The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 26, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #18,466 of 18,652
Hey TackyTiger, thanks for the post. I haven't tried Rockbox, because it's installation is way, way beyond my paygrade. Even the website is difficult for me to understand. Though I hear it's great. But I also heard it does nothing to address the Playlist issue.

My goal is simply to have a quality player that I can attach to my PC and download playlists to, period. Of course, that's what an iPod is. But I'm looking for a player with high end components that I can use as a source to run my amp, not something I can take with me on the go using cheaper headphones. (I already have that in my HTC One phone obviously).

I'm surprised that 16 years after the iPod was introduced, it's still unheard of that you can get a simple, quality music player outside of Apple that's easy to use with a PC music player like iTunes, MediaMonkey, etc. But the new Pioneer / Onkyo models, and especially the new Fiio X5-III are trying to address that. Here's hoping...

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #18,467 of 18,652
Are most folks still using their DX50 or have they moved on to another DAP?  I know I have never had a firmware issue with mine and still use it quite often even though I also have a Shanling M1 that I like for its size and bluetooth capability.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #18,468 of 18,652
  Are most folks still using their DX50 or have they moved on to another DAP?  I know I have never had a firmware issue with mine and still use it quite often even though I also have a Shanling M1 that I like for its size and bluetooth capability.

I still use mine - I keep it's 200GB microsd card updated with my latest music acquisitions.  I don't use it all that much, though, otherwise I'd be looking for something that plays 48K OPUS files (without resorting to Rockbox), has a better interface and DAC, and bluetooth.  I've resigned myself to the fact that firmware updates are a dead issue with this model and at this point it is what it is...or what it was.

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #18,470 of 18,652
I still use mine on a regular basis. I am reluctant to spend $300+ for something "better" so I stuck with finding the headphones/IEM/earbuds that pair best with the DX50.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #18,474 of 18,652
Last year , I think to replace my DX50 to something "better" DAP.
But I change my plan with upgrade the IEM. I bought Etymotic E4-SR.
I love the result, pair DX50 with E4-SR has one step level high SQ.
I feel like have new system(DAP).

Fyi. I tried Shure 215, Xiiomi Piston, RHA750 with Dx50 but the sound far away behind E4-SR (or XR if like bass more)

~ron~

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #18,475 of 18,652
went back to the DX50 - my very 1st DAP! - good transport option for the Mojo
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #18,479 of 18,652
Looks neat. I also have a DX50 on hand and have also recently got the Mojo. Looking out for a coaxial cable. Any good suggestion as I'm not into diy. Thanks again.

Any short audio LOD will do the trick, I guess, like the JDS Labs' ultra-short I put between my DX50 and my D14.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #18,480 of 18,652
Looks neat. I also have a DX50 on hand and have also recently got the Mojo. Looking out for a coaxial cable. Any good suggestion as I'm not into diy. Thanks again.

Yes, as mentioned above - a normal 3.5mm to 3.5mm would do the trick.

But for me, i really looked for a 75ohm cable to use for this Coax as i want to stay in spec

But locally, i haven't seen a shop that sells coax cables with both 3.5mm plugs in that short length - so DIY is the best path (that is if you want to stay in spec)

Or if i have the time i can maybe do one for you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back