The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #11,267 of 18,652
I have never had a freeze with the 1.2.8. Maybe reload it. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #11,269 of 18,652
With the FW 1.2.8 does anyone have issues with it freezing half way through a song? If I'm using it HO it will freeze but if I'm using LO I have no issues.

I had it once for the first time ever today

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #11,270 of 18,652
Yes.  
Don't get me wrong; I realise Anker have a pretty-decent reputation, generally, but just look for yourself at some of the Amazon customer reviews:

http://tinyurl.com/pa5dv5j

I went back and found all the negative reviews. Wow, well I will keep an eye on this but there are many, many good reviews so hopefully it is a very small percentage of bad batteries but I also notice some people have received replacements that did the same thing. Doesn't bode well. I have used there regular capacity batteries for the DX50 and my Samsung Galaxy S4 with no problems. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #11,271 of 18,652
  I went back and found all the negative reviews. Wow, well I will keep an eye on this but there are many, many good reviews so hopefully it is a very small percentage of bad batteries but I also notice some people have received replacements that did the same thing. Doesn't bode well. I have used there regular capacity batteries for the DX50 and my Samsung Galaxy S4 with no problems. 

I wonder if there might be some relationship between battery bloating and how fast they are charging the battery (i.e. how much current). I'm not sure, as I'm certainly no expert, but I imagine higher current charging might lead to higher temperature of the battery chemistry, and, perhaps, some gaseous expansion from the battery chemistry, as a consequence of higher temperature?

I really don't know; I'm only guessing, here.

There are so many different 3rd-party chargers for devices these days, that it's difficult to know who's using what, and at what charging rate, how well regulated the current & voltage output of each charger is, etc. etc.

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #11,272 of 18,652

I wonder if there might be some relationship between battery bloating and how fast they are charging the battery (i.e. how much current). I'm not sure, as I'm certainly no expert, but I imagine higher current charging might lead to higher temperature of the battery chemistry, and, perhaps, some gaseous expansion from the battery chemistry, as a consequence of higher temperature?

I really don't know; I'm only guessing, here.

There are so many different 3rd-party chargers for devices these days, that it's difficult to know who's using what, and at what charging rate, how well regulated the current & voltage output of each charger is, etc. etc.

Absolutely, the lower the temp while charging, using a chip to regulate, you get a battery that lasts much longer and far less chance of a bloated battery. I have a few high quality chargers for AA and AAA and one uses a method of keeping the battery cool during charging and a constant readout of mA charged, voltage and so on. It is the best for the batteries but you don't get that with these cell phone batteries. Although the charger than came with my Anker batteries for the SIII and SIV, keep the battery fairly cool while charging but using a rapid charger is no good. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #11,274 of 18,652
I use a genuine oem s3 battery. More reliable and lasts longer per charge

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #11,275 of 18,652
I use a genuine oem s3 battery. More reliable and lasts longer per charge

I thought so also but I have an Anker battery, and maybe I am lucky, that last a little longer than the Samsung that came with my S4. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #11,276 of 18,652
I've been exclusively using the two Anker 2200mAh batteries (along with an external charger) that I bought on Amazon.  Thus far no problems.  I haven't measured the play time that I get with the DX50 on a single charge but it seems to last longer than the stock battery.  No complaints

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #11,277 of 18,652
Yes, the silicone case works great with the larger battery. No need for a extra back. Great idea. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #11,279 of 18,652
Cool, twice the battery life and all you need is the silicon case to hold it in place. I will discharge and recharge the 4400mA to make sure how the anker battery does.  

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #11,280 of 18,652
i have used anker batteries for a few years in all types of different cell phones and such and have never had any problems. They have great customer service and they warranty all batteries for 18 months. If you have any problems return it and they will send a new one no questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back