The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 2, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #18,481 of 18,652
Any short audio LOD will do the trick, I guess, like the JDS Labs' ultra-short I put between my DX50 and my D14.

Hi, thanksfor the thughrs. Didn't know a line out cable will do. I do have a couple of 3.5mm to 3.5mm line out cable but my understanding is Mojo have a 3.5mm coaxial out instead of line out. Wiring of the cables on the pkug are different if I'm not wrong.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #18,482 of 18,652
Yes, as mentioned above - a normal 3.5mm to 3.5mm would do the trick.

But for me, i really looked for a 75ohm cable to use for this Coax as i want to stay in spec

But locally, i haven't seen a shop that sells coax cables with both 3.5mm plugs in that short length - so DIY is the best path (that is if you want to stay in spec)

Or if i have the time i can maybe do one for you :wink:

Thanks for the thoughts and the kind gesture, appreciate it. Always good to have passionate and helpful people around.Let's see if anything can be found before the need to take up your time.:thumbsup::smiley:

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #18,483 of 18,652
Hi, thanksfor the thughrs. I do have a couple of 3.5mm to 3.5mm line out cable but my understanding is Mojo have a 3.5mm coaxial out instead of line out. Wiring of the cables on the pkug are different if I'm not wrong.

Well, maybe I was not that clear : the audio LOD is between the SPDIF out of my DX50 and the SPDIF in of my D14. I'm using it as a digital connector — like Cotnijoe did two years ago between his DX90 and his own D14 :

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #18,485 of 18,652
Hi, thanksfor the thughrs. Didn't know a line out cable will do. I do have a couple of 3.5mm to 3.5mm line out cable but my understanding is Mojo have a 3.5mm coaxial out instead of line out. Wiring of the cables on the pkug are different if I'm not wrong.

Ideally the preferred spec is 3.5mm TS plugs. Pin out only uses the Tip and Sleeve if you'll be using TRS - just like what i did. And use a 75ohm coaxial cable.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #18,488 of 18,652
Does anyone know where to buy an extended battery cover for the DX50 or DX90? There are pictures floating around on the net and people mentioned taobao but i haven't been able to find it. Price is no object here as I really need this. Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction or might even sell it to me.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #18,489 of 18,652
  Does anyone know where to buy an extended battery cover for the DX50 or DX90? There are pictures floating around on the net and people mentioned taobao but i haven't been able to find it. Price is no object here as I really need this. Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction or might even sell it to me.

Pictures where? I haven`t seen any.

May 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #18,490 of 18,652
Hi Guys, I'm trying to connect my DX50 to Xduoo XD-05 via coax out

Is this the correct cable to use?
coax3.jpg

May 26, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #18,492 of 18,652
Good evening. I am in the market for my first non-iPod dap. I am currently between three models: fiio x5-I, cowon Plenue d, and ibasso dx50. I have really been liking the idea of the ibasso, for several reasons: 1.) not limited on storage {I just started converting my cd's to flac, and with just my electronic media, I'm at 162gb}. 2.) I like the user replaceable/swapable battery. 3.) I like the aesthetics and layout.

My questions for you all are:
1.) do you still use your dx50?
2.) would you go a different route if you could do it over again?
3.) does changing the firmware to rockbox make a significant difference? Good or bad?

Thanks!

May 26, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #18,493 of 18,652
I still use mine on a regular basis. If I were in the market for a new DAP, I'd probably get another iBasso, most likely the DX80. But on a budget, you can't go wrong with this one. I used to use Rockbox and Doc's Final Firmware, but the latest official firmware from iBasso is fantastic and sounds the best to me.

May 27, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #18,494 of 18,652
I also use mine on a regular basis. I don't see myself upgrading as long as my DX50 is working not to mention that I have found IEM's and earbuds that pair well with it. Never bothered with Rockbox and the like.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #18,495 of 18,652
Good evening. I am in the market for my first non-iPod dap. I am currently between three models: fiio x5-I, cowon Plenue d, and ibasso dx50. I have really been liking the idea of the ibasso, for several reasons: 1.) not limited on storage {I just started converting my cd's to flac, and with just my electronic media, I'm at 162gb}. 2.) I like the user replaceable/swapable battery. 3.) I like the aesthetics and layout.

My questions for you all are:
1.) do you still use your dx50?
2.) would you go a different route if you could do it over again?
3.) does changing the firmware to rockbox make a significant difference? Good or bad?

Thanks!

1. Using my DX50 (DX5X) every day. Built like a rock and looks like new using silicone case from day 1.
2. No, I actually want to buy another used DX50 and HW&FW mod that one too.
3. Rockbax makes difference but depends on which FW version is compared and I`d rather go with Doc`s FWs or Dmitry`s Sound Unlocked FW. But last DX50 FW is also very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back