The Audio Lounge
Jun 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #17,341 of 36,015
That's super price. I think I got that same one through amazon for about 40?

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #17,342 of 36,015
That's super price. I think I got that same one through amazon for about 40?

I bought the grey version of that cable around 2 weeks back on Amazon for around $50, so getting it for $16.50 is not bad at all. I want to say I posted about this sale back when I got my grey cable in, but I can't be 100% sure. I may or may not have posted a few links to cable deals recently, haha.

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #17,345 of 36,015
There's also This one. Would you recommend **** or Hifihear? Anyone have experienceto share? Considering I already have a brown one, might like a black if quality is comparable.

We just talked about that brand of cables the other day here, most people had good things to say. Below is my post from that convo:

They are a decent cable, mid-level build quality. I used one on my HEM4 before I sold them, never had an issue.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #17,346 of 36,015
There's also This one. Would you recommend **** or Hifihear? Anyone have experienceto share? Considering I already have a brown one, might like a black if quality is comparable.

Also, damn you, now I want to order a black cable..... :p

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #17,347 of 36,015
I don't own any aftermarket black cables (except for the ones that came with some IEMs). Might need to get some. I need some more 2-pin varieties...or just that adapter (mmcx to 2-pin).

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #17,348 of 36,015
I have a couple of the Hifihear and they are good. Solid build and quality connectors...

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #17,350 of 36,015
Ok, I was not going to upset you guys but before you all rush out to buy more and more you maybe should be made aware of a bit of a scandal brewing. It begins with a discovery about a particular brand but continues on to implicate others. Not saying the cables are not nice looking or that they sound bad... but....be careful what you pay for. I will add a couple of other links if I can find them. Or you can search for other posts by Slater or just keep reading on in the thread...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ck-cable-thread.891911/page-109#post-15000552

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #17,351 of 36,015
Ok, I was not going to upset you guys but before you all rush out to buy more and more you maybe should be made aware of a bit of a scandal brewing. It begins with a discovery about a particular brand but continues on to implicate others. Not saying the cables are not nice looking or that they sound bad... but....be careful what you pay for. I will add a couple of other links if I can find them. Or you can search for other posts by Slater or just keep reading on in the thread...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ck-cable-thread.891911/page-109#post-15000552

Funny you posted that. I was just reading about that a day or so ago and wondered if any of the current cables I have fall into that scam/fake thing...I guess it is always a chance of it happening. One thing I got to say that from the cable guys I have dealt with, Norne, Plussound and Moon Audio, never got a bad cable and all was personally assembled. You pay for that dedication and craftsmanship, and I still use most of those cables and will most likely for some time to come...what's that adage, you get what you pay for.

I am still enjoying my ISN and Hifihear cables so I guess I want both, great cables for cheap money...

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #17,352 of 36,015
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #17,353 of 36,015

Thanks, good to know. I didn't end up buying that $11 TRN I posted a bit ago, I bought the other one that @Karendar posted the link to. Maybe I'll just junk the 4 TRN cables I have sitting in bags.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #17,354 of 36,015
Thanks, good to know. I didn't end up buying that $11 TRN I posted a bit ago, I bought the **** that @Karendar posted the link to. Maybe I'll just junk the 4 TRN cables I have sitting in bags.

Don't do that .. TRN is being confronted as we speak... they may have to do something to avoid ruining their reputation. We have couple of those cables in use... they do work. The 16 core one that I was working with last night is gorgeous and really feels nice. If not all cores are connected.... well, as he suggests... look at it as a fashion accessory.

Just think of those TRN ones as 4 core not 8. Like Slater said... you can't fake a 4 core and have it work.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #17,355 of 36,015
Don't do that .. TRN is being confronted as we speak... they may have to do something to avoid ruining their reputation. We have couple of those cables in use... they do work. The 16 core one that I was working with last night is gorgeous and really feels nice. If not all cores are connected.... well, as he suggests... look at it as a fashion accessory.

Just think of those TRN ones as 4 core not 8. Like Slater said... you can't fake a 4 core and have it work.

Ok, I'll hold on to them in case they offer refunds. It's ok because they aren't currently in use. I'm using my HiFiHear/ISN cables at the moment. When my DM7 get back I'll have to decide then what to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back