The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 9, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #11,282 of 18,652
With the FW 1.2.8 does anyone have issues with it freezing half way through a song? If I'm using it HO it will freeze but if I'm using LO I have no issues.

My DX50 froze 3 times with 1.2.8 - never had freezes with any of the previous versions. (I always use HO)
One time there was one of these max volume spikes some seconds before the freeze.

I have another issue with touch screen responsiveness: it was better in the previous versions.

Besides that i´m very happy witht the DX50 and 1.2.8. :)

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #11,283 of 18,652
Just updated from 1.2.2 to 1.2.8. Very nice! Smooth scrolling, no bugs so far, and the sound is very good. Thank you, iBasso!

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #11,284 of 18,652
I wonder if there might be some relationship between battery bloating and how fast they are charging the battery (i.e. how much current). I'm not sure, as I'm certainly no expert, but I imagine higher current charging might lead to higher temperature of the battery chemistry, and, perhaps, some gaseous expansion from the battery chemistry, as a consequence of higher temperature?

I really don't know; I'm only guessing, here.

There are so many different 3rd-party chargers for devices these days, that it's difficult to know who's using what, and at what charging rate, how well regulated the current & voltage output of each charger is, etc. etc.

I am a RC Helicopter pilot , large electric powered. These birds use huge Li polymer batteries. One of the most important specs is the mAh rating of the battery, exceed this and there is a good chance your battery will taco on you. On another note, I purchased an Anker WiFi ssd/ NAS file server, as well as a backup battery/ charger originally for my new Ipad. It does a great job charging the DX50 as well. The cheap batteries I purchased are doing great, I store them in the fridge until I am ready for them, and they hold a charge well.

Cheers,
Shawn

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #11,285 of 18,652
At Laaaaaaaaaast i got my dx50, i like it very much but i want to share with you some stuff ..

iam planning to use it unamped, so i will talk unamped.

i have a v-moda m-100 and a mad dog with clip+ rockboxed ..

starting with mad dogs + dx50 on high gain full volume, i think it drives it not bad and for me there is a lack of volume.. i need more volume but it sounds nice.

m100 + clip+ was very sweet and crisp but it always failed me in rock and rap, i felt it a bit boring..

m100 + dx50 , rock and rap are just live and awesome again, may be because of increased sound stage or instrument seperation but its very nice.

my problem is m100 is a sensitive can, so using it on hi gain introduces too much hiss and air, and that wastes alot of songs for me (with some songs i hear no hiss at all, i don't know if it has something to do with song recording or what)

i read some guys who had the same combination uses m100 at lo gain, i tried lo gain and well the hiss is at minimum or not heard at all but the sound is not full and i feel iam losing the characteristics of the m100 on the bass side,

i found some peace of mind at mid gain where the hiss is not too much and still i can feel the bass.

from the songs i tried that shows a BIG HISS is "let her go" by passenger or any classic by whitney or celine dion.

as for the equalizer i just can't make up my mind whether "on with no customization" OR "off".

so if anyone uses m100 + dx50 and could share his experience and settings that would be cool, iam just very happy that my rock and rap came back to life..

also when i use directory mode the first song i open in the diectory it scans the directory but after that it plays in a shuffled way, can i play by directory and in order ??

sorry for making it long..

Edited : Sorry i just forgot to say, the UI is great and i havent faced any problem with the dx50 since i received it, i even throw in a 128 gb card that took like 10 min to scan, but it scanned ok, and i even had some songs with strange names and characters ' > / and even some arabic language characters in the song names but they work ok, i haven't played with the tags at all, i trust my english flac files tags, but for the arabic songs tags i know there are loads of wrong **** :D

Also i bought 128 gb sdcard
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EH5US4W/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and micro sd to sd expansion from Mfactor
http://www.mfactors.com/kz-b19-065-sd-to-micro-sd-fpc-extender/

and they work great

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #11,286 of 18,652
I would like also to suggest a small change to next firmwares if possible..

just to protect the buttons,

if there is a possibility to adjust volume from the touch screen,

also to wake up screen by touch,

this will give some protection to the hardware, even if the volume buttons fail then you can just use the screen..
and i find myself changing volume alot during different songs, and also opening the screen alot since i play mostly by directory.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #11,287 of 18,652
I would like also to suggest a small change to next firmwares if possible..

just to protect the buttons,

if there is a possibility to adjust volume from the touch screen,

also to wake up screen by touch,

this will give some protection to the hardware, even if the volume buttons fail then you can just use the screen..
and i find myself changing volume alot during different songs, and also opening the screen alot since i play mostly by directory.

Having the screen to wake up is a bad idea, leave the dap in you pocket and all kind of weir things will happen when trying to reach it in your pocket, in fact I found the dap to be more resilient to transport as opposed to the X5 where I was constantly pressing the buttons accidentally in my pocket, quite annoying if you are deep in a song and all of a sudden, a different one is playing. If you end up switching songs frequently you may want to try playlists, a handy feature to collect a list of songs you can play consecutively without having to browse your directory all over the place.

Glad you are enjoying your player, just a word of warning because iBasso knows about the issue but has not gotten around to fixing it, the HO line could potentially turn the volume all the way up without warning, this could be bad for your hearing, in this situation either be quick to unplug your phones or press on the volume minus button and it will be going back to a decent listening level.

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #11,288 of 18,652
Having the screen to wake up is a bad idea, leave the dap in you pocket and all kind of weir things will happen when trying to reach it in your pocket, in fact I found the dap to be more resilient to transport as opposed to the X5 where I was constantly pressing the buttons accidentally in my pocket, quite annoying if you are deep in a song and all of a sudden, a different one is playing. If you end up switching songs frequently you may want to try playlists, a handy feature to collect a list of songs you can play consecutively without having to browse your directory all over the place.

Glad you are enjoying your player, just a word of warning because iBasso knows about the issue but has not gotten around to fixing it, the HO line could potentially turn the volume all the way up without warning, this could be bad for your hearing, in this situation either be quick to unplug your phones or press on the volume minus button and it will be going back to a decent listening level.

Well the idea without being managed will be bad for sure, i can imagine putting it in my pocket and keep changing songs and doing stupid stuff.

Well my problem is, when having a big library and shuffling songs, it happens to me alot that i need to remember the song name or play another song from that album or just in a mood to play selective songs, so either i will have the sleep time the longest where normally on any device the screen consumes too much battery, or i will just keep pressing the power button, and taking into consideration alot of posts here with failure in buttons, i won't be happy when the power button fails and i can no longer start it,

so my idea is that the screen can wake up the device and it can be managed by the lock button, or even by an on and off feature "wake up device by touch On or Off"
, any way its just an idea :D

LOL as for the volume issue, ye i took note of it, and i even tried hi gain with max volume once to see if i can take it or not :D and i think i can take it, only problem will be the surprise :D but nearly 5 days now, and i didn't face this issue whatsoever and hopefully will not.

thanks for the warning though and yes iam enjoying it so much :D

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #11,290 of 18,652
May I know which FW version sounds the best, V1.2.2 or V1.2.7?

That is an impossible question to answer as each and every listener has their own opinion of "best". Everyone hears differently and if you review all the postings regarding SQ, you will find opinions on 1.2.2 vs 1.2 7 vary widely. There will never be a universally accepted "best". If that were the case, there would only be one product remaining in the DAP marketplace.

My suggestion is for you to try each version and draw your own conclusions.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #11,291 of 18,652

ho? lo??
sorry guys I don't understand those acronyms
is the gain or an output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back