in DTing.
Also cutting off first couple seconds of a song :/

not an issue with AK100 mk II.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #3,212 of 36,128
That's the thing, I can vouch for their older M2 and m5. Those are both wonderful pieces of machinery.

Honestly my AK 100 MK II is literally like a shanling M5 in UI.
M5 never crashed on me, never had errors playing back 24 bit flac files or even 16 bit or weird MP3 files even.

FiiO Music App whether it was x5III or x7. It had bugs that annoyed the heck out of me.

I tried playing some Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn MP3s and the x5iii choked on it and slowed down tremendously. like she had no experience in DTing.

not an issue with AK100 mk II.
So it appears you are one of the few who plays video games AND appreciates music? Hooray! Check out out the Destiny 2 OST, good stuff in there. I've got a few recommendations for video game OSTs if you're so inclined :D

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #3,214 of 36,128
I posted about it earlier, but Journey is easily my favorite track from the Destiny 2 OST. The other notable game OSTs that I have are the Halo 1-4 OSTs (I have the one for Halo 5, haven't gotten around to listening to it yet) and Assassin's Creed 3 and 4. Have fun!

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,217 of 36,128
The Halo soundtracks are awesome
Have you listened to the Halo 5 OST? I have it, haven't gotten around to it yet though. Lead composer worked on the Halo 4 one as well.

I love those!!
@Midgetguy thanks for extra recommendations.
No problem! Also, if you're looking for some sorta ambient kinda music, the Deux Ex Human Revolution OST provides some of that.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #3,220 of 36,128
Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Vol. 1 & 2 are good OST

Personally preferred 1 over 2 though. It helped make the movie great.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #3,222 of 36,128
Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Vol. 1 & 2 are good OST

Amen! My favourite song:

As a brief aside, at 1:37 in that song, he sings "want some, take some".

At 1:13 in the following scene from the hilarious Tropic Thunder film, the guy says "want some, get some".
It just popped into my mind the other day and I wondered if the line was based on that song lol

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #3,223 of 36,128
For any ex-Trinity crew in here, just posted my review of @JustBobski 's new offering (the R1) on my other blog:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/09/1...al-ceramicberyllium-hybrid-with-bags-of-tone/

It's a very enjoyable listen, so hoping the new start for Bob pays off and these things get out to people without any of the drama, as they are (for me) the most well balanced and enjoyable tuning he's done yet.

Will post it in Head Gear at some point, but as always, any comments/criticism etc very gratefully received.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #3,224 of 36,128
For any ex-Trinity crew in here, just posted my review of @JustBobski 's new offering (the R1) on my other blog:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/09/1...al-ceramicberyllium-hybrid-with-bags-of-tone/

It's a very enjoyable listen, so hoping the new start for Bob pays off and these things get out to people without any of the drama, as they are (for me) the most well balanced and enjoyable tuning he's done yet.

Will post it in Head Gear at some point, but as always, any comments/criticism etc very gratefully received.

Hurrah! Thanks mate, am off to read it now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back