The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #11,341 of 18,652
Thanks for the advice guys, I have deleted the audio.img folder on sd card, factory reset and rescanned. I will find out if that has done the trick.

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #11,342 of 18,652
The only problems I've had with my unit in 1 1/2 months was the gapless in 1.2.6 and the less than optimal implementation of otg support.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #11,343 of 18,652
  Thanks for the advice guys, I have deleted the audio.img folder on sd card, factory reset and rescanned. I will find out if that has done the trick.

Ensure it was the factory reset option from the recovery menu, the one where it goes through a series of confirmation messages to ensure you really want to proceed.  This factory reset performs an additional step that the UI factory reset does not, it cleans the internal storage and its database.  

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #11,345 of 18,652
Itching to upgrade my DAP.. if it would be called an upgrade

I have a CF-Flashed-- 1 uf polyester film capped DiyMOD (Ipod 5g) + Pure silver LOD + jdslabs c5 amp.

Assuming that I keep my amp..how big of a difference would it be for the DX50 vs the DiyMod being fed through to the c5?

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #11,346 of 18,652

I have a CF-Flashed-- 1 uf polyester film capped DiyMOD (Ipod 5g) + Pure silver LOD + jdslabs c5 amp.

Assuming that I keep my amp..how big of a difference would it be for the DX50 vs the DiyMod being fed through to the c5?

I personally didn't think the C5 was a good match with the DX50. It was a GREAT match for my Colorfly C3 though.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #11,347 of 18,652
Who is interested in high capacity batteries or battery replacements for the dx50?

I'm a reviewer for anker and Ravpower who makes batteries for the s3. I could maybe convince one to give us a discount.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #11,348 of 18,652
Who is interested in high capacity batteries or battery replacements for the dx50?

I'm a reviewer for anker and Ravpower who makes batteries for the s3. I could maybe convince one to give us a discount.

The 4400mA works great as does the 2200mA. So start a thread and ask those who want to go in on a buy but maybe pass it by a mod first. I am not sure of the requirement of such. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #11,350 of 18,652

On the other hand i think c5d (same as c5) is super with dx50 as well as my ipod5g.
Soundwise might get a bit of real upgrade (mental upgrade might be greater)
Rockbox vs ibasso fw is a downgrade for sure!

Maybe wait a couple of months for the new round of daps? (If i were you i would wait)

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #11,351 of 18,652
  The 4400mA works great as does the 2200mA. So start a thread and ask those who want to go in on a buy but maybe pass it by a mod first. I am not sure of the requirement of such. 

its not a group buy, they give out coupon codes all the time.  I just want to see if it something people would be ever interested in.  It'd just be a coupon code that one would enter at checkout.  I post a lot of deals @ deal sites for them with these codes for the general public.  

Feb 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #11,352 of 18,652

its not a group buy, they give out coupon codes all the time.  I just want to see if it something people would be ever interested in.  It'd just be a coupon code that one would enter at checkout.  I post a lot of deals @ deal sites for them with these codes for the general public.  

Cool, I am up for that. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #11,354 of 18,652
On the other hand i think c5d (same as c5) is super with dx50 as well as my ipod5g.
Soundwise might get a bit of real upgrade (mental upgrade might be greater)
Rockbox vs ibasso fw is a downgrade for sure!

Maybe wait a couple of months for the new round of daps? (If i were you i would wait)

Since I installed emcore/Rockbox on my iPod Classic 7G I started to enjoy it more than the DX50 especially pairing it with Leckerton amps.

On it's default settings, the DX50 SQ is still better especially on resolving details in the high end. However, I found that raising the treble settings to 6dB brings it on par with DX50 SQ-wise. The added features and flexibility of Rockbox in general indeed added value to my iPod.  

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #11,355 of 18,652

Since I installed emcore/Rockbox on my iPod Classic 7G I started to enjoy it more than the DX50 especially pairing it with Leckerton amps.

On it's default settings, the DX50 SQ is still better especially on resolving details in the high end. However, I found that raising the treble settings to 6dB brings it on par with DX50 SQ-wise. The added features and flexibility of Rockbox in general indeed added value to my iPod.  

While EQing is something some people like to use, I don't use.  I prefer to not alter the source.  And just because the treble is raised, it doesn't give it any more clarity, resolution or imaging.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back