The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 12, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #18,451 of 18,652
Hey everyone, after 3 summers (my holidays) of trying, I still can't get a simple playlist on my player, so I give up.  I'm selling it and moving onto this instead, which has a full Android installation (5.1.2 Lollipop), and allows you to use Google Playstore to simply download your favorite music apps to manage playlists and playback.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/pioneer-xdp-100r-review-1314550/review

Can anyone here please tell me the value of my iBasso DX50?  I've never used it (nor the $1500 amp + cans setup I bought to use it with), other than trying to get my playlists to work, which I've never been successful at. 

Thanks for the help!  Consider it up for sale if anyone wants one.  I have the storage bag, original box, and I believe a 16GB SD card in it.

Probably worth about $100-$120 USD max. Include the original box if you have it to spice up the sale photos.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #18,452 of 18,652
Hi H20Fidelity, thanks for the quick post!

Are you sure?  It's still selling (used) on Amazon for $165 as the minimum used price, on a new price of $189.  Wouldn't $150 be a more fair price here?

I guess I'll list it on Amazon at $150 first, and see how far I get with that price.  Obviously, Amazon will take a cut, but I think I could still net about $135 or so after shipping.  I never even used the thing.

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #18,453 of 18,652
  Hi H20Fidelity, thanks for the quick post!

Are you sure?  It's still selling (used) on Amazon for $165 as the minimum used price, on a new price of $189.  Wouldn't $150 be a more fair price here?

I guess I'll list it on Amazon at $150 first, and see how far I get with that price.  Obviously, Amazon will take a cut, but I think I could still net about $135 or so after shipping.  I never even used the thing.

That pricing would be for our Head-fi classfieds, on eBay you will get slightly more (but fees, for eBay etc etc..)

You can price it how you want, depends how fast you want to move it. You could put $150 wait 6-weeks for it to sell, or put $120 (lose $30) and have it gone in even a couple of days, It all depends how long you're happy to wait. What I would do in this situation is considering you've checked the use prices going on Amazon price your unit $5-$10 under every used DX50 there which will make yours more likely to sell first. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #18,454 of 18,652
OK, well I'd rather sell it here and keep building my reputation.  I already have a stellar rep on both eBay and Amazon, what I need is the same here on Head-Fi.  :wink:

I really appreciate the tips!  And since you're in the mood to help.... (hint, hint...)  could I please ask you to help me with a few more things?

I'm collecting all my older, unused audio gear in order to raise money for that expensive Pioneer thing I want.  Could you help me find prices (for Head-Fi) on the following?

a.  iPod Nano 4th Gen (the one everyone likes). Well used, but in OtterBox case since I bought it.

b.  Never used but a little scuffed Glow Audio DAC 1.3

c.  I have a SanDisk Ultra 64GB SD card, not a 16GB, it turns out.  If I include that with the DX50, and offer to throw in some cables and/or a bluetooth receiver (whatever the buyer might need), could that bump the price up a bit?

Hey, I really appreciate this, honestly.  It would take me hours to get this done on Head-Fi, and I'll be it'll take you 5 minutes if you'd be willing to help a newbie here........  (consider the favor returnable, I'm happy to help you with something if you need it. European travel advice, perhaps?)

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #18,456 of 18,652
  Here's the info on the DAC:

http://www.glow-audio.com/glow-dac-.html

What I would do in this situation is search these items on eBay (at their used price) and again, price them accordingly slightly below.

Goodluck friend! 

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #18,457 of 18,652
I already did that, but I'd rather sell them here.  Is there a way to search the "for sale" section of this site directly, to see if any of these items are listed already (or were in the past, so I can see the selling price?)  I'll try it now, but if there's a trick to it your advice could help.

Either way, thanks again for the tips!  I'll definitely try to sell everything here first.  :D

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #18,458 of 18,652
I  would buy it for sure... and modify its HW & FW... if You were located in EU 
rolleyes.gif
 I think modified DX5X is way above its price tag and "wipes floor" with those cheapo chinese DAP`s out there.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #18,459 of 18,652
I'm in the EU!  (CZ).  I'll give you free shipping, how's that?

I have a bunch of various stuff I can throw in free (cables, connections etc) and for a small extra cost (bluetooth receiver, 64GB card, etc.) and for a bit stiffer extra cost (DAC etc.) if you need.  PM me and we can talk about all that you need for it.  I don't care much about price, I'm just trying to raise money toward my Pioneer thingy my friend told me about, and build a good sales rep here.

:D

P.S.  Going to any festivals this year?  I went to 15 last summer.  Best time of my life.  Mostly in CZ, SK, and one in BE (best one, awesome!)

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #18,460 of 18,652
Ok, thanks for info. We`ll talk in PM further but note that I can`t do the deal right at the moment - I`m going to buy house soon (hopefully) and all my money goes there atm. 
Maybe next month, if Your offer is still available, I will contact and buy it from You. 

Now, lets not "trash" this thread anymore with selling stuff
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #18,463 of 18,652
  Hey everyone, after 3 summers (my holidays) of trying, I still can't get a simple playlist on my player, so I give up.  I'm selling it and moving onto this instead, which has a full Android installation (5.1.2 Lollipop), and allows you to use Google Playstore to simply download your favorite music apps to manage playlists and playback.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/pioneer-xdp-100r-review-1314550/review

Can anyone here please tell me the value of my iBasso DX50?  I've never used it (nor the $1500 amp + cans setup I bought to use it with), other than trying to get my playlists to work, which I've never been successful at. 

Thanks for the help!  Consider it up for sale if anyone wants one.  I have the storage bag, original box, and I believe a 16GB SD card in it.

Please be sure to come back and tell us how the Pioneer compares to the DX50.
I believe in the beginning of this of this thread someone found a fix for your issue above.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #18,464 of 18,652
Hey Solblack,

Well, as it turns out, the Pioneer (and it's Onkyo counterpart) both have a lot of issues reported. Fudgy stability with Android being chief among them, and that's the last thing I want to deal with, especially at that price.

So I'm looking into getting the Fiio X5 - 3rd Gen, when it becomes more widely available via Amazon. That looks like a winner, and the reviews have been stellar.

In the meantime, I'm hand coding M3U playlists for the DX50, when I get motivated enough, which is basically never. If it's not convenient, then it sucks the fun out of it for me. A pity, really. I miss listening to great music through my amp and cans, and I really made a mistake buying that player which I totally regret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back