The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 23, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #11,626 of 18,652
On first question, they are working on the software so it and the DX90 will do this. And the next, I don't know. 

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "output music via usb". I know they are working on both being able to function as usb dacs but I don't think they are working on making it at usb source

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #11,627 of 18,652
I have both X3 and DX50. IMO they sound nothing similar to each other. To me, DX50 takes the upper hand.

X3 is darn good a player for its price. The sound is geared towards the warmer side of things with slight emphasis on mid bass which can be distracting at times. Vocals seem to take a front standing too. Very nice vocals here. Details and separation is there, but not in your face. I would say it's slightly laid back or take a back seat compared to the vocals. Treble has a very smooth presentation which is portrayed as laid back and relaxing too. In general, X3 is non fatiguing. Black or dark background is superb on X3. Probably the player may gain another step with the next release of its firmware in March? Will have to wait and see..

DX50 has got better transparency and clarity. Mids, details and separation as opposed to X3 is more prominent. Vocals isn't as upfront, but very engaging too. Seems to me that the soundstage is wider as well. Lows focus more on sub bass and is much tighter and more controlled. Treble as compared to X3 is definitely more present but very smooth as well. Coupled with the latest firmware, it's a winner in my book.

Overall, both X3 and DX50 has a different sound signature and shares more differences than similarities.
smily_headphones1.gif

i agree. i purchased both. the x3 gathered dust as soon as my dx50 was delivered a few months back. preferred the dx50 sound overall. the build quality and was just the icing. still got the dx50 and sold the x3 a month ago.

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #11,629 of 18,652
^^ I would agree with most everything that you've said. I would give somewhat more of an edge to the dx50 overall. I owned the x3 for several months before recently getting the dx50, so the signature of the x3 was firmly painted in my memory. There is resolution and transparency that the x3 just can't match. The vocals are natural without graininess. And the dynamics and great even at lower listening levels, which is a bonus for me given this is where I do most of my listening. 

The sub bass on the dx50 is tighter, more textured and digs very deep. Just an outstanding player overall. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #11,630 of 18,652
I do not want to spend money for a video or something else. I want just a quality sound. Sansa clip-z is a sound quality close to dx50?
I have a cowon c2 and Galaxy s3 and I do not like the sound of the cowon c2., I want to sound clean and clear and detailed with good soundtage
By the way I ordered the dunu dn1000

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #11,632 of 18,652
^^ Actually I did some comparisons of the clip zip and dx50 last night. Short answer...get the dx50. :wink:  

Haha I would hope so as its like 10 times as much

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #11,633 of 18,652
^^ I would agree with most everything that you've said. I would give somewhat more of an edge to the dx50 overall. I owned the x3 for several months before recently getting the dx50, so the signature of the x3 was firmly painted in my memory. There is resolution and transparency that the x3 just can't match. The vocals are natural without graininess. And the dynamics and great even at lower listening levels, which is a bonus for me given this is where I do most of my listening. 

The sub bass on the dx50 is tighter, more textured and digs very deep. Just an outstanding player overall. 

That x3 for some odd reason has trouble with mp3 playback, flac and other formats it's fine but it has some issues with mp3s. You can check it at the x3 thread.

Right now it's no contest between the dx50 and x3.

Ibwould take ipods over the x3 right now.

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #11,634 of 18,652
True. But I've always driven my iem's from the clip and then the x3. I was surprised at how much better the dx50 made my gr07 be sound. Color me impressed. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #11,636 of 18,652
hello 

could you help me out here?

i'm having issues with my dx50 since today: Internal storage is empty "technically" but there is no room left…..i emptied everything, and yet is says "no space available"…..i don't know why.
I did the factory reset, doesn't change anything.

any ideas?

thanks a million!

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #11,638 of 18,652
no files show up, it's empty…..

but when i drag a file into it, it says 'no space left" 

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #11,640 of 18,652
I do not want to spend money for a video or something else. I want just a quality sound. Sansa clip-z is a sound quality close to dx50?
I have a cowon c2 and Galaxy s3 and I do not like the sound of the cowon c2., I want to sound clean and clear and detailed with good soundtage
By the way I ordered the dunu dn1000

DX50 is leaps and bounds ahead of Cowon. I've heard that Dunu1k does very well with X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back