The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #11,311 of 18,652
Please, help me people! lol

Anyone know what cable I need to connect my new ifi iDSD to iBasso DX50?
If is possible, post a photo of the cable.

I really appreciate. Thanks.

I googled iDSD and I think you got it wrong!!! No input on iDSD. Forget the connection. The only input on iDSD seems to be the USB from a PC or other usb device (iPhone?Android?)

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #11,312 of 18,652
hi! i just got a new DX50 and downloaded the new firmware, but i got a problem... while playing gapless... the tracks kinda overlaps a bit... which bothers be a bit while playing a single classical piece that was chopped in few tracks... any ways i can fix it??

Under Settings, you should tick the Gapless to ON.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #11,313 of 18,652
I googled iDSD and I think you got it wrong!!! No input on iDSD. Forget the connection. The only input on iDSD seems to be the USB from a PC or other usb device (iPhone?Android?)

Yes, I think that is it! lol

Well, I have one Sony Xperia Z1, but I prefer the DAP (I already buy a AK100 MK2 because the big memory possibility).

But I don´t understand what I can do with this RCA cable on the front and the coaxial in back.

I already sent an email to IFI, but I will use like a dac for the notebook while this.

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #11,315 of 18,652
Yes, I think that is it! lol

Well, I have one Sony Xperia Z1, but I prefer the DAP (I already buy a AK100 MK2 because the big memory possibility).

But I don´t understand what I can do with this RCA cable on the front and the coaxial in back.

I already sent an email to IFI, but I will use like a dac for the notebook while this.

Thanks!

The RCA and the Coaxial are both OUTPUTS.
You can use them to connect to an amp, for example.

The only input is really the USB, Standard B plug type.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #11,316 of 18,652
After catching up on this thread, Im supprised how many people max out the LO (or use it at 250-255). I just picked up some M100's, and if I turn up the volume to 255 when I use my C&C BH2, I can only use 1/6th (maybe even 1/8th) of my volume knob before it becomes uncomfortably loud. I know the 100s are efficient headphones, but this suprises me that most people do this. I usually have my LO volume set to around 235-240 and then I can use about 2/3 of the volume knob before it gets too loud.

Also, to the guy back a few pages, when I use the m100s unamped, I am on medium gain and usually listen around 180-205. any more than that and it gets uncomfortably loud on most recordings (some quiet ones I go a little higher, but that is an exception) You definitely dont need high gain with the M-100's IMO.

Here's a quirk im wondering if anyone else has noticed:
If I have a hodgepodge directory with multiple CD's combined into 1 directory, in directory view, it shows

01 -artist -album1 -track
01 -artist -album2 -track

02 -artist -album1 -track
02 -artist -album2 -track
02 -artist -album3 -track

03 -artist -album1 -track
03 -artist -album2 -track
03 -artist -album3 -track

but it does not play in that order. It plays 1, 2, 3, from album 1. Then 1, 2, 3, from album 2, then 1, 2, 3, album 3. Its not a big deal, but its confusing when im looking at the directory track listing expecting a track to play next because it is the next track in the directory, but it still plays as if its a unique directory

Also...iBasso, PLEASE insert a 'play all' at the top level of every directory just like apple. I dont always want to select a specific album, sometimes I just want to play everything by an artist within the top level directory. I know you can use the 'artist' play function, but this is less concise than 'play directory, here's why;
For example, I have all Clutchy Hopkins in 1 directory, but he does a bunch of side projects like Clutchy Hopkins, Clutchy Hopkins and Shawn Lee...Clutchy Hopkins with Misled Children, clutchy Hopkins featuring whoever, so if you play by artist, those all come up separately as unique artists. I just want to 'Play All' from any given directory. This is also nice for multi disc CDs. It would be nice if it just played straight from disc 1 to disc 2, but currently you have to combine the discs into 1 directory, right?

Am I missing this function?

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #11,317 of 18,652
After catching up on this thread, Im supprised how many people max out the LO (or use it at 250-255). I just picked up some M100's, and if I turn up the volume to 255 when I use my C&C BH2, I can only use 1/6th of my volume knob before it becomes uncomfortably loud. I know the 100s are efficient headphones, but this suprises me that most people do this. I usually have my LO volume set to around 235-240 and then I can use about 2/3 of the volume knob before it gets too loud.

Also, to the guy back a few pages, when I use the m100s unamped, I am on medium gain and usually listen around 180-205. any more than that and it gets uncomfortably loud on most recordings (some quiet ones I go a little higher, but that is an exception) You definitely dont need high gain with the M-100's IMO.

Here's a quirk im wondering if anyone else has noticed:
If I have a hodgepodge directory with multiple CD's combined into 1 directory, in directory view, it shows

01 -artist -album1 -track
01 -artist -album2 -track

02 -artist -album1 -track
02 -artist -album2 -track
02 -artist -album3 -track

03 -artist -album1 -track
03 -artist -album2 -track
03 -artist -album3 -track

but it does not play in that order. It plays 1, 2, 3, from album 1. Then 1, 2, 3, from album 2, then 1, 2, 3, album 3. Its not a big deal, but its confusing when im looking at the directory track listing expecting a track to play next because it is the next track in the directory, but it still plays as if its a unique directory

Also...iBasso, PLEASE insert a 'play all' at the top level of every directory just like apple. I dont always want to select a specific album, sometimes I just want to play everything by an artist within the top level directory. I know you can use the 'artist' play function, but this is less concise than 'play directory, here's why;
For example, I have all Clutchy Hopkins in 1 directory, but he does a bunch of side projects like Clutchy Hopkins and Shawn Lee...Clutchy Hopkins with Misled Children, clutchy Hopkins featuring whoever, so if you play by artist, those all come up seperately as different artists. I just want to 'Play All' within a directory. Am I missing this function?

I think you are talking about me,

If i said lo gain , i dont mean line out, i mean gain level as in lo med hi,

And since your using lo with c&c, then you have two knobs at which each person sets to his preference,

Well you say you dont need high gain and your talking about the volume, i was talking about the sound characteristics and fullness, for me the hi gain gives the punchier bass and biggest sound stage with the m100 ( dont have to use high gain with very high volume try with 200 or 210), although it introduces too much hiss,

I did the same as you, by listening to med gain at 210-235, giving me the best results, i tried the low gain even at full volume the bass is lacking and sound is a bit boring.

+1

I share with you the same requests of adding some features to the directory playing, i mostly use it

I want the songs to play in order as it is so confusing, also when chosing by artist or any option other than directory, when you press the icon beside the name of the folder or the song, you get a menu of play delete or add to playlist, this need to be added to the directory listing also.

Easiest for me to explore through directory but very annoying without this options.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #11,318 of 18,652
  DX50 + Rendition 1, almost a perfect fit sizewise 
smily_headphones1.gif

This combo (other than the CIEMs) might be what I've been looking for

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #11,319 of 18,652
  This combo (other than the CIEMs) might be what I've been looking for

The DX50 and the C5 pair up real nicely.... sound and size wise.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #11,320 of 18,652
You're not making this any easier lol

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #11,321 of 18,652
I had quite a bit of trouble with quality control of the rendition 1 (3 faulty amps) before getting a refund. Id be a little careful jumpin on the R1

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #11,322 of 18,652
I get UI freezes with the last Update.... (I also got one system freeze 2 days ago)

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #11,323 of 18,652
I had quite a bit of trouble with quality control of the rendition 1 (3 faulty amps) before getting a refund. Id be a little careful jumpin on the R1

Oh really?  Hmmm....thanks

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #11,324 of 18,652
Have upgraded my commuting IEMs from UE Super fi Pros to UE Super fi 10 Triple Pros. Decided to keep the same sound signature, as I had had the Super fi Pros for around 5 years and I am loving the extra detail, clarity & soundstage. Not sure if there is extra sibilance compared to my Super Fis with cymbals for example. Both sets of IEMs are being amped.

My PB2 was on medium gain, which I have now changed to zero gain and the triple Fis sound much better.

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #11,325 of 18,652
I have some DAPs here that have higher resolution than the DX50 but, and to me this is Very important, IMO, the DX50 is one of the most musical daps I have. Better sound than the modified AK100 and more musical, and as detailed. Then there are others that outreach the AK easily but the DX50 is just plain musical with 1.2.8 and it works fantastic with an amp now with the same FW. If you like music, I can't see why this dap won't be good for years. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back